Intelligent Design (Creationism) ((Christian Stuff))

• Re: Intelligent Design (Creationism) ((Christian Stuff))

Because you would have a compare and contrast advantage for students finding what is more viable. In this case, this does not apply to one or two theories, but also the many others out in the world. Making it more likely for us to find truth.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

It is a theory, I think we would survive without it just as well.

They both are about the origins, both giving the reason for us being here. However there are many others. Why deny other theories that have a different point of view but example the same thing?
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

It is a theory, I think we would survive without it just as well.

They both are about the origins, both giving the reason for us being here. However there are many others. Why deny other theories that have a different point of view but example the same thing?

Actually, that's incorrect and there are many examples of where evolutionary theory has vastly improved our quality of life.

Vaccines is one of the more prominent examples. Evolutionary theory is pretty much what lead to the creation of vaccination and the policies surrouding its use.

Antibiotics are another aspect, where evolutionary theory has pretty much predicted that the excessive use would lead to antibiotic resistance.

The importance of conserving biodiversity is another aspect evolutionary theory was able to illustrate.

These are just the few examples off the top of my head. Artificial selection is pretty much what brings us food to our table.

Where as it improved mine? no where.

Vaccines, and anti-biotic are micro evolution, not macro. The same goes for anti-venoms.

What you are trying to combine are the evolution as a whole which most of it is theory, and opinion. there is only one that works and has been proven micro.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Where as it improved mine? no where.

Vaccines, and anti-biotic are micro evolution, not macro. The same goes for anti-venoms.

What you are trying to combine are the evolution as a whole which most of it is theory, and opinion. there is only one that works and has been proven micro.

The distinction between micro and macro evolution is so subtle, it really is hard to distinguish between the two.

Evolution is taught in schools with a primary focus on microevolution, and if you don't have a problem with microevolution, why shouldn't it be taught?

Good for you, not here. Perhaps the reason for the rebellion against the teaching of evolution.

If you wish more go to the discovery channel, and history channel.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Good for you, not here. Perhaps the reason for the rebellion against the teaching of evolution.

If you wish more go to the discovery channel, and history channel.

But they're science channels, so of course they're going to be biased for the evolutionary theories.

There are also tons of shows that have GOD plastered all over them, just not on those channels.

And I was just stating that from my experience, in seconary schools microevolution is the primary focus in Canada. I don't see how that called for a condescending reply.

The Guardian wrote:

Tons? I doubt it, they do not receive government money.

It is not condescending, but rather resentful.

There's a lot of those "jesus hour" kind of talk shows on TV compared to shows that are dedicated to "evolution."

And why would you be resentful? People still hate microevolution here because for some reason, they always bring it back to creationism vs evolution debate. I for one believe the two can work in tandem and are not necessarily contradicitons of one another.

Again my problem is with macro, not micro.

Compared what? macro-evolution has control of the school system. The teaching of all other beliefs, or theories were tossed out.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Again my problem is with macro, not micro.

Compared what? macro-evolution has control of the school system. The teaching of all other beliefs, or theories were tossed out.

What kind of principles did they teach you in secondary schools that pertained specifically to macroevolution? I don't see how they can make an entire curriculum out of macroevolution without any basic foundations of microevolution.

I highly doubt that the majority of evolution being taught in school is macro.

here is something you'll find in your text book. "After billions(millions?) of years of evolution"
      This is what macro is.

No, a majority of people are turning to homeschooling now, because of the bias.
      [/CENTER]

"After billions(millions?) of years of evolution"

... and that's the emphasis of the course?

And what's wrong with that statement?

And how is that macro? Are you defining macro by a length of time?

The Guardian wrote:

No, a majority of people are turning to homeschooling now, because of the bias.

I'm also pretty sure that majority of kids in US are not home schooled.

They cannot prove it, they have a lack of proof.

You have argon dating, and radiometric dating too of the most accurate dating methods, even then they are off by sometimes millions and other times thousands.

If it was not biased, would it not include another sentence? or perhaps a compound one? Where it mentions all of the theories? And what they can mean to each one? Is this not a more logical choice?
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

They cannot prove it, they have a lack of proof.

You have argon dating, and radiometric dating too of the most accurate dating methods, even then they are off by sometimes millions and other times thousands.

If it was not biased, would it not include another sentence? or perhaps a compound one? Where it mentions all of the theories? And what they can mean to each one? Is this not a more logical choice?

A lot of bacteria survived for billions and millions of years and have evolved and adapted. That statement doesn't point to human beings or any single animal. It just says evolution has happened.