Jonas Brothers

• Re: Jonas Brothers

Elektrobank wrote:

i have just had a listen to some of the JB songs. I must say, they are hugely talented if you ask me. I have never seen such skill and raw talent being displayed on the guitar.

Thier album a little bit longer is a great album. In my opionion it is the best album i have heard in about 5 years. I love the song lovebug.

This band has a bright future.

/sarcasm

They are a rock band. A pop-rock band.

I don't see why they are unacceptable. Most people like you think they suck because of their popularity. While I myself would say that their fame doesn't really come from pure talent, I would argue that they still hold quite a bit of merit, musically.

And I would disagree on the "if it wasnt for disney, they would be nowhere". Im sure that if disney didn't pick them up, some record label will. Record companies would be smart enough to realize that their music sells to the younger crowd.

There's a lot of bands out there, if given a lot more exposure, would be as famous as Miley Cyrus, JB, and other artists like that.

The record label Fueled By Ramen, has a lot of bands that appeal to the younger audience, usually preteens to young adults. I'm talking about bands like Paramore, The Academy Is..., The Cab, Cobra Starship, Cute Is What We Aim For, and Panic! At The Disco.

Those bands are quite popular imo, but if they were given the same exposure as The Jonas Brothers, they would be just as big, since they cater to the same audience.

Would I say that a band like Paramore has no talent and is not acceptable? No. That would be an ignorant thing to say. Just because a band plays simple power chords, and music with simple structures doesn't mean they lack musical talent.

The drummer and guitarist of Fall Out Boy used to be in a metal band, and I doubt it that anyone in here would say that kind of music doesn't require a musician to have talent to be able to play it right.

In conclusion, you all need to get over it and stop getting butthurt because a bunch of teen guys got their big break. They might not be the best band out there, but they are still musicians, and I can respect what they do... even if i'm not a fan.

panicmayarise wrote:

They are a rock band. A pop-rock band.

I don't see why they are unacceptable. Most people like you think they suck because of their popularity. While I myself would say that their fame doesn't really come from pure talent, I would argue that they still hold quite a bit of merit, musically.

And I would disagree on the "if it wasnt for disney, they would be nowhere". Im sure that if disney didn't pick them up, some record label will. Record companies would be smart enough to realize that their music sells to the younger crowd.

There's a lot of bands out there, if given a lot more exposure, would be as famous as Miley Cyrus, JB, and other artists like that.

The record label Fueled By Ramen, has a lot of bands that appeal to the younger audience, usually preteens to young adults. I'm talking about bands like Paramore, The Academy Is..., The Cab, Cobra Starship, Cute Is What We Aim For, and Panic! At The Disco.

Those bands are quite popular imo, but if they were given the same exposure as The Jonas Brothers, they would be just as big, since they cater to the same audience.

Would I say that a band like Paramore has no talent and is not acceptable? No. That would be an ignorant thing to say. Just because a band plays simple power chords, and music with simple structures doesn't mean they lack musical talent.

The drummer and guitarist of Fall Out Boy used to be in a metal band, and I doubt it that anyone in here would say that kind of music doesn't require a musician to have talent to be able to play it right.

In conclusion, you all need to get over it and stop getting butthurt because a bunch of teen guys got their big break. They might not be the best band out there, but they are still musicians, and I can respect what they do... even if i'm not a fan.

Actually, a record company did pick them up. Columbia Records. Guess what? They dumped the Jonas Brothers. Disney is the reason why they're still here.

Anyway, our main concern is the reactions of the fangirls. They worship the three fags like idols. They pray to him and wish to marry and get gangbanged by them (I swear I read this on Youtube.) And they call them talented and refuse to acknowledge the thousands of better musicians. Their music sucks (it has no lyrical meaning, the instrumentals are primitive, and their vocal talents sound like straining adults who try to bypass puberty. No wait, they ARE adults who sing like 14 year old boys.)

Furthermore, they actively campaign for their popularity using despicable means like making diabetes seem like a big deal and are advertising purity rings, a sacred symbol of Christianity. Let me digress. Diabetes, especially Type 1, is NOT lethal in any case. It is NOT untreatable. And with the wealth that he has and the bodyguards he employs, there will be NO major or minor incidents that will occur. And yet everyone makes a big fuss about it. They should all seriously take up AP Biology. Secondly, they proudly flaunt their purity rings. Acknowledging their presence is one thing, but implicitly telling the fan girls who have no religious strings attached to purchase a purity ring is another.

They live an idyllic life that is in all regards a shame. They own a private jet in times of economic crisis. They believe that the most important things in life are relationships when clearly they are short-sighted. Their fans drive 3 hours to their concerts, regardless of gas prices. You call this a good role model? Making stupid Youtube videos and reveling in their fame and do nothing that contributes to society? Sure, diabetes and purity ring awareness. It's a sham to attract publicity.

They are far from the best band out there. They do not deserve it, and they shouldn't even be considered a band.

And they are NOT rock. Rock is rock n' roll. And this is not rock n' roll. It is 100% purely bubblegum pop. Having guitars and drums does not constitute as rock. The soul, the emotions, and the atmosphere of rock n' roll is what makes rock. Not the instruments.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

This is the problem with music nowadays. Everything is just money, money, money. Damn this capitalistic industry. Damn it all. When will there be actual music? Not even bands like GnR are making music.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

Hey guys they really arent that bad, comon nicks a pretty good singer, i rather listen to them then hannah montana anyday. Im not saying they are my fav band, but dont hate that much..
      [CENTER]And then with a little luck we might just get stuck[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Let's get a little mud on the tires[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

LOLFag wrote:

Diabetes, especially Type 1, is NOT lethal in any case. It is NOT untreatable. And with the wealth that he has and the bodyguards he employs, there will be NO major or minor incidents that will occur. And yet everyone makes a big fuss about it.

Semi correct. Diabetes itself will not kill you, but the stuff that it can cause will. (namely circulation problems, kidney failure, and Diabetic Keto-Acidosis.)

If I go to bed without my pump connected, there is a chance I might not wake up the next morning. If you know what you are doing though it isn't hard in the least to keep it under control.

SuperHotFemale;1551436 wrote:

my boyfriend says you guys are all idiots who don`t know how to drive

rubber314chicken wrote:

Semi correct. Diabetes itself will not kill you, but the stuff that it can cause will. (namely circulation problems, kidney failure, and Diabetic Keto-Acidosis.)

If I go to bed without my pump connected, there is a chance I might not wake up the next morning. If you know what you are doing though it isn't hard in the least to keep it under control.

I agree. But if you're a millionaire and have an army of trained bodyguards that are paid to act whenever there's even a minor situation, I'm very very sure he's fine.

I hate how fangirls are afraid he might die. He fucking won't!
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

they are the gayest band that has ever existed, id rather go to see a weekend of busted, mcfly, backstreet boys etc for an entire wk than listen to even 3 seconds of the jonas brothers, they are everything that is wrong with this world, the episode of south park about them was just classic!!!!! fukin hilarious!!! mr mouse, HA HA!!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by kopite ().