ever since...

• ever since...

...my parents found out my sister was pregnant, they forgot im still alive.
      they care more about her and her annoying boyfriend.
      im not jealous but they get me mad cuz i try to talk to them,
      and they just never have time for me ):
      what should i do? :(

oh and by the way: they argue too much
      and i try helping but they just yell at me to shut up.
      -angiekrypto(:

The post was edited 1 time, last by angie.zebra ().

• Re: ever since...

It's not that they care more about your sister and her boyfriend, its just that she's pregnant, she's going to have a baby, and thats a HUGE responsibility so loads of preparations have to be made, so they have to focus on those, even if it means they have less time for other things in their live, unfortunately that also includes you. I'm sure it won't always be like that, just for the time being.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

^^sorry, just to add that maybe you could help them with these things, and just bear with them, i'm sure they must be under alot of stress themselves^^
      "And This'll be the first time in a week,
      That I talk to you and I can't speak,
      It's been three whole days since I had sleep,
      'Cos I dream of his lips on your cheek"

Hey there :)

I just wanted to say that I have floated on the same boat with you, so I know how it feels to have your parents kind of "ignore" you. It's definitely not right for them to pay more attention to your sister than to you, but that's why you need to tell them how you feel. You can't expect your parents to exactly know how you feel, but I'm sure if you told them what you just told us, they'd probably do things a little differently. Your parents love all of you; don't ever doubt that. And with your sister getting pregnant, you just have to naturally expect that your parents will pay a little more attention to her than to you. As time goes by, the equilibrium will come back and things will be back to normal. But firstly, you just have to talk to your mom and dad, and tell them how you feel.

Good luck!
      Support Leader,

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

angie.zebra wrote:

...my parents found out my sister was pregnant, they forgot im still alive.
      they care more about her and her annoying boyfriend.
      im not jealous but they get me mad cuz i try to talk to them,
      and they just never have time for me ):
      what should i do? :(

oh and by the way: they argue too much
      and i try helping but they just yell at me to shut up.

Hello, :)

I'm sorry that that's happening but I don't at all think that your parents forgot you're alive. I think they're just worried about your sister, the baby and your sister's boyfriend.

Above all, I'm sure they're extremely stressed about the whole thing-because how old is your sister? Plus, money's tight for almost everyone now so getting, finding and keeping a job will be difficult. Especially if your sister or her boyfriend are young and irresponsable, immature and what not.

And if both your sister of her boyfriend don't have a college education or at least some kind of education-that your sister or her boyfriend can prove that they have. Even if it's a tech school-it'll help both of them and the baby and your parents plus you in the long run.

When it comes to your parents yelling at you and telling you to shut up; Just remember they are stressed and it'll probably gets worse before it gets better. Just try to be as big a help as you can, being fairly quiet would probably help you a lot too.

I would wait until you think it's a good time and until you and your parents are alone. Than I would tell them how you feel about all of this. If you're scared of starting the conversation use something like "Guys, can we talk? And please hear me out this time because this is important.." Or something like that- but talk to them about how you feel; at least get them to hear you out; or at least try.

Good Luck!
      PM me anytime!
      Support Leader,
      RockMeBaby<3
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]I[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]am....[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]RockMeBaby<3[/CENTER]

Yea i agree with the others...having a baby is a big deal and from what people have told me the 9 months leading up to it arent great...how much older is she than you. 5 yrs?? Well when you were lyk 6 and she was 11 you would have got a hell of a lot more attention...just coz you were little and couldnt do much yourself!!! Im sure she would have gotten over it!! When the baby is born, most attention will prob go to the baby, but it will come back to you!