Religion

• Re: Religion

VenomX wrote:

There are numerous debates about religion already. Can't you keep it in one thread?

Guardian, atheism has done good for our world. Religion has done the opposite pretty much.

While this is true, there is nothing wrong with having a personal faith. Having your own personal view on things is much better than being forced what to believe which is what religion does.

That is rediculous a god is there to guid you in the troubles and tribulations that mark the way human life follows. all atheism gives its followers is a different view on how the world works. you don't have the ability t look to some one more powerful than you to help with your troubles, whilst if u believe in a god u can ask them for help and look to their teachings for advice. i know personally that when i have been on the verge of complete melt down looking to my gods helped me get right back on track.

Yeah, whatever. That's your belief (an opinion) not a fact. Quit trying to preach it as a fact. No God has ever helped me in any way and my life sucks, at the moment. It's not improving anytime soon. So, yeah where's God at when I need him? Not there. Not real.

You believe in purple unicorns and fairies, as well?

Dresden wrote:

Like what?

Thanks for being very specific. What don't you understand? Where the other religious threads are located or are you not sure what I mean by religion being harmful and atheism being great in our world?

Since you weren't specific enough, I'll give an answer to both of the questions...

Do a search for religious threads here. Whatever you wanna discuss about religion, it's probably already been made.

Atheism lets you choose how you want to live your life. It doesn't control every aspect of your life. You're living free without having to please a God. That's one good reason why atheism has done good for our world. It doesn't force you to do something, if you don't want to go through with it.

Religion...well, we all know what harm it does to our world. Religion destroys us as a human being. Christians are self-centered people that only want your money in their possession and they try to brainwash you with lies ontop of that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VenomX ().

VenomX wrote:

Thanks for being very specific. What don't you understand? Where the other religious threads are located or are you not sure what I mean by religion being harmful and atheism being great in our world?

Since you weren't specific enough, I'll give an answer to both of the questions...

Do a search for religious threads here. Whatever you wanna discuss about religion, it's probably already been made.

Atheism lets you choose how you want to live your life. It doesn't control every aspect of your life. You're living free without having to please a God. That's one good reason why atheism has done good for our world. It doesn't force you to do something, if you don't want to go through with it.

Religion...well, we all know what harm it does to our world. Religion destroys us as a human being. Christians are self-centered people that only want your money in their possession and they try to brainwash you with lies ontop of that.

You answered what I asked about what does Atheism do,I guess I wasn't specific enough...

VenomX, your arrogant attitude isn't convincing anyone to convert into atheism. You're doing it wrong.

If you really want people to convert to atheism, you have to tell them the good things about it (you kind of did, yeah), and why they should try it.

You don't go around telling people that there are stupid, and self-centered. That's fucking stereotyping right there, and that's a stupid fucking behavior.

Christians are self-centered people that only want your money in their possession and they try to brainwash you with lies ontop of that.
      What kind of shit is that? Get out with your negative fucking attitude. You're giving us atheists a bad name. AND you probably wonder why most religious people think we don't have morals. It's the kind of people like you that can be compared to the radical fundamentalist christians. There are bad apples on both sides and you're the rotten apple on the atheist tree. That statement of yours is pure assumption and speculation. It's no secret that the church doesn't pay taxes, and ask for donations, but to say that the majority, if not all, of the christian population are like that is just an idiotic and ignorant statement.

Christianity is a religion founded on morals and good virtue after all. The actions of a few greedy radicals doesn't account for all of the people. There are a lot of christians out there who do good in the name of their lord. I would rather have them do it for themselves and humanity, but that doesn't matter than much since they are still doing good things for the betterment of themselves or other people.

What you're doing here is just berate and alienate religious people just because of your own personal experiences.

There are so many problems with having a personal faith in believing in a God. It blinds you. Deludes you. It gets to the point where you can't even tell the difference from your imagination and reality. What makes logical sense and what makes no sense at all.
      Yes sure, as clearly what atheism has done for you also. You are blind and you just exude hatred or just utter despise towards religion and probably religious people also. Religion doesn't blind people, it influences people. Some people are influenced more than others.

You seem to have this assumption that all religios people are just devout crazies, which isn't really the case.

Name ONE good thing that religion has done for our world. The people that follow it are out to brainwash others. It literally destroys us as a person. Convert to atheism already. Live your lives more freely and escape from the clutches of religion.
      Again, what the hell does this do other than make you seem like a hating asshat? Religion has influenced people to do real good things for humanity, like sincere charity organizations to just good samaritan behavior. Religion CAN destroy a person if that person lets it. Atheism CAN destroy a person if that person lets it. To me, you're already on your way to total bigotry, which is such a sad thing.

While I do believe that humanity and society are where they are now because of the advancement in science and technology, I wouldn't completely disregard religion in the equation for human advancement. Religion has done both good and bad things for humanity, but they are minor and more self focused, while science and techonology make advances for the whole. Belief/Philosophy = Self, Technology = Whole.

Yeah, whatever. That's your belief (an opinion) not a fact. Quit trying to preach it as a fact. No God has ever helped me in any way and my life sucks, at the moment. It's not improving anytime soon. So, yeah where's God at when I need him? Not there. Not real.
      Lol oh yeah, like what all you have been saying aren't only opinions. There is no way to prove if a certain God has helped you. There is currently no way to measure or confirm divine intervention. Lol, presenting an argument that God doesn't exist just because he's not helping you when your life is crappy, is just the same as someone saying that God is there because when that person's life was shitty, he/she got through it.

So your argument is just weak and is lacking in validity, just like most of the arguments that the religious present. There is just no way to figure out of god was the reason for things, or if nature was the sole reason. If you life suddenly became much better tommorow, how would you know if it was god stepping in, or you just happen to got lucky by chance? There's no way to find out, so that argument is just invalid and shouldn't even be presented.

There is a right way, and a wrong way to advocate atheism, and what you have been doing is not the proper way.

The post was edited 3 times, last by gardenhead ().

panicmayarise wrote:

If you life suddenly became much better tommorow, how would you know if it was god stepping in, or you just happen to got lucky by chance?

God doesn't exist. He certainly wouldn't be stepping in and helping me. It's all just luck. As for the rest of your post, well I read it surprisingly. I disagree with all of it, of course. It's just a bunch of bullshit, really. You act like you've convinced somebody to join your side, which you haven't, either. So enough of the hypocrisy and just be quiet.

The post was edited 2 times, last by VenomX ().

Also, I wasn't trying to convince anyone to join atheism. There's a different and appropriate time for that.

My side!? Were on the same side, were both atheists. I just disapprove of your methods, since it closely resembles the methods of the ones you seem to hate.

Youre telling people how self centered christians are, yet, you seem self centered, and uninviting.

The post was edited 4 times, last by gardenhead ().

VenomX wrote:

God doesn't exist. He certainly wouldn't be stepping in and helping me. It's all just luck. As for the rest of your post, well I read it surprisingly. I disagree with all of it, of course. It's just a bunch of bullshit, really. You act like you've convinced somebody to join your side, which you haven't, either. So enough of the hypocrisy and just be quiet.

LOL!
      You don't even debate you just bash the shit out of the opposition and call it quits.
      Seriously what is wrong with you?
      Are crabs biting your nuts or something?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

panicmayarise wrote:

Also, I wasn't trying to convince anyone to join atheism. There's a different and appropriate time for that.

My side!? Were on the same side, were both atheists. I just disapprove of your methods, since it closely resembles the methods of the ones you seem to hate.

Youre telling people how self centered christians are, yet, you seem self centered, and uninviting.

And your trying to show, him, how that gives the belief(s) you hold a bad appearance?

Venoom, he is correct, Religion(s) of all kinds harm mankind in the misrepresented forms, including atheism. Of which, some of the mis-guided atheists have been bring around a bad name to it, like you, by bashing others. I will give you this, and write it down some where.

If one so says, to the best of his knowledge and belief, that he is correct; He also, by doing so, is saying that all others are wrong.

If you ever, want to make baseless claims research first, for your belief, start with mass homicides.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

panicmayarise wrote:

If you're on my side, then be on my side. You're supposed to be backing me up and shit not going against me. You may be right to a point about me bashing others beliefs, but what you're doing rigtht now isn't helping the debate, either. You're just bitching and the topic has gone nowhere ever since you posted.

There's something hugely ironic about all of this. I wonder if you can tell what it is...

First off, as for me starting this thread... I am not an idiot and I can read, unlike the mindset of some of you, there are intelligent people in the world.... I simply started this thread, to know if anyone here is Christian, or aren't and why or why not, as well as if they aren't what they don't like about it... It IS different from the other ones, and excuse me, but I don't think you have any right to come in here yelling at me for making a thread, so back off...

PS I'll gladly take anyone's reps for this, because I am not going to get yelled at for asking questions... I bet I can guess the first person to minus rep me.
      Very Original Signature!