Women being allowed to join the frontline!

• Re: Women being allowed to join the frontline!

LOLFag wrote:

SEALS vs Rangers vs Berets vs Recon vs Delta Force vs DEVGRU?

Rangers, used to be the best in the business, being they we're they toughest and hardest to join group. On top of that, they were trained in Texas, until congress ruled the training to brutal and disbanded them. Later on the reinstated them under the name "Rangers."

The best man I know of, that worked for the US government was a man known as "Mike enchants"(I believe that is how you spell his name). He was not really a soldier just a merc.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

I don't think they should, like seriously, we may not like the bad guys, but letting a PMSing woman with an automatic weapon take out the other side, don't you think that is a bit unfair?

That was a joke
      Seriously, I think that they should get to go to the front line, like everyone else. Equality. It a guy has to do it, then someone else regardless of gender or anything, that has received the same training should get the same outcomes.. If you train as a soldier, expect front line work. Regardless of gender. Afterall, what happened to equality?
      Very Original Signature!

Wow...go away for a day or two and the discussion continues! :)

Good point about the sexual assault...tough to handle. Who's to say men aren't sexually assaulted as well? Not pleasant to think about but there it is. Torture is torture...no rules. As for front line troops not knowing anything that could hurt the mission...this is incorrect, especially nowadays. Most front line troops know the entire mission inside and out-they have to be able to lead when leaders fall. Troop movements, schedules, logistics, firebases...etc, etc...all of these could be "tortured out" of a front line combantant with serious consequences. So, every front line person has to resist torture.

Marines vs SEALs vs ~who else~? :)

I've trained and worked with SEALs many times and have nothing but respect for them....some tough, smart, capable...downright scary guys. I used to frequent a bar that was a SEAL hangout...when fights broke out, you just got out of the way. That being said, SEALs are a small contingent of the Navy...they aren't representative of the Navy as a whole. Marines on the other hand...well, we're all Marines! (don't forget to capitilize the "M").

You'll hear it said that the Marine Corps is a just a department of the Navy...my response is always "Yeah, the Men's department". As Keifer Sutherland said in "A Few Good Men", "we like you guys; everytime we go to fight, you guys give us a ride".

Lastly, I'm not sure that "proving" they can do it means they'll do it. You'd always be able to gather a few motivated tough women to "prove" they could do it. But they wouldn't be an indication of women overall anymore than the SEALs are an indication of the entire Navy.
      Perry - website - blog

PerryHurtt wrote:

Wow...go away for a day or two and the discussion continues! :)

Good point about the sexual assault...tough to handle. Who's to say men aren't sexually assaulted as well? Not pleasant to think about but there it is. Torture is torture...no rules. As for front line troops not knowing anything that could hurt the mission...this is incorrect, especially nowadays. Most front line troops know the entire mission inside and out-they have to be able to lead when leaders fall. Troop movements, schedules, logistics, firebases...etc, etc...all of these could be "tortured out" of a front line combantant with serious consequences. So, every front line person has to resist torture.

But wouldn't it be safe to assume that if one was captured, the time the the mission actually started and the time they start to torture said Marine or soldier, the mission would have been over by then? One thing though with women being sexually assaulted, it's much harsher to a women than to a man. At least I think it'd be unless a girl would say otherwise.

PerryHurtt wrote:

Marines vs SEALs vs ~who else~? :)

Spetnaz, Delta, and whatever else they have :p

PerryHurtt wrote:

I've trained and worked with SEALs many times and have nothing but respect for them....some tough, smart, capable...downright scary guys. I used to frequent a bar that was a SEAL hangout...when fights broke out, you just got out of the way. That being said, SEALs are a small contingent of the Navy...they aren't representative of the Navy as a whole. Marines on the other hand...well, we're all Marines! (don't forget to capitilize the "M").

How did you know it was a SEAL hangout?

PerryHurtt wrote:

You'll hear it said that the Marine Corps is a just a department of the Navy...my response is always "Yeah, the Men's department". As Keifer Sutherland said in "A Few Good Men", "we like you guys; everytime we go to fight, you guys give us a ride".

Lastly, I'm not sure that "proving" they can do it means they'll do it. You'd always be able to gather a few motivated tough women to "prove" they could do it. But they wouldn't be an indication of women overall anymore than the SEALs are an indication of the entire Navy.

I just lold, men's department. But that's the thing, why get tough women to do the job when they should get women in all different jobs to test and prove themselves capable. But, I think if women were allow to go up to the frontline, it should be their choose. You know what I mean?
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]

I see what you mean....capturing a member of an assault team may well mean that any info you get from that person would be to old to be useful by the time you get it out of him. I agree with that, but it would depend on the length of the mission. If it's a quick "snatch and grab" for example, then that would apply. If it's a several day mission to locate and remove numerous targets, then a captured person could indeed provide information that could endanger the mission. I think it would be situationally dependant.

I knew it was a SEAL hangout simply because I knew the owner (retired former SEAL), and I knew a few of the clientele personally. Because they're SEALs don't mean they're always "in cognito"...they can be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. Also, they used to drive those Ford F750 trucks around that had been modified for their use...HUGE trucks, pretty easy to pick them out of a crowd. :D
      Perry - website - blog

PerryHurtt wrote:

I see what you mean....capturing a member of an assault team may well mean that any info you get from that person would be to old to be useful by the time you get it out of him. I agree with that, but it would depend on the length of the mission. If it's a quick "snatch and grab" for example, then that would apply. If it's a several day mission to locate and remove numerous targets, then a captured person could indeed provide information that could endanger the mission. I think it would be situationally dependant.

But wouldn't it generally be much better in modern warfare to split those numerous targets out with two or more teams instead of just one. Having only one would make it a few days, but spreading it out into two would make it faster because then of course they'd be split up. Capturing one at a time, in a random order if the targets live in a single city or area, so as not to alert them of any specific mission to get them. And wouldn't seeing their fellow people panic them abit, so they'd beef up security and such.

Which I think is good because then you'd know where they would be right? You'll be hearing more people talking about a buildup of arms and such, and as Sun Tzu said, "He who tries to strengthen everywhere is weak everywhere." or something like that....Sorry if my mind can't grasp your meaning. But I've laid out what I was thinking, does it make sense?

PerryHurtt wrote:

I knew it was a SEAL hangout simply because I knew the owner (retired former SEAL), and I knew a few of the clientele personally. Because they're SEALs don't mean they're always "in cognito"...they can be pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. Also, they used to drive those Ford F750 trucks around that had been modified for their use...HUGE trucks, pretty easy to pick them out of a crowd. :D

pffft lol. I wish I could meet a SEAL. That'd be cool as hell!
      [CENTER]Future Rifleman of the Marine Corps!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Saepius Exertus ||| Semper Fidelis ||| Frater Infinitas
      [/CENTER]

I can give you a sure fire method of meeting a SEAL...just google "seal team" and find the SEAL team nearest you. Go to a local hangout...dark, dingy, maybe a pool table and a bunch of rough looking customers. Good chance of 4x4s or bikes parked outside. Once inside, just yell "SEALS SUCK", or "SEALS wear pink tutus at work"...or something like that. This is an almost guaranteed method to meet them. If it doesn't work, try another place...continue until you get results.

This method should work for Green Berets also...I haven't worked with them so I'm not sure but I suspect the results would be about the same.

:)
      Perry - website - blog

im not being sexist here..but the only reason women arent in the front lines is because they have a lot of "maintenance" issues..okay so imagine one day we plana massive offenive and one of top soldiers is like "oh! i cant make it! i have the 'cramps'!"...well there gos your offensive....not to mention that they will prego and IF they are caught they could be tortured in more ways tha a man can be..so basically its safe for both of us to not let them in frontlines..im sorry if i offend anybody :)..