Matter of life and death.

• Matter of life and death.

We all know about the swine flu going around these days. And I think I have it.

We were dissecting fetal pigs in biology class and let's just say it wasn't exactly hygenic. Now, I feel hot (well, not really, I might be paranoid), cough, have a sore throat, and a runny nose. Symptons of this flu.

Granted, I may or may not (I don't remember) have a runny nose already. And maybe I already have a cough, I'm not too sure. But could I have the swine flu? How long does it take to get it and show the symptons?

I'm so fucking paranoid right now. What treatments are there? Am I overreacting?

Does it help if I say I'm living in Taiwan? Are there cases in Taiwan and Asia?

This is an emergency.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]
    • Re: Matter of life and death.

You're probably over reacting. However you should perhaps get some Tamiflu to be sure, and keep away from people just in case.

To my knowlege there isn't any cases in Taiwan yet.

jordan132;1506655 wrote:

when i joined guys privacy i figured there would be nothing here except a hole in the wall to peak into the girls privacy

I think your best chances are to go to a doctor and get yourself checked out first versus just sitting around and hoping that it passes while freaking out.
      Hopefully, you don't have it. I read a news article somewhere on CNN and I don't think they mentioned any cases in Taiwan but just to be on the safe side; doctor.

LOLFag wrote:

We all know about the swine flu going around these days. And I think I have it.

We were dissecting fetal pigs in biology class and let's just say it wasn't exactly hygenic. Now, I feel hot (well, not really, I might be paranoid), cough, have a sore throat, and a runny nose. Symptons of this flu.

Granted, I may or may not (I don't remember) have a runny nose already. And maybe I already have a cough, I'm not too sure. But could I have the swine flu? How long does it take to get it and show the symptons?

I'm so fucking paranoid right now. What treatments are there? Am I overreacting?

Does it help if I say I'm living in Taiwan? Are there cases in Taiwan and Asia?

This is an emergency.

You're probably just overreacting, from what I've understood of it it isn't passed on by pigs - it's passed on by one sick person to another and the microbes attach themselves to other ones (this could be the flu, a simple cold or even a chest infection and then you get the sickness)

Thanks, Leigh. I checked with my teacher who gave us the pigs imported from America, and she said I couldn't have swine flu because 1) the pig was bought 2 months ago, 2) it has been treated with formaldehyde and lots of other stuff, 3) swine flu is not transmitted from pig to human.

Thank god! I'm feeling better now! I guess it was the mentality of the situation that made my body feel so bad. Thanks everyone.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

_Frank_ wrote:

You're probably over reacting. However you should perhaps get some Tamiflu to be sure, and keep away from people just in case.

To my knowlege there isn't any cases in Taiwan yet.

nah, the only cases are in america, mexico, and a few european countries now. i guess the WHO declared it a level 4 pandemic, and now borders are tightly secured to check for infections. the closest infected city to me is NYC though, i'm a little freaked about that though, but i don't have any symptoms yet. unless fatigue is on the symptoms list. but oh well.
      We sing the Death Song kids
      Because we've got no future...
      And we want to be just like you...