want to get a boyfriend... but how?

• want to get a boyfriend... but how?

All of my friends have boyfriends. Anna and Thatcher, Kenna and Jae. Katherine and herself... I have no one. I have the tendancy to be very forward about my emotions, I can't stand waiting. This summer has been tough because my sister and her boyfriend are very romantic... It makes me feel that I want someone too! :o

I need some good advice on flirting and patience... I would like a boyfriends for my 8th grade year. I'm slightly round, I have a larger chest because of it, I'm sarcastic, funny, tall, artistic, band geek ;) and a romantic when I'm in the right relationship. I've only had one but it moved way too fast, I didn't understand that I was too young. Now I just want someone who will like me!
    • Re: want to get a boyfriend... but how?

i want a boyfriend so bad. all of my friends have one and go on doubble dates nut i cant go because i dont have one. i am going into 7th grade and i am kinda short and have brown hair and brown hair. i want someone to share my first kiss with befor i am 15.

It helps if you're not looking. I was looking for a great relationship, and I always got screwed over. And then as soon as I stopped looking and was about to give up, I found the most amazing guy ever and we're verryyy happy together. So seriously, love isn't something you can go looking for, it's more of something you happen upon. Just be patient. You're still really young, you have plenty of time to find an amazing guy.
      +Laura+

woah, that skinny person totally hijakced this thread!!

but to the original person,

just chill. Make some new friends this year. dont rush it, then the relationship has a higher chance of...not being happy.

and dont do heroin. that is usually a turnoff.

oh, and take it from a guy whos knows what guys like:

USE YOUR BOOBS

thank you, and have a nice day

don't force love. it doesnt work like that. you should not give the impression that you are desparate if you want love. Love is not something you have just to be "cool" or to fit in. it just ....happens. Once you realize this, things should get easier. You are young so you have plenty of time to have a relationship.

Be happy with yourself, you don't ever "need" a guy.

When a guy realizes that you are strong and confident on your own two feet, he will probably be more attracted to you. If he gets the impression that you are lonely and borderline desperate, it's going to be a turnoff.

So just talk to guys, and see what happens. Hope you find someone that you connect with. good luck :)
      -Jessica

Kenna&Kathrine and also to anyone desperate to get a boyfriend.

A few tips from an experienced singleton.

Rule 1) Don't be desperate. It doesn't work, lads can tell when a girl is acting desperate and it really does put them off.

Rule 2) Be yourself. Never change to suit a guys particular needs/wants in a girl, he will know that you have changed specifically for him and will be a bit freaked and will back off. This includes trying to get slimmer, or more popular, or more interesting/sporty/fashionable.. whatever. They should like you for who you are.

Rule 3) Friends come first. An easy mistake to make, if a guy says that he will date you as long as you ditch your friends, DON'T DO IT! Ever!! Friends are first or second along with family, boyfriends always come third or where ever else you put them after the important stuff. No guy is that important to ditch your friends for them. Besides who will you have to turn to if it ends?
      Keep your friends!!

Rule 4) Enjoy life! Seriously, this one is a biggy. Boyfriends are not the most important things to have in the universe. I realised this one far too late. Being single can be jsut as fun as being in a relationship. You can flirt with any guy you choose and it can be as many as you want. Have fun with friends. Go out and enjoy being a teenager, we have enough to worry about with tests and exams, why worry about your relationsips as well. Have fun with the ones you have.

Hope these help any or all of you out.

Please do Send us a message if it does.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thankies XxX
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're like a butterfly, pretty to see and hard to catch...
      But I did catch you and now we are together.
      Hopefully forever...
      .{.Msg Me.}.

I recently came to realize, yeah, you can't LOOK for a relationship. You just have to let things happen naturally, and you'll end up in a good one. If you search for it, you end up settling for all these losers, and you just get your heart broken all the time. And yeah, never ditch your friends. Your friends and family are the people that made you who you are today. If any guy tries to get you to ditch your friends, he's basically saying he doesn't like what they've made you, and he wants to change that.

Remember: If a guy wants to date you, your friends and family come with you. It's a package deal. If he doesn't want the package, he can't like you that much. Do you think he'd ditch all his friends? Hell no. Guys don't do that. They do the whole, "Bros before hos". And it's true for us too. Chicks before dicks. Any guy that wants you to change what you are isn't worth it. I'm kind of chunky too, I have glasses, brown hair, blue eyes.. I have some pics up in Post Your Photos. You wanna get a bf? Don't look for one. Just make friends with guys, and eventually something wonderful will happen. And don't go for the first guy that likes you. Shop around, go on a few dates, see who you're most compatable with.

PM me if you need any more help, I'm ending a 2-year relationship as we speak. I have a thread about it in D & R. check it out, get back to me.

Good luck!! :D:D
      [CENTER]. : Hard Work Pays Off in the Long Run. Laziness Pays Off NOW : .[/CENTER]

[CENTER]:wink: Member of the Kind of Weird Sexy Club :wink: [/CENTER]

alright I'm gonna say what I look for in a girl. I'll be a sophmore in highschool in spetember.

They dont push themselves on you like.....dont ask me out, I wanna ask you out. Dont follow me around, and be pushy and blatantly show you like me.

You have to be hot. I'm sorry, but 9/10 times personality alone won't get you anywhere.

Don't dress like a whore and dont dress like your 7. You claim to have pretty big boobs, dont lock them up.

Guys are horny. Don't forget that.

Everyone saying be yourself and all that and don't change, I wish it were true, but I don't see any guys telling you that, only girls. When people say that guys only look at the pretty girls, its basically true. Its a mean thing to do, but im being realistic because I don't agree with a lot of the things people have said...

8th grade....don't feel like you need a man. Seriously, anything before highschool is usually pointless and over confusing....so don't rush it, and you'll find someone that likes you for you and you like them evantually.

THC wrote:

woah, that skinny person totally hijakced this thread!!

but to the original person,

just chill. Make some new friends this year. dont rush it, then the relationship has a higher chance of...not being happy.

and dont do heroin. that is usually a turnoff.

oh, and take it from a guy whos knows what guys like:

USE YOUR BOOBS

thank you, and have a nice day

Yeah. I love you.

xD

The advice [about heroin turnoffs and using your boobs] is fantastic.

Ah, SOMEONE'S smart.

:rolleyes:
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I got to the point where I saw other people happy in relationships. I craved so bad to have what they had. Mainly because I didn't want to be alone, I couldn't stand being alone in this world. I would seek anything that I could get. Which was a horrible thing to do but oh well.

I was young and tried playing the field. In the process I got carried away and didn't care whether I got hurt or not. I just wanted someone there to be there, just to be there. And it got to the point where I got so sick of myself. I wouldn't go out because I was going out to toy with people's emotions. I blocked people out because I didn't want to fuck them over. I gave up on both love and lust.

Once I stopped looking I found someone, well they found me. And a month ago is when I finally realised that if I didn't go through what I did then I wouldn't be in a great relationship right now. What I'm trying to say it that you must go through a lot of losers first. You need to play the field. Chances are you won't get too hurt. Stop looking. Just sit back and love will find you.