Promise Ring?

• Re: Promise Ring?

Quill wrote:

somehow i doubt many people are gonna have suggestions for 2k rings on here, i didn't even know you could get promise rings

Eh, promise ring is just another name for any other ring. I think they're kinda pointless though since I think it more of serves as a dog collar.

Oh yes, and I'll openly admit I'm jealous. Though personally, instead of the promise ring I'd take that money, put a quarter in savings, and the rest in an investment of sorts. I like money, I won't lie, but I hate wasteful spending. And this, to me, is wasteful spending.

Oh yeah ... @ OP

You wanna know what the difference is between a girl's boyfriend that spends 2k and a girl's boyfriend who spends $30?

The $30 one is smarter. Cause he knows he's got better things to spend it on than materialistic things. Me and my boyfriend have also talked about getting married so we're saving up for things like our own place. No wedding though, because I personally think they're a big huge waste of money. Even more than your promise ring.

Also, so far all you've been saying has NOT convinced me that you're just using him for money. Even if he refuses to buy you anything cheap, that's when you should put your foot down and say no. Obviously, because you aren't you must be a gold digger.

Honestly, I'm not sure who I think is dumber, you or your boyfriend. If he's got that much cash to throw around he should really be spending it more wisely. A girlfriend is an emotional investment, not a monetary one
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

Spsending more than maybe $300 on a promise ring for someone you've been with a matter of months is so stupid and silly. Wanting your boyfriend of 9 months to spend 2gs on you, no matter how much money he has, really is on the selfish side. Promise rings don't cost 2k, engagment rings do. The ring you posted, is an engagement ring.

Granted, I do think promise rings are stupid. They're also something I've been thinking about a lot lately. This girl at my work is 21/22 and has one. It sounds really dumb when she goes around saying "I'm promised!" all the time when asked if she has a significant other or not.
      [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I've been with my boyfriend for 11 months and he's getting me a promise ring but nothing nearly that expensive.
      It shouldn't matter if it's 200$ or 10$ as long as you both know what it means and if you both love eachother.
      Haha my boyfriend got me a little plastic ring out of a quarter machine for like out 5 month anniversary and I still wear it.
    • captain_kurenai wrote:

Eh, promise ring is just another name for any other ring. I think they're kinda pointless though since I think it more of serves as a dog collar.

Oh yes, and I'll openly admit I'm jealous. Though personally, instead of the promise ring I'd take that money, put a quarter in savings, and the rest in an investment of sorts. I like money, I won't lie, but I hate wasteful spending. And this, to me, is wasteful spending.

Oh yeah ... @ OP

You wanna know what the difference is between a girl's boyfriend that spends 2k and a girl's boyfriend who spends $30?

The $30 one is smarter. Cause he knows he's got better things to spend it on than materialistic things. Me and my boyfriend have also talked about getting married so we're saving up for things like our own place. No wedding though, because I personally think they're a big huge waste of money. Even more than your promise ring.

Also, so far all you've been saying has NOT convinced me that you're just using him for money. Even if he refuses to buy you anything cheap, that's when you should put your foot down and say no. Obviously, because you aren't you must be a gold digger.

Honestly, I'm not sure who I think is dumber, you or your boyfriend. If he's got that much cash to throw around he should really be spending it more wisely. A girlfriend is an emotional investment, not a monetary one

What none of you seem to understand is that my boyfriend has lots of $. He doesn't need to be saving for his dream car, his own house, vacation houses because he already has all that and more- his money will never run out.

He wears $1200 sweat pants so a $2000 ring for his girlfriend isn't a big deal at all.

and we are crazy in love have such a strong relationship.

he's my best friend and my boyfriend.

I'm not gold digging or using him because I've grown up in a well to do family too.

and i would never tell him not to buy me a gift with symbolic meaning and to give me cash to save instead. its extremely rude.

collegeguy wrote:

Wow, I hope he doesn't spend a few grand on a promise ring...save your money for the engagement ring!!! Unless you have the money to spend (which he very well may) let the actual engagement ring be all that more special! I dunno, just my 2cents.

Oh. He told me that when he gets engaged, whether it's me or someone else, he'll be spending probably half a million on a ring.

The post was edited 2 times, last by onyxeyes: Merged double post ().

onyxeyes wrote:

Spsending more than maybe $300 on a promise ring for someone you've been with a matter of months is so stupid and silly. Wanting your boyfriend of 9 months to spend 2gs on you, no matter how much money he has, really is on the selfish side. Promise rings don't cost 2k, engagment rings do. The ring you posted, is an engagement ring.

Granted, I do think promise rings are stupid. They're also something I've been thinking about a lot lately. This girl at my work is 21/22 and has one. It sounds really dumb when she goes around saying "I'm promised!" all the time when asked if she has a significant other or not.

Did you read my original post? He said $10,000.
      I said no to $10,000. I'd rather him go shopping and buy a jacket with that money.

SuperHotFemale wrote:

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months- and he knows I want to get married. We're still pretty young, and right now an engagement is out of the picture, obviously We've sort of been talking about moving in on and off- so that might happen eventually when I finally get my audi and start working when I'm one school.

Anyways so last night I told him it was time for a ring (promise ring) and he seemed more than willing and told me he would be willing to spend $10,000 on a promise ring.

I fell in love with a birks ring that was like $2000.

I think he'll get me one soon but I feel like $10,000 on a promise ring would be silly- however tonight he said when he does get engaged, he'd probably be wanting to spend like a couple hundred thousand on a ring.

So what do I do?
      I think it's up too you, how you feel about him, what you want with him in the future and in your own future.

I think if you can see yourself with him and you really love him and think you cabn have your own life with your dreams as well as with him-go for it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

collegeguy wrote:

Wow....what the heck does he do for a living?

I hope he's as rich as Tony Parker or Charlie Sheen..those are the only proposal rings even close to that expensive I've ever heard of

He doesn't do anything for a living. He has hobbies, but those are hobbies not jobs.

And he has a hell of a lot more money than Charlie Sheen or Tony Parker
      THose guys are millionaires. Not billionaires.