Religion

• Re: Religion

Religion is bullshit. Some drunken loser wrote a book, somehow you idiots have been believing it for like 2000 years. Very sad.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:50 PM ----------

Wow, I got negative rep? Wtf is wrong with you people. You know deep down i'm right, I always am. im omniscient, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT OMNISCIENT. I AM GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      [CENTER]I'm Anti-Gay, Anti-Nerd, Anti-American
      You guys are gonna love me :D[/CENTER]

Newfoundking wrote:

First off, as for me starting this thread... I am not an idiot and I can read, unlike the mindset of some of you, there are intelligent people in the world.... I simply started this thread, to know if anyone here is Christian, or aren't and why or why not, as well as if they aren't what they don't like about it... It IS different from the other ones, and excuse me, but I don't think you have any right to come in here yelling at me for making a thread, so back off...

PS I'll gladly take anyone's reps for this, because I am not going to get yelled at for asking questions... I bet I can guess the first person to minus rep me.

I'm not going to negative rep you, if that's what you think. The rep system is abused all of the time and I hate it. I never once repped anyone here yet. As for the first paragraph...it's obvious that most people here are Christian. If not, then they're either agnostics, atheists, or some other believer in God, besides Christian. Hell, I could've told you that from the beginning. If you really could read and have the intelligence that you claim to have, then you should've known that some people here were Christian. Fool.

Newfoundking wrote:

I realize that, but I see a bunch of people that aren't and simply I wanted to know why they weren't and if they could change Christianity, what would they change..

There are plenty of things that I could change about Christianity.

Why do christians believe in a God without proof of his existence? They think having faith in him is enough evidence to say he is real. Okay, so all I have to do is say, "I have faith in you that you are real. I believe in you." And then he shows up at my doorstep with a tinful of cookies and a t-shirt saying, "I believe in God!" Right? It's that simple, is it? Just have faith and there's all the evidence that you need, because he can magically exist. I wish our evidence was as easy to provide as yours.

Another thing that was always in the back of my mind is that if God is almighty and omnipotent, then why can't he dispose of the devil altogether? Immediately get rid of Satan. Is Satan more powerful than God and God is too weak? Or does God want to play this all as a game and not kill the devil and let us all decide our own fate? Because it's more fun that way? I guess it seems more logical that way according to christians. That's like toying with life, in general. That's not nice at all.

First of all, I want to reply to this, not to pick a fight, I have nothing against you, or what you said, I just want to answer some of the questions that you asked to my best ability

When you believe in God, he doesn't show up with a t-shirt, and a box of cookies. He acts in your life. Now I know that you can handle your own life, I have complete faith in that, but life would be so much easier with someone there to help you with it. Okay, so what if he doesn't exist. When I can't do something, and I pray, usually I can do it after. So let's say he doesn't exist, alright, well then praying just makes me able to do it. I don't know how He works, or even if He is real. I just have faith. I know I must sound, and look like an idiot saying believe in something you cannot see, but it is faith. My faith has gotten me through some of the toughest stuff in my life. I don't know how, I don't know if there is just a special part of my brain that will only work for me if I pull the faith card, I don't know, but I know it works for me.

Now as for the banishing of Satan, I am not 100% sure about this at all. Don't quote me on it, because I do not know this for sure. I am going to take this from the God exists point of view. We have free will, and God lets us live however we want. Every time we screw up and something goes wrong in our life, there is a reason for it. Some people call it Karma, but I call it fate. You screw up, and you will be punished eventually. From what I know, Satan is there to tempt, and make you prove your spirituality and faith. If you give in and leave God, then you will suffer eternal damnation, etc. The thing is, without Satan we would not have a free will, because there would be nothing to tempt us, nothing for us to be human too. Without God, then there is nothing to put us in our place, make us pay, and nothing there to protect us. God has given us free will, and lets us live as we wish, I guess as the ultimate test of our spirituality.

Side note:
      I could so make a sermon out of this if I had too! That is pretty cool!
      Very Original Signature!

Newfoundking wrote:

life would be so much easier with someone there to help you with it. Okay, so what if he doesn't exist. When I can't do something, and I pray, usually I can do it after. So let's say he doesn't exist, alright, well then praying just makes me able to do it. I don't know how He works, or even if He is real. I just have faith. I know I must sound, and look like an idiot saying believe in something you cannot see, but it is faith. My faith has gotten me through some of the toughest stuff in my life. I don't know how, I don't know if there is just a special part of my brain that will only work for me if I pull the faith card, I don't know, but I know it works for me.

Now as for the banishing of Satan, I am not 100% sure about this at all. Don't quote me on it, because I do not know this for sure. I am going to take this from the God exists point of view. We have free will, and God lets us live however we want. Every time we screw up and something goes wrong in our life, there is a reason for it. Some people call it Karma, but I call it fate. You screw up, and you will be punished eventually. From what I know, Satan is there to tempt, and make you prove your spirituality and faith. If you give in and leave God, then you will suffer eternal damnation, etc. The thing is, without Satan we would not have a free will, because there would be nothing to tempt us, nothing for us to be human too. Without God, then there is nothing to put us in our place, make us pay, and nothing there to protect us. God has given us free will, and lets us live as we wish, I guess as the ultimate test of our spirituality.

Why do you think we need God there to help us through rough times? Isn't your parents good enough? Do you not trust your parents that they will do a good job of helping you out? I just don't understand how you can say that faith is what makes God real and praying makes him function for you. It's just something you say and believe in. I can say I believe in this, but that's merely an opinion. It's a belief. Your belief is your opinion. Proof is factual stuff. Not beliefs or opinions. So if faith is your way of believing in something, then how does that count as evidence? Praying isn't any better...how does a person saying a bunch of words make God appear or function in any way? Does it matter how I say it?

"I want cookies. Make them appear on my plate for me, God. Please, I beg you for more cookies!"

Will he not come if I say that? Or do I have to say it differently and less demanding, such as...

"God, my mother is dieing of a terrible illness. Give her a miracle this day."

So much nonsense...

Now on to Satan's argument. There doesn't need to be a world devided, like you Christians believe it to be. Why does there have to be any evil, such as the devil? Why can't we have a better world without Satan? There would be no need for protection whatsoever. But apparently your God has to play life as his own little game and he gets to choose what happens to our fate. Or maybe he doesn't have to worry about who goes to heaven or hell, because he relies on his son Jesus to wash away everybody's sins. Therefore, no punishment is necessary cuz all is better now that Jesus came along. Unbelievable.

Venom, there are things that even the best scientists in the world cannot explain. Even then the best at their job fail at times. How many times has the things like 'Y2K' come and gone?

I'll look at it this way, just as J.R.R. Tolkien put it, an epic battle of choice, with these choices represented by 'good' and 'evil.'
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

nikitashot wrote:

^Wow, quoting J.R.R. Tolkein. That is epic.

But you're right, the best scientists in the world can't explain somethings, but they do a hell of a better job than what you do.

Yet, you're my critic, funny I've become soo popular to you so quickly :p

Yes, there are those who are admittedly much smarter than me, Einstein my favorite of them.
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

Venom, there are things that even the best scientists in the world cannot explain. Even then the best at their job fail at times. How many times has the things like 'Y2K' come and gone?

Scientists have made more progress in their research, than the Christians have ever done to prove God's existence. I trust their answers more than delusional people, like yourself. Scientists have more intelligence, than you or your people. Just curious though...what the hell kind of comparison are you trying to make here? I wasn't even on the subject of science at all.

The Guardian wrote:

Venom, there are things that even the best scientists in the world cannot explain.

This is not a defense against religion. In fact, this does not help religion at all. The whole point of science isn't coming up with answers, it's coming up with explanations for observations and testable observations.

If you don't know something, better to keep it as a mystery, than to make things up.

If you don't know something, better to be a man and say "I don't know," than to make stuff up.

The Guardian wrote:

Even then the best at their job fail at times.

Right, but you can't refute the fact that scientists are fallible are an argument against science or a defense for religion.

The Guardian wrote:

I'll look at it this way, just as J.R.R. Tolkien put it, an epic battle of choice, with these choices represented by 'good' and 'evil.'

Why would anyone want to cateogorize science as "good" or "evil?"

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

The Guardian wrote:

The problem occurs venom, when none of the scientists can say anything logically about God, or anything of that matter.

Um, don't you mean English majors?

Or better yet - Christians? Muslims? Or Judaists? What does God got to do with science?
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

You found the point, Neal, without the realization of it. The spiritual realm, soul, everything in this manner, including God; Not one scientist can open his mouth and say this ___ is fact, or this ____ is fact. Thus the reason for opinion, the unprovable or unanswerable, something that you Neal, and Venom have placed faith in your opinion.
      [/CENTER]