A Little Thing Called Common Sense ~by~ Just_A_Dude

• Re: A Little Thing Called Common Sense ~by~ Just_A_Dude

The Guardian wrote:

How many animals use a rock as a tool? Or a stick? Or a beak? and so on?

What occurs naturally in the environment? Rock, sticks, and beaks? Why yes. Yes they do.

His point is that Humans go one step further and use things that occur naturally to create things that don't exist in nature, things that cannot be reproduced in nature, and as such are not "natural."
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Metal, a hammer, wood, the handle. Clothes, cotton from a plant. We only take what is natural and shape it into something more practical and usable than a round rock, or a ball of white fluff.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Metal, a hammer, wood, the handle. Clothes, cotton from a plant. We only take what is natural and shape it into something more practical and usable than a round rock, or a ball of white fluff.

...thereby making it into something manufactures, not natural. What are you getting at?
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Bebop wrote:

...thereby making it into something manufactures, not natural. What are you getting at?

No, only shaped it is natural. as the materials are found in the world.
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Language thing; I was raised a Christian but I'm strictly not Christian at all now, but if I remember correctly, there is something in the bible about Swearing.
      Some people interpret words as swearing depending on what the meaning of them is, along with the traditional ones.
      So if I'm right, the companies that include language in ratings, are trying to be respectful of everyone's views. If someone doesn't care, they won't NOT buy something that was rated for language.

Nudity; Some parents don't find that it should be exposed to young children because they don't want to go through things like 'that talk' or having their kids thinking that taking their clothes off in random situations to be appropriate.
      I'm not saying the latter would happen regularly, but it all has to do with maturity.

As for the Parenting point you put up. I disagreed immensely. Not with all of it though. I agree that if you're not ready to be a good parent to a child, you should not have/keep that child.
      But you cannot call a parent a failure because of who their child is.
      In a world like we have now, it doesn't matter how well raised a child is.
      In the end, they'll make up their minds themselves. Especially when there is an outside source other than the parents.
      You may suggest that the parents remove that outside source, which doesn't always work either.
      As I said before, I was raised Christian by my strictly Christian family, yet now I'm directly involved with Paganism.
      Values to some people will come from their family, and sure; some kids who are raised properly will turn out great.
      But some won't, and the parents can not have full blame placed upon them.
      Yes, there are bad parents, but in alot of cases, it doesn't always have to be so.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

Bebop wrote:

So by your definition, a car is natural.

Well, technically, EVERYTHING is natural according to him. Look, we can't make things out of thin air. We have to have something in Earth already there to make it from. The plastic on my computer came from the Earth at some point.

But until you can find a cell phone growing on an apple tree, or a hammer bush, whatever..... It's not natural.

Batgirl wrote:

The Language thing; I was raised a Christian but I'm strictly not Christian at all now, but if I remember correctly, there is something in the bible about Swearing.
      Some people interpret words as swearing depending on what the meaning of them is, along with the traditional ones.
      So if I'm right, the companies that include language in ratings, are trying to be respectful of everyone's views. If someone doesn't care, they won't NOT buy something that was rated for language.

Nudity; Some parents don't find that it should be exposed to young children because they don't want to go through things like 'that talk' or having their kids thinking that taking their clothes off in random situations to be appropriate.
      I'm not saying the latter would happen regularly, but it all has to do with maturity.

As for the Parenting point you put up. I disagreed immensely. Not with all of it though. I agree that if you're not ready to be a good parent to a child, you should not have/keep that child.
      But you cannot call a parent a failure because of who their child is.
      In a world like we have now, it doesn't matter how well raised a child is.
      In the end, they'll make up their minds themselves. Especially when there is an outside source other than the parents.
      You may suggest that the parents remove that outside source, which doesn't always work either.
      As I said before, I was raised Christian by my strictly Christian family, yet now I'm directly involved with Paganism.
      Values to some people will come from their family, and sure; some kids who are raised properly will turn out great.
      But some won't, and the parents can not have full blame placed upon them.
      Yes, there are bad parents, but in alot of cases, it doesn't always have to be so.

Language: Well, I put the language in a different subject because I wanted it separate. If we want to have bad words, then yes, I agree their should be ratings for them.

There is nothing about cursing in the Bible. The Bible uses the words ass and damn regularly.
      It does refer to something about not saying "God damn" or any other ways to take the Lord's name in vein. Then only true way to curse is to take the Lord's name in vein. God didn't make the English language, these are a bunch of made of words. So unless you take the Lord's name in vein, you're using a regular word.

Shit means crap. No getting around that. It's stupid to say that it is any worse than another word with the same meaning.

Nudity: The only reason parents don't want their children to see nudity is because society tells them. Animals don't freak out about it. Why should we? Kids should have the talk once they get to puberty. If animals can figure it out all on their own, I'm sure we could. So why not just clarify it a little?

Being nude in random situations wouldn't be quite as awkward if people were nude wherever you went. What if every time you went to the store someone was naked? What if when you went to school someone was naked? What if you saw naked people all over town everyday? Would it being any more awkward to see them anywhere else? No. It's just awkward to see them naked now because we aren't used to it. And also, it wouldn't be that hard to tell a child when nudity is inappropriate. If there are certain times people shouldn't be nude, such as when eating, then you shouldn't need to tell your child to wear clothes when eating more than one time before he understands you. It's your job as a parent to correct your children when they do something wrong. That's why you're there.

And like I said. I'm not trying to convince anyone to become a nudist. I'm just trying to say that your nudity isn't bad. I wear clothes everyday, but I'm also not scared to see myself or other people naked. If there was anything truly wrong with it, trust me, you wouldn't be born naked.

Parenting: Well, I'm only 14, I don't know much about parenting. But I do know it's not always the parents fault. That section was mainly just meant to tackle the people who let their kids run off and do whatever the hell they want even though they know it's not good for their kids. Outside sources (such as peer pressure) cannot be blamed on the parents if the kid decides to smoke weed because his friend told him to. Is that seriously the parent's fault? No.

But as a parent, if you think it's bad for him, you should not allow him to continue to smoke weed and hang out with that friend. Encourage him to stop, tell him why it's bad, etc. Don't just let him do it, don't cave in. If you give up, you are a failure, and that is your fault.

Parents aren't a one-stop blame shop, but you can blame a lot of fucked up stuff of the parents that is their fault entirely.
      [center]Teenhut's Pokemon Fanboy
      Have we lost all Common Sense?
      :rockon:I play the guitar.:rockon:[/center]

The post was edited 9 times, last by Just_A_Dude: Clarified some things. Fixed some grammar. ().

^ I get what you're saying about the language and nudity.
      And thanks for correcting me on the bible part. I wasn't sure.
      But remember, some people aren't comfortable with their bodies.
      And it doesn't have to do with being used to nudity or not.
      I'm not saying you're wrong. But for some, it's better that we have clothing.
      And with the parenting thing, I'm glad you cleared that up.
      But in your original post it seemed like you were blaming parents a little too much.
      Because you didn't have an alternate explanation.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

Batgirl wrote:

^ I get what you're saying about the language and nudity.
      And thanks for correcting me on the bible part. I wasn't sure.
      But remember, some people aren't comfortable with their bodies.
      And it doesn't have to do with being used to nudity or not.
      I'm not saying you're wrong. But for some, it's better that we have clothing.
      And with the parenting thing, I'm glad you cleared that up.
      But in your original post it seemed like you were blaming parents a little too much.
      Because you didn't have an alternate explanation.

Alright, I'll go back and edit my first post if I still can. That's not the first time people have told me I'm blaming just the parents. That section needs work then.:)

Yes, it is better for some people we have clothes. I just don't get why you have to wear clothes. You have no choice. You wear clothes, or you could get arrested for public indecency. All I'm saying is you have a right to be natural.

That, remains your opinion, young man, of what you believe to be natural. In my opinion everything here is natural, though the shape of the object or thing is not. ;) You have no way, to say otherwise, and would if I wished be locked into debate for eternity.

Now, you say we have the right to be, in your opinion, natural. Lets glance at this. Do we have the right? Or a chance? If even that. You see, everything you have was bought by someone, in my case, my freedom was bought by the blood of my fore fathers. Due to the fact that everything you have can be taken away, they are not rights. But rather privileges that you are granted at the time being.

Also, they have designated areas wear nudist's can meet, in town(normally inside a building) and sometimes even on a beach. Not everyone wishes to see a nudist, especially the parents.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

That, remains your opinion, young man, of what you believe to be natural. In my opinion everything here is natural, though the shape of the object or thing is not. ;) You have no way, to say otherwise, and would if I wished be locked into debate for eternity.

Now, you say we have the right to be, in your opinion, natural. Lets glance at this. Do we have the right? Or a chance? If even that. You see, everything you have was bought by someone, in my case, my freedom was bought by the blood of my fore fathers. Due to the fact that everything you have can be taken away, they are not rights. But rather privileges that you are granted at the time being.

Also, they have designated areas wear nudist's can meet, in town(normally inside a building) and sometimes even on a beach. Not everyone wishes to see a nudist, especially the parents.

You don't have to look. You can control your own eyes, dude.

Blood of your fore fathers! I lol'd.

Just_A_Dude wrote:

You don't have to look. You can control your own eyes, dude.

Blood of your fore fathers! I lol'd.

Yes, I can. however the innocence of a five year old? Or two year old?

That you may have, my family has been in every war since this nation was born. So I would appreciate it if you did not laugh, as I have lost many of them.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Yes, I can. however the innocence of a five year old? Or two year old?

That you may have, my family has been in every war since this nation was born. So I would appreciate it if you did not laugh, as I have lost many of them.

Well, it's a nobel idea. I wasn't laughing that they actually fight for what they believe in, I was laughing that you think your free. Because you aren't. None of us are.

I didn't mean to offend.

Oh, and so what if a five year old looks at you? Curiosity is also natural. And if the parents would sit them down and tell them what all of it's about then I'm sure they wouldn't look quite as often. Think: Are you going to look at something more if you know what it is, or if you have no idea what it is?

that remains your opinion, what about the rights of others? The right of one to have a meal where they do not see someone run by nude. That to is their opinion, thus the right to opinion. However to try and accommodate everyone they make it as best as they can. In this case many do not wish to see such, as such the smaller the area that nudists can go legally.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

that remains your opinion, what about the rights of others? The right of one to have a meal where they do not see someone run by nude. That to is their opinion, thus the right to opinion. However to try and accommodate everyone they make it as best as they can. In this case many do not wish to see such, as such the smaller the area that nudists can go legally.

Well, firstly, I don't think anyone should be nude while eating in public... For sanitary reasons.

And what man doesn't want to see a woman naked just randomly walking down the street? This is more of a problem for guys not wanting to see other guys naked, and girls not wanting to be offended period.

For the guys: Don't look down until you've seen boobs, that's all I can say. I can't help you if you normally stare at people crotch-level.

If you don't want to see it, don't look. That doesn't take much common sense.