So do you girls 'turn' bisexual, or are you born that way?

• Re: So do you girls 'turn' bisexual, or are you born that way?

I think a person can't be born bi its not genetic! and yes some girls can flip but i think its a mystery. cuz im bi and i have no clue why i liked boys at first then i started to like girls out of no where! i mean i was just sitting there and thinking wow she's hot. but really its like something you can't explain. but you can't be born bi like i said it's not genetic!

I didn't turn bi - I just thought I was straight and was in denial until I realized I had more than friendly feelings toward some girls.
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Capt Sasha wrote:

Sexual orientation have more to do with congenital and hormonal influences at embryo stage than genetics. Genetically we'd need to homosexuals to give birth to a homosexual child, which is biologically not possible, so far. Homosexuality has been studied for ages and it has been proved by statistical data that society or nurture doesn't have much to do with it, people are just born that way.

Well, it is quite common for two lesbians who want a child to ask for the sperm of a gay male friend, or something along those lines, so it is possible.

I think in terms of nature versus nurture I would have to adopt the idea of the diatheseis-stress approach, that being that there are biological factors that create the potential to be a certain way, bi or gay, but unless this potential is triggered by life events, then the default biological pattern will be adopted, that being straight.
      That's just my opinion to be honest, but I feel nature and nurture both always play some part in everything.

i have girl friends who are bi and they said it's more because of the environment rather than personal genetics. Back at their all girls school about 20% of the girls there turn bi because people naturally tend to look for someone intimate and since they don't meet much boys they spend time with fellow girls.

Definately genetic, I believe what most scientists believe in that to be bisexual or homosexual you are born with a lack of a certain chemical dependent on your gender to what hetrosexuals would have, and the difference in level to the hetrosexual counterpart makes you bisexual or to full on homosexual.

I believe that is true, makes sense. I definately dont believe its a disorder cause im gay myself.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=1]praise my seriously awesome signature. :chairdance:[/SIZE]
      [/RIGHT]

Personally, I believe I was born this way. I've never been straight, that's for sure. Haha. I've, for as long I can remember, been attracted to both boys and girls. As Dana Carvey says: I'm happy with whatever I find down the front of someone's pants.

A lot of girls, though, make themselves bisexual at parties and such to be "hotter". Because girl on girl is hot. But if they're just making out with another female for the attention, it's sickening. I've met many girls like this.

If you are truly GLBT, you were born that way. It's not genetic. It's not about nurtue. It's something unexplainable. But it's not like brown eyes or liking the color pink.

well i know that being gay is determined when your still in the womb, it's been scientiffically proven. It depends on how much testosterone you get as a featus, but dont quote me on that. so i am presuming that being bi (like myself =]) must be the same.

but on the whole girls flipping thing, i found personally it was kinda more of a discovery. it's like how do you know you like it unless you try it. i tried it. i liked it.
      Bxxx

well we're all born straight... and when we become young adults the hormons make us feel attracted to a certain guy... or girl.
      it's not like a label... you know, "i am bi" or "i am straight"
      it's like we'd say "i'm a rock girl" just because at some point of our lives we liked a rock song.
      you're straight until you meet someone who turns you on, whether it's a guy or a girl.
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Reia-mi al nemuririi nimb/ Şi focul din privire,
      Şi pentru toate dă-mi în schimb/ O oră de iubire..
      [/COLOR]
      :angeldevil:

I heard, somewhere, homosexuality was a 'chemical imbalance' which honestly, I found a bit insulting. I'm not sure why.
      Maybe everyone's situation is different. Whether it be environment they are in/were raised in, 'genetics', or just a random situation that proved it to them.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]We might die from medication but we sure killed all the pain. What was normal in the evening by the morning seems insane.[/SIZE][/LEFT]

For me, turns to be. I just come out after the experience with my honey know at BImingle.com, first confused and dare not to admit it. But be attracted it. Worried about being kicked out by family and friends. When I be brave enough to try it, things turn to be not so bad. it's ok.

Someone can be born with a 'dormant gene'--or a trait that surfaces later in life, because something in the environment triggers it. I don't know if this kind of trait includes sexual orientation, but it doesn't seem impossible.

I don't think anyone can force him/herself to be bisexual, though. Never seen anyone actually succeed. I know I couldn't become lesbian if I wanted. I myself have had small feelings for girls that began in sixth grade and have come and gone sporadically and rather mysteriously. Can't explain it.

I think whether one is born already bi or born only with the potential for bisexuality, it can take a while to discover it. Some people don't figure it out for a long time, or don't recognize it within themselves.
      [FONT="Garamond"]
      [SIZE="4"]I will compose until I decompose. :p[/SIZE]
      [/FONT]

I wouldn't say girls turn bi, i mean fro me it just sort of developed. Lots of girls say they've felt attracted to girls for as long as they remember, but that certainly isnt the case for me. Maybe for those girls it was genetic, i don't feel it was with me. I think there's a possibility there is a gene that could have an influence on sexuality, but that doesn't mean if you don't have the bi gene you cant be bi. Or if you have a bi gene its inescapable and you will definately end up bi. I think thats stupid,