A Little Thing Called Common Sense ~by~ Just_A_Dude

• Re: A Little Thing Called Common Sense ~by~ Just_A_Dude

Normally here it does not, however a few years back we got 2 feet of snow. thus the need for it. Would I, yes, for more than shelter. In my case protection, as poison ivy, can kill me.

Last time i had that they had to send a plastic tube down my air way....
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

Just for fun, let's play pretend. What if you didn't live where you live now, but rather a mystical magical place where the temperature is always between 65 and 75 degrees. Always, no matter what. And just for the sake of argument, let's assume you're smart enough to not go rolling through something you know might possibly kill you.

Would you wear clothes then?
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Not if the media is there. ;) :P

Sidenote; I do not have to go rolling through it, you can burn in hundreds of feet away.....
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Not if the media is there. ;) :P

So you're reason for wearing clothing is a completely man-made entity? I see, very natural.

Sidenote; I do not have to go rolling through it, you can burn in hundreds of feet away.....

What? I don't know what you're thinking of, but I was thinking poison ivy. If you can find a way to get that from hundreds of feet away, you're more talented than I....
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Okay, The Guardian. I am going to make this perfectly clear sense you don not understand it.

My shirt does not exist in nature without human intervention. Thus unnatural. But the materials that my shirt is made from do occur naturally. Thus natural.

The shirt is not natural, the materials it is made from are. Don't ask what is natural again unless you want to look like an idiot. I've proved why it's natural and not natural. If you want to argue about this, prove me wrong, don't ask, "What is natural?" over, and over, and over again.

The Guardian wrote:

Does it occur in Antarctica? in the winter? Dear heaven, up there you lose more than you fingers.

Actually, if a baby were born in these places and conditions, then it would occur naturally. You are born naked, I repeat, you ARE born naked. You are not born with any type of protective covering other than the skin on your bones. Even if you take a natural object or material and turn it into a protective covering, it was not the natural one you were given at birth.

The Guardian wrote:

What's natural and whats not?

If one does not like how cotton is now shaped than I can use a deer skin for clothes. Natural. Since the clothing is natural, what is his problem with clothing?

Sure, the deer skin counts as clothes, but it's not the natural skin you were given. I would be very unnatural for a deer to use my skin to stay warm in the winter.

My problem with clothes? I've stated this several times. I WEAR CLOTHES. I have no problem with clothes, I see their purpose completely. I take full advantage of them, guilty as charged.
      Now, I ask you: What is society's problem with nudity?

That was the original question.
      [center]Teenhut's Pokemon Fanboy
      Have we lost all Common Sense?
      :rockon:I play the guitar.:rockon:[/center]

Just_A_Dude wrote:

Okay, The Guardian. I am going to make this perfectly clear sense you don not understand it.

My shirt does not exist in nature without human intervention. Thus unnatural. But the materials that my shirt is made from do occur naturally. Thus natural.

The shirt is not natural, the materials it is made from are. Don't ask what is natural again unless you want to look like an idiot. I've proved why it's natural and not natural. If you want to argue about this, prove me wrong, don't ask, "What is natural?" over, and over, and over again.

Actually, if a baby were born in these places and conditions, then it would occur naturally. You are born naked, I repeat, you ARE born naked. You are not born with any type of protective covering other than the skin on your bones. Even if you take a natural object or material and turn it into a protective covering, it was not the natural one you were given at birth.

Sure, the deer skin counts as clothes, but it's not the natural skin you were given. I would be very unnatural for a deer to use my skin to stay warm in the winter.

My problem with clothes? I've stated this several times. I WEAR CLOTHES. I have no problem with clothes, I see their purpose completely. I take full advantage of them, guilty as charged.
      Now, I ask you: What is society's problem with nudity?

That was the original question.

First, you misspelled "since"... lol

Yes, just a dude, these materials occur naturally. as I can go pick cotton out of the fields, or metal out of the ground. The only thing that can be considered "unnatural" is the shape of the natural items.

If they needed your skin, they would take it, it is natural. If a baby, remains the same as in your opinion "natural" way it would die.

No, you have not proved anything, Just a Dude. I have asked what is natural to call out your opinion. Of which contradicts even the dictionary, which everything here would be under, however the shapes of are not normally found.

Now, you have your opinion. What else? Your opinion? Vs the opinion of the people that do not want to see nude people? Brilliance, your argument would be the same as a couple of children fighting over a toy.
      [/CENTER]

Just_A_Dude wrote:

But guardian does pose a very legitimate question.

Why is "human intervention" unnatural? Aren't humans "natural" afterall?

nikitashot wrote:

But guardian does pose a very legitimate question.

Why is "human intervention" unnatural? Aren't humans "natural" afterall?

Because, clothes don't appear in nature on their own. The materials they are made form do, but there isn't a species of shirts that reproduce to make baby shirts, there are no shirt trees. If I want a shirt, I have to craft it myself. If it were natural, it would be in nature without my interference. I do not have to interfere to make and apple grow in nature, nor do I have to interfere to allow animals to reproduce on their own. All of these are natural events. If clothes were a naturally occurring event, I wouldn't have to craft them myself.

Clothes, mostly are made of materials found in natural, their shape of that material is not normally found.

However you have your opinion and are entitled to it, but this does not make it true.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Clothes, mostly are made of materials found in natural, their shape of that material is not normally found.

However you have your opinion and are entitled to it, but this does not make it true.

It's not only shape, but also form. The cotton of my shirt doesn't resemble a cotton plant very much.... I also had the change the form.

But okay, you provide a strong argument. For the sake of argument, I agree, clothes are natural. I still do not understand what society's problem with nudity is, because it's just as natural as clothing.

Form, young man, is shape....... It does not resemble the cotton ball. If you wish to have clothing made out of the leaves that is fine too.
      [/CENTER]

Sorry, I got brain scrambled on the "sense" vs. "since" they are both spelled right, I just used the incorrect one. I do this a lot when typing fast.

Okay, let's see. Everything is natural (or whatever points you're trying to make)? I'll go with this. Everything is natural, including nudity and clothes. Why is nudity a bad thing if it is just as natural as clothes? What is sooo bad about female breasts? They serve 1 function: To produce milk (well, that's actually the mammary gland, but you get my point).

Why should and how could anyone be offended by this? That would be a necessity for life if we didn't have baby formula. Yet you're (society, not 'You') offend by this? Please explain why you're offended because the human race is equipped with a way to nourish a baby's body in a way that the baby's digestive system can digest. Please explain why you're offended because we are equipped with the tools necessary to reproduce to keep the species alive.

Did I say I have a problem with it? no, I am simply saying it is your opinion vs theirs.

Btw, nice recovery. :p
      [/CENTER]

nikitashot wrote:

Morphine and opium are natural. Why not just let people freely consume it?

I don't know... Why not? If people want to treat their bodies like that, what business of it is yours? As you're agreeing with The Guardian, (as I am, too) it's only your opinion.

Opium, Ice, and many other drugs are an entire different subject than this one.

These are natural, however the reason they are illegal is because the effect the state of mind, impairing the judgment of the individual. And sometimes and cost a life, not always the user.
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Did I say I have a problem with it? no, I am simply saying it is your opinion vs theirs.

Btw, nice recovery. :p

Any "You" or "You're"(s) there are referring to society, not you.

But since this debate is mostly between you and me... Would you care to try to provide a viable reason to why society finds it offensive?

The Guardian wrote:

Opium, Ice, and many other drugs are an entire different subject than this one.

These are natural, however the reason they are illegal is because the effect the state of mind, impairing the judgment of the individual. And sometimes and cost a life, not always the user.

So nudity wouldn't impair judgment? Nudity can also cost a life, since it would attract rapists.

Just_A_Dude wrote:

Any "You" or "You're"(s) there are referring to society, not you.

But since this debate is mostly between you and me... Would you care to try to provide a viable reason to why society finds it offensive?

I cannot speak for a group of people. You should know this.

nikitashot wrote:

So nudity wouldn't impair judgment? Nudity can also cost a life, since it would attract rapists.

Good point.
      [/CENTER]

Just_A_Dude wrote:

When you group a bunch of people together, no matter what you try to do, they'll always form some sort of a 'culture' with rules and expectations. These rules and expectations usually come about as a form of adaptation to their surroundings.