Nice guy paradox

• Nice guy paradox

Girls? You always say you want a nice guy and yet you consistently seem attracted to assholes. And when you meet a really nice guy you appreciate their friendship too much to date them. This is a problem that really appears unsolvable to me. What do you want?

Do you WANT an asshole? Is that attractive somehow?

Do you want a nice guy who's sort of a wimp?

How can a nice guy become someone you'd consider dating instead of just a valued friend?
    • Re: Nice guy paradox

Ok,

It may seem to you that all sensible girls want is a nice, reasonable guy. but that is not always the case.

Many girls like to have a more exiting relationship, rather than the "usual". The people that you call "assholes" are most likley the more daring ones, hence giving the excitment the girls want.

most girls will want a sensible guy when they fully mature.
      Then again I'm a guy so I'm not 100% sure.
      Hope this helps,
      Alex,

If you have any more questions just PM me.
    • Re: Nice guy paradox

Girls don't always go for the assholes. It's just that, like curlywurly said, they provide excitement. As a girl, I know that my friends like those rebellish guys because it lets them have a taste of something they shoudn't. It even makes US feel rebellious because we know others don't like him.
      I'm in a relationship right now with someone who used to be considered a valued friend, but I made the first move on him. So, sometimes, it DOES turn into something more.
      I have a friend who doesn't want to wreck the friendship, so he doesnt make a move.

When I considered dating my bf, it was because I could talk to him about anything, so open yourself up. Show some emotion and depth.
      Now, most girls don't want a wimpy guy, just someone who can make the first move on a date, but not in a scary way.
      I'm an odd girl though. :) I prefer to get closer to my guy friend through a relationship. But that's just me.