♥Weight Loss♥

• Re: ♥Weight Loss♥

Diet: Drink lots of water and split the 3 meals a day to 6 meals, same amount of food. Try and hit 1800-2000 calories. Dont eat junk, go that extra mile! Take the water instead of the soda etc. Research your foods!Eg: did you know the BK salad has more calories than the whopper? Exercise: HIIT as explained by Iceman. Its best for burning fat. Go full out. No slacking! otherwise to speed up weightloss...weightlifting can burn up to 300-400 calories per 1hr session itself. Rest: Get plenty of rest, atleast 7-8hrs sleep. Dont exhaust yourself, but dont be lazy.

heyy
      weight loss?
      well im 5"7 and about 9 stone. (126lbs)
      i dont really eat more than 800 calories a day and i do atleast 15 minutes of jogging a day and 10 minutes of any other exercise (it varies per day:)).
      i have the wil power but the weight does not seem to be coming off.
      i have recently lost about 6 pounds but i want to get to about 8 1/2 stone.
      if you have any tips or help, or you just want to lose weight together reply.
      please help
      x

I'm with ya sweetie id love ta lose some weight rite now and over the summer.. ive jst strted walking and eating less junk so im hoping with time itl come off th healthy way :D
      [COLOR="DimGray"][CENTER]Behind It All There Is Something Waiting To Be Loved...Still Lost..Never To Be Found..A Life Alone Is Not Always Sad..[/CENTER][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sorry for long response, but I want to be as thorough as possible.

To address all those who posted in this topic that would like to shed a few pounds, skipping meals is not the way to go. As I'll mention later, you'll be doing your body more harm than good.

The Diet
      The easiest and healthiest way to lose weight is with a solid diet. I'm not talking about a diet coke and a slice of bread for lunch. If you want to shape up, it all comes down to how much effort you want to put forth in your eating habits.

When losing weight, a female should aim to consume NO LESS than 1,500 calories. A male, on the other hand, should strive for no less than 2,000 calories. Exercise will go into consideration with this calorie-scheme, but I will touch on that later.

That being said, 1500(F) or 2000(M) calories should be spread between 5-6 meals. Each meal should be consumed roughly 2.5 hours apart from each other. Within each meal, enough protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats should be consumed, with breakfast being your heartiest meal of the day. A typical meal should consist of 250-350 calories.

No matter what your stomach says, no matter how hungry you may not be, you MUSTN'T SKIP BREAKFAST. Not only has your body used up its resources during your long nights sleep, the lack of a full breakfast slows down your metabolism greatly. When your trying to lose weight, eating a few hundred calories for breakfast is far more advantageous than skipping it entirely.

Your Diet & Rest
      As fore mentioned, the calorie goals for females and males are 1500 and 2000, respectively. With each meal, a healthy split of proteins, carbs, and fats must be achieved.

For those losing weight, a 45/45/10 split would be most beneficial.
      -45% of your caloric intake comes from proteins.
      -45% of your caloric intake comes from carbohydrates.
      -10% of your caloric intake comes from healthy fats.

Of course with any diet, a slight change of diet would not be too harmful. As long as the above numbers are roughly followed, gains (or in this case, losses) are bound to occur.

*I will add (either in an edit or a future post) a list of foods good for cutting weight*

A sufficient amount of sleep is required each night no matter what your goals may be. 7-9 hours should be your target; any more or less would be either useless and/or harmful.

What should I do for Exercise?
      When losing weight, the type of exercise is up to the person, as long as IT is exercise. No, getting off your ass to get the mail everyday does not count.

Running is often recommended, and for good reasons. A gym membership is not needed, and it can be done almost anywhere. A target time for running would be 30 to 60 minutes daily, with the exception of Sunday being an off day.
      (*Sidenote* HIIT is a form of running I find quite effective. Google it if you'd like, for I am too lazy to explain it at this moment)

Sports are also great ways to get in shape, though practices are not aimed to help you lose weight, making calorie burning a bit tough. While you may burn fewer calories, you get to spend time with you friends and enjoy friendly competition. Your call on this one.

I'd advocate weightlifting above all, and for many reasons. A lifting regime aimed toward hypertrophy (muscle-building) could aid you in your weight-loss quest. A solid weightlifting schedule would not only give you muscle gains but an increased metabolism as well. The more muscle one has, the more fat his or her body burns. For males, I HIGHLY recommend pumping the iron too reduce catabolism (muscle-breakdown) when losing weight.
      Another form of weightlifting would be circuit training. In circuit training, a person does a certain amount of reps on one exercise before moving onto the next. Circuit training should be done with minimal rest periods and completed within (~)30 minutes.

Regardless of what you do, cardio is highly recommended when cutting weight because it puts less stress on maintaining a strict diet. Personally, I'd both weight lift and run if I were cutting weight, but thank God for bulking ;]

Common Myths
      "I don't eat carbs because they make you fat"

You NEED carbs, whether your cutting or bulking. They are your bodies main source of energy and your body (guess what) NEEDS ENERGY!!

"When I run/lift, I feel as if I didn't get a good workout"
      Soreness does not indicate a good workout. However, if you haven't broken a sweat over the course of a 60-minute workout, you're not working hard enough. If you notice gains in terms of body fat reduction, muscle growth, or increased athletic ability, keep doing what you're doing.

"What can I do to 'tone' up my abs"
      First off, the word tone makes me want to punch a baby, so don't use it. You do not tone up abdominal region, you simply lose body fat in the stomach area, revealing your once-hidden abs. Second, your focus when 'toning' out should not be solely on the abdominals. If you neglect your 600 other major muscles, you will not receive the results you want. Spot training is IMPOSSIBLE. Crunches do not make your abs more prevalent. If you want abs, lower your overall body fat %.

"I'm not seeing enough results!"
      Two things. You're either not being patient enough, or you're not following your diet. When losing weight, a loss of 1-2 pounds per week would be solid. For the severely obese, 3-4 pounds would be more sufficient.

"How do I know if I'm making progress?"
      Step on a scale twice a week and record your weight. Make sure that each time you record your weight, it's at the same time each week. If you notice you're bouncing between weights, it's nothing to worry about. Water retention and other factors come into play when measuring your weight (that's why you need to do it at the same time ech week, preferably in the morning).

"One more question..."
      Shoot me a private message or whatever form of communication this site uses if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer to the best of my ability.

Overview
      If you stay committed, I believe anyone can reach their goals. If you want to be something, than go do it. Don't hold it off until tomorrow, because you're just making an excuse not to do it. It's hard work, but hard work pays off.

Sorry for this being a gargantuan post. Just trying to help.

~Bail

(P.S. If you want to lose weight, then READ. It's an intimidating amount of writing, but it will only help you. If all else fails, message me.)

Hey everyone, mind if I join you?

I've just turned 17, am 5'2 and 9 stone 2 :(
      I'm starting a similar diet to the Special K one tomorrow, and I'm walking an hour per day.

Good luck everyone! :)
      "Like kisses on your lips I'm still the person you can't change. So stop trying, stop mistaking stars for planes." - Your Favourite Kisser, Her Name Is Melody by Reuebn Teskey.