I am freaked out

• I am freaked out

See, i have this problem...the last day of soph. year, someone who i thought i could trust completely went behind my back and told a lot of people that i was bi. i am kind of freaked out because it really is just a matter of time until someone tells someone and somehow it gets back to my relatives who tell my parents. i know so because my school has two hundred kids tops. no im not lying, its really small since its a TINY town. And a lot of my cousins go there, and im trying to tell them before they find out themselves. the only problem is that they completely disown my cousin who is gay and my brother is in the marine corps and believe me, he thinks anything related to homo is unamerican. theyre all devout christians and frankly, i was too but its soooo confusing... either way i just need some advice.
    • Re: I am freaked out

By the sounds of things, it seems like you're gonna have to give up one way of life or another. Either you're gonna be bi, or you're gonna be Christian. Before anyone starts picking at my reply, I'm going to say that what I'm saying is purely what I'm inferring from your original post. If your family can't accept homosexuality and there's someone who has already been disowned within the family, then you can try your luck and tell them you're bi, hoping that they'll have a different view of you as they did to your cousin, or stay in the closet. However, with the whole 'someone spreading it in school' thing, I guess you're gonna have to tell them before they hear it the wrong way. It's always better if it comes from the person themselves, because then atleast your family know you respect them enough to share it with them.
    • Re: I am freaked out

MxPxRocker15 wrote:

See, i have this problem...the last day of soph. year, someone who i thought i could trust completely went behind my back and told a lot of people that i was bi. i am kind of freaked out because it really is just a matter of time until someone tells someone and somehow it gets back to my relatives who tell my parents. i know so because my school has two hundred kids tops. no im not lying, its really small since its a TINY town. And a lot of my cousins go there, and im trying to tell them before they find out themselves. the only problem is that they completely disown my cousin who is gay and my brother is in the marine corps and believe me, he thinks anything related to homo is unamerican. theyre all devout christians and frankly, i was too but its soooo confusing... either way i just need some advice.

if your parents are going to disown you, that's pretty fucked up. anyways, what i would do is don't worry about the people talking. That's just rumor. When it comes up (to anyone, not just your parents) play it straight. Than when you go to college/can support yourself/whatever, is when you come out. Or just hide it forever.

Don't tell them now.