A very confusing situation...

• A very confusing situation...

Ok, this is a very long recap, so I'll try to get through it as quickly as possible.

A few months ago, my friend broke up with his girlfriend because of some issues they had been having. The situation escalated to extreme heights, and eventually I was brought in to act as the middle man. They would text me, and I would tell the person what they had said. Eventually, after a particularly bad time of this, his ex messaged me on Facebook to ask a few questions. We talked, and eventually the subject changed to just general life. We must have talked for at least a few hours.

This went on for a few days, with conversations going on for a few hours at the least each time. I also would text her, and she the same. My friend, however, was unaware of this, and assumed that I hated her as much as he did.

Finally, it all came down to an ultimatum. My friend was looking through my texts on my phone one night when we were hanging out, and he got really quiet all of a sudden. He left soon after, and I checked my phone to see that he had forwarded a few of my texts to himself. He was very angry, as was to be expected, and immediately asked her how she felt about me. She said she didn't really know me, but from what she knew she liked me too.

In the end, he calmed down, and he says that if anyone would be her next boyfriend, he'd want it to be me. I texted to her today, and she said that she'd be up for hanging out sometime next weekend.

Now, here's my problem. I have never talked to her in person. We've seen each other a few times and smiled at each other, but we've never been face to face and talked. I'm worried about how that might play out when we do hang out. Should I talk to her at school before the time? Also, where would be the best place to go given the cirumstances? Lastly, should I go alone, or should I bring a friend so it's a more casual thing? The only mutual friend we have in common is her ex, and I don't think that would go that well...
    • Re: A very confusing situation...

Just relax and be yourself. It maybe a little awkward at first, but you can shake that awkwardness soon enough. Talk to her like you normally would. Don't psyche yourself out and make things complicated. If you want to be more comfortable when you two hangout, you should talk to her in school. It will make it easier and less awkward for when you two hangout. Go wherever you want, or wherever you would usually go to hangout. I don't think any places should be ruled out due to the circumstances. You don't have to lurk around with her forever. Don't make it a big deal. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

While "Man law" dictates that you shouldn't date your friends ex, I have to respectfully disagree with that law. I think that if there was an ample amount of time between the break up and getting together, it should be okay. Why throw away an oppertunity to be with someone who might be a great girlfriend?

Anyways, onto the main subject.. Make sure to relax when you're hanging out. As for if you should talk to her at school or not beforehand is completely up to you. Do you feel comfortable talking to her at school? Or would you rather just wait? As for where to go, just go somewhere that isn't uncomfortable to you. And take her into consideration, too. Maybe ask her where she'd like to hang out at. =P

Good luck! =)

Support Leader,
      ~James
      Need help or just want to talk? PM me. :)
      -------------------------------------------------------
      "It's easy to be nice to people you like. But being nice to people you hate, that's a skill. Do it."

Hi everybody,

I have a bigger problem now. The thing is, I want to go up and talk to her before we do something this weekend. However, I always freeze up before I do it. At first, I was convincing myself that I just didn't want to say hi in front of her friends. However, there was one point where she was walking through the halls alone, and she was waiting for me to go up to her and say hi. She actually looked directly at me twice while I was walking a little ways behind her with my friend. Still, I didn't do anything, and I blew it.

Why am I having so much trouble if I have no trouble talking online or through text?