I got in trouble for this?

• I got in trouble for this?

Okay, i seriously do not understand my parents and sister at all.
      I was uploading some random videos about my house and posted it on facebook.
      My sister saw the history of the camera and saw me doing that.
      After taht, my mom and ssiter got super pissed at us becuase our house is messy (truth) and saying your embarrassing our family/asian culture and shit.

Why the fuck are they making such a big deal out of this?

ALl i did was upload my house video on facebook and they get pissed cause it was messy?
      When i say psised as in "beat the crap out of me pissed"
    • Re: I got in trouble for this?

It's hard to understand.

Your mom uses things like the cleanliness of her house as a way of quantifying how in order her life is. So basically, in her eyes, you just posted a video that had a sing in the background saying "Look at how filthy my mom keeps our house. It's pathetic."

You don't see it like that, it's just a house, who cares if it's a bit cluttered. but she sees it that way.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

From an outside view, it's not much of a big deal, how 'messy' someones house is. Most people don't care that much anymore.

However, that's not how a lot of mothers see it. My own mother is a lot like this too, she's just embarrassed because some people keep things neater than we do. It makes her feel sort of like a slob even if it's not that bad.
      Don't hold it against her, she has a right to express her concern about how her house is being displayed to people, but she doesn't have the right to go totally berserk.
      [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]S i m u l a t i o n: M e + H i m[/SIZE]
      :hugs:
      [/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Bebop wrote:

It's hard to understand.

Your mom uses things like the cleanliness of her house as a way of quantifying how in order her life is. So basically, in her eyes, you just posted a video that had a sing in the background saying "Look at how filthy my mom keeps our house. It's pathetic."

You don't see it like that, it's just a house, who cares if it's a bit cluttered. but she sees it that way.

x2

/Thread

Guys normally don't care about things like that but Mom's do. If the house was messy she takes it as a reflection on her. It was somewhat inconsideration of you to post something that would potentially reflect poorly on her. I think the best thing to do since it is already done is to apologize, ask her to forgive you and promise you will never do it again without discussing it with her.

jasonperson wrote:

After taht, my mom and ssiter got super pissed at us becuase our house is messy (truth) and saying your embarrassing our family/asian culture and shit.

ALl i did was upload my house video on facebook and they get pissed cause it was messy?

Your mum n sister bully you, why u no dig them back?

you embarrass your asian culture? think of the deep shit i'd be in if i said someone was embarrassing white culture.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

jasonperson wrote:

I stopped reading at "The Asian culture part"

Then i broke out laughing.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

Bebop wrote:

It's hard to understand.

Moms freak out over the little things. I think its normal.

idk wat kind of asian u r but i no how u feel cuz my parents have wierd indian shit...i got no clue wat the big deal on it is either i cant have ne1 over unless every room that we would go in2 is cleaned(including a storage room where all the food is) ur gunna have 2 deal with it thats all i got

What was in the video? That could have been what annoyed them the most to. I agree its not a huge deal, but your sister could be mad because (if you went into her room) her stuff is on facebook and everything. Girls are very picky about privacy believe me I know I am one. :) :) :)