please help me!

• please help me!

hey guys i'm new and my name's kristine and i need some help. i kinda have a complicated family...i had a pretty good childhood but this past year my life has kinda fallen apart. i have an older sister who is going to college next year, and she is a HUGE genius. my parents have spent the past year spending ALL their time with her...and thats not an exaggeration. if i'm lucky, they'll say four words to me at family dinner and even my friends (when theyre at my house) tell me that i was right when i said they dont talk to me. my parents are always telling my sister how proud they are of her (because shes so smart and all) but never tell me. and it's not like i'm stupid etiher. i go to a really hard school and make straight A's, have a ton of friends, and am a really good dancer and gymnast. i put so much stress on myself to do better to get their attention (even though that doesnt work) that i stress myself out a lot during the school year. anyways i've talked to my parents many times and told them how i felt and they said they'd work on it...but that lasts for a day or so before it's back to the normal pattern of ignoring me. anyways my self confidence has hit a low this year and i've developed on and off anorexia. my moms a doctor and she doesnt even notice it cause she doesnt pay attention to me. anyways i've been able to work past my eating disorder but their constant neglectince is makign me relapse. and i'm really scared to tell them about my anorexia because that will just make them be less proud of me than they already are, and i'll feel like i'm disappointing them. and yes, even when my sister's gone, they still ignore me (except to yell at me occasionally). PLEAAAASE HELP!!!
      [SIZE=3]
      [/SIZE]
    • Re: please help me!

i forgot to say....my dad is kinda abusive (he throws stuff at my dog and when he gets mad he'll like run out of the house or throw things and threaten me and stuff) i dont know if thats abusive cause he hasnt physically harmed anyone in my family but its really scary and stuff
      [SIZE=3]
      [/SIZE]

lets jus say it would be a good idea to tell an adult who could possibly MAKE your parents listen. thats all they really need to do. if it does get to the point of physical abuse, i suggest you get the heck outta there. about the ignorance, tell a family member. or if your sister isnt a judgemental person, tell her about them ignoring you. its best to leave out that its because of her. but its just a suggestion

=[ I thought I got no attention, but you got it bad. I guess parents just have favourites sometimes and you either are it or you aren't it. I think it's really bad that your Mom hasn't realised you're anorexic, even if it is only on and off, and I think it's even worse that you're afraid of telling her incase you disappoint her and your Dad. Where else can you go? A help clinic? A counsellor? Maybe even talk to your sister about it?

You should go talk to someone else about your Anorexia. Get them to tell your parents and make them listen.
      Go see a doctor or someone at your school.
      Talk to your sister, if you can. Tell her how you feel etc.
      Or just try and sit your parents down and tell them, hard as that may be its probably for the best.

Goodluck.
      [CENTER]
      Linkin <3
      21st April 07

[/CENTER]

Hey kristine, i've only joined this thingy today so i'm still trying to work out how to use everything and stuff but yeah..
      I can really relate to what you wrote.. I duno wether i can actually help you but sometimes just knowing that someone else out there knows how you are feeling can help in some bizarre way. I had anorexia for nearly 3 years which started pretty much the same way as yours has started...its now developed into other problems ..but yeah anyway i just wanted to let you know that if you want someone to talk to more privately then i'm always willing to listen. I know how alone and isolated you feel.
      Stay strong yeah? :)

xx
      [SIZE=4]jess[/SIZE]

i've tried not talking to my parents for a while....but then my dad noticed and talked to me and i told him why i wouldnt talk to him and how he and my mom were ignoring me...he said he'd work on it but everything's still the same. the thing is, my parents are like the perfect parents in public. my teachers get to be good friends with them, my dad always helps out and is a member of a ton of commitees, and everyone says i have the perfect parents. my moms offered to send me to a counselor (for issues about my dad) so i think i might tell the counselor about my anorexia....anyways thanks for replying and i'll keep you updated