Friend Advice

• Friend Advice

Hey All :)

Ok well to start off I'm a keen longboarder and have been riding boards since i was 11 (I'm 16 now).
      I have a female friend who lately has been starting to get interested into longboarding as well. The problem is she couldn't afford a board of her own she I let her borrow mine from time to time , after a while of web searching I found a really good deal for a new longboard I want (Bout $500 AUS)

I told this girl she could have my old longboard when I get my new one , and she could have it for free since she doesn't work and can't really pay me. After doing some research on the board I want to buy I soon realized my "new" board would not be able to "Downhill Race" with all my friends because of "Speed Wobble" issues. This problem does not occur with my "old" board since it is a board specifically built to race.

My second problem that has contributed to this is that for our 3 week college holidays I loaned my board to her for 1 of the weeks and after receiving the board back from her I realized she must have not taken a lot of care of it since it has started to grow rust on the trucks of the board , which means it was not properly cared for and leaver out in the rain/water for a period of time.

This lack of care and misuse of the board which is still mine and not hers has angered me and adding the wanting to have a collection of boards I do not feel comfortable with giving her the board anymore.

Would anyone here be able to give me some advice on how to tell her that I would like to keep my board?

Sorry for such a long post lol and thanks in advance :)
      Just My Two Cents. | Salem Da House Cat.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Re: Friend Advice

learn to say no it's your board so you can choose whether to lend it to her or keep it and use it yourself also don't say things that you can not do think about all the possible consequences before you act on them.
      :)Write your feelings down:)
      If adding me on MSN please PM me on Teenhut first please
    • Re: Friend Advice

my friend just go to her and tell her the truth because next she would laern to be careful when using other people staff. if she is a true friend she would say thanks because you opened her eyes to the mistake she done. she will appreciat that. and always remember my friend (True friend is who truthful and also kind)
      Mariam Ahmed