Any advice?

• Any advice?

Okay well i am facing a big problum...(for me at least) just recently i have found out that my best friend (pretty much my sister) is moving basically across the country... i dont know what im going to do. this might sound selfish but i need her. she has helped me though soo much if i hadnt met her years ago... i probally woouldnt be here. she know my entire life story and excepts me for that. i also know her life front to back and she has told me many time that i am the reason she is still living. we tell each other everything and we have always been there for one an other, to be honest i guess if she were to move i would almost have no one. she is the reason that i have friends i guess you can say. she has introduced me to new people and she has made me come out of my shell, she has tuaght me that its okay to be myself... what really gets me the most is that i was talking to her the other night and we were talking about the same subject, and she told me that she was thinking about killing her self if she had to move...and before i met her she had attempted it, so i know that she has no problum doing it again...but i think i talked her outta it...

Has anyone eles had to deall with losing their best friend and can maybe give me some advise to deal with it?

and/ or

can any one help me think of ways to tell my friend everything will be okay with moving??
    • Re: Any advice?

Sometimes people come in your life to teach you something and then when their job is over they leave to see if what they tought you stays with you. Her leaving to move won't make your friendship just go away. And if that happens then she wasn't really your friend to begin with.

My best friend moved away because her uncle was in the army. And let me tell you, it was tough. The day she left was a day I would never forget. I got mad at her because she didn't come to me first to say goodbye. She went to other people first when we were closer. Which was a stupid reason to be mad but whatever. So, she left. I lost her phone number and went months without talking to her until one day she called. And it wasn't about me but it was about her. Everything was. She never asked how I was doing so I had to but in and tell her that she needed to focus on me as well. She felt bad and we remained close friends to say. I started to forget about her and she did the same. I was busy with my life and the same went with her. She was like a sister to me and then the moving changed her. She stopped and come back to town and wanted to see me. And to be honest I didn't want to see her. I told my mom that I didn't want to see her so she left.

I still think about her because most of my life surrounded around her. But whatever. It's her loss not mine. But yeah, keep in contact with her. It's not hard if she has a phone, a computer or cell. Easy.
    • Re: Any advice?

two years ago i had to swtich schools in the middle of the school year and move far away from my best friend. she sounds like a really great person. when i moved, my best friend gave me a card that she made and inside she wrote a letter that was really sweet. i saved it and still have it today (and by the way it makes me cry every time). so ya writing something to her helps her have something to remember you by. oh and keep touch by email, texting, talking on the phone, arranging visits, whatever you can do. tell her that this is a new oppurtunity that is supposed to happen, and it'll be hard, but she'll get through this and learn a lot from it. tell her that just because theres a long distance between you guys, that doesn't mean you arent best friends anymore because (and i know this is cheesy but its really true) you'll be in each others memory and hearts....anyways i have no idea if that helped but i thought i'd give you my opinion
      [SIZE=3]
      [/SIZE]