Time to vent...

• Time to vent...

Lately so many things have been changing that I barely know who I am anymore. Ever since last christmas when my mother was in a coma through the holidays and nearly died I have been such a different person. Not only did I become more severely depressed but my entire outlook on life has changed. When I was feeling so low that I even tried to kill myself I became dependent on music to distract me from real life. Now, I am so in love with art and music (my venting outlets) that I really don't want to go into the medical field when I get older, but I want to be a musician or artist. The problem is that I'll make a much smaller amount of money and I just feel like it's a stupid choice to make. But anything else I think about or try just feels wrong to me.
      I also feel like I'm becoming a different person. My style is changing, my goals are changing, and then the worst change has to do with my "best friend". She's been my best friend for six years and I feel like I'm losing her. Everytime I leave after hanging out with her I constantly worry that I'll never see her again. She is so suicidal that it's affecting me as well and it does nothing to help me overcome my own depression. There are two very large problems with her right now. For one I partially blame her for why I started cutting myself a couple of years ago. One day she just shows up to school and shows me these little cuts on her arm, like they're some sort of trophy to her. That's what put the idea in my head that "hey, maybe the way to get rid of my stress is with a blade". Now I definitely mostly blame myself for what I do, but I never would have ahd the idea if it weren't for her showcasing what she does to herself. The second problem is that I take EVERYTHING to heart, especially with her. Anytime I hear about something that happened with her I am overwhelmed with sadness. I burst out crying when I was informed that she had to go to a mental hospital, and also when I heard she needed stitches for what she was doing. She tells me EVERYTHING in complete detail, since she has nobody, not even her parents to listen to her. So in other words I feel like I'm practically responsible for her and it's my fault when she does something bad to herself. Now, I know that's not true but I can't help but think it when I'm feeling particularily low.
      And another thing, I get so fucking pissed at myself for being this "depressed". I have NO REASON. I have so many good things in my life so I feel like the most selfish bitch in the world when I want to kill myself because I "can't take the stress". But then thinking this way makes me feel worse and want to hurt myself even more, which leads back to being pissed and the cycle never ends.
      There hasn't been one day in the last five months that I haven't thought about hurting myself.
      I haven't hurt myself in almost a month, so I'm doing well. But tonight I'm honestly the closest I've been in a while to pulling that razor back out.
      And now I'm getting pissed for thinking this way.
      ... It's never going to end. I can't stop feeling like this and I just feel so damn hopeless sometimes.
      It's kinda tough if you need to cry but you ran out of tears long ago...

Geeze is that a long entry. Don't bother reading it all, since most of it is just a whining teenager looking for a little pity.... And I've heard all of the advice I can get so... I don't know. I'm just going to end it off here.

cya later,
      Christie.
    • Re: Time to vent...

I dont believe in picking a career for money. Do something you love and that will get you out of bed every morning. I don't know about you, but I would rather live in a shack and do something I love everyday then live in a mansion and drag myself to a job I hate everyday. Follow your heart, not your wallet.

Of course your changing. Changing is a part of growing up. Dont be afraid of change. My goals and beliefs are completely different from what they were 2 years ago. Thats because im maturing, its normal. Nothing wrong with changing your style either. Style is something that you can keep changing with little to no consequences.

About your friend. The only thing you can really do for her is be there for her. She is in pain obviously. Maybe she is showing off her cuts as a cry for help. Sit down and talk to her.

Depression is all in your head. You have complete control over what goes on in your head. Dont allow yourself to be depressed. I know thats alot easier said than done but you have to keep working at it. Keep playing music and letting out your emotions that way.

You will get over this stage in your life. You just have to keep going. You will be a stronger person when this is all over. In the mean time we are all here for you!

We are on earth to have a good time. If you let yourself get caught up in all the little stresses of life you will drive yourself insane. Dont worry, be happy! Im here if you ever need to talk.

Sorry if that didnt help too much.

Goodluck!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There's nothing wrong with doing what
      you think feels right. Going into music/art
      industry, so what if it doesn't pay well?
      Well... maybe you should take a well paying
      job first, and then go into the music/art
      industry. Just so you know you are well off
      in life that you can do what you want.

Change. Ch-ain-ge ._. Strange word, huh?
      Some people live it, some people fear it.
      Change can be good, change can be bad.
      I agree with Daniel, that change is apart of
      growing up.

If you are scared about your bestfriend with
      leaving her and the possibility of not talking
      to her again, why don't you talk to her? You
      both seem to be going through the same thing
      in different ways.

It's not your fault. You even know it's not your
      fault. Shit happens and you just have to cope
      with it. Your bestfriend coped with it differently
      that she should've, its not your fault. But, as you're
      listening as she tells you these events, why don't
      you try and stop her? Or really get into her head
      that you don't like what she's doing and how much
      she means to you?

Cutting does become a bad habbit and is
      hard to break. You did very well with not
      harming yourself in a month. Try your best
      to break the habbit.

And when you feel hopeless... put on your
      ipod and just blast a song. Escape from
      reality for a bit. There's always hope. Even
      when you don't feel like there is.

"If you're going through hell, keep on going
      don't slow down, if you're scared don't show
      it, you might get out before the devil even
      knows you're there"
      - 'If you're going through hell ' by Rodney Atkins

<3
      [LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT][CENTER][SIZE=1]"One good thing about music is [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1] when it hits you, you feel no pain."[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]-- Bob Marley [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]

I just wanna say, everybody hits depression in an own way, its a glance of a life's experience that makes u hit rock bottom.
      Also Everybody confrots it in a different way.
      Its Normal that such a confrontacion with life is gonna make a sudden change in almost everything your life is, happens to almost every person.
      Venting out those feelings, those things that bother u, that depress u, that make u hit rock bottom its the best you could do, cause afteu get it off ur system, u just need a push to get back on your feet, music, u fidn that push in music, but dont misunderstand it, cause sometiems a push can jsut become a façade, and blind u from the things going on. dont let that happen
      Hold on to what u hope the most
      to what bring u back in life, cause if u loose that, u loose ur soul, ur hope, and trust me, a human without a hope or soul, is something u dont ever want to become, cause after that, u have no return, u become just a shadow, wandering in life.
      Thats all my point of view, i dont know if any of this will make u feel better, or make u hold on to something, ibut i seriously hope that u dont loose ur soul.

Chick_with_brains wrote:

Don't bother reading it all, since most of it is just a whining teenager looking for a little pity

dont say this, dont ever say this, this is the first expression of a girl who is beaten to the ground, and lost the strength to get back up
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][RIGHT]everyone laughs at me like if i give a fuck what they think...
      [/SIZE][/RIGHT][/FONT]

hey im sorry to hear thats happening to you. at least your dealing with it:) any way if anyone needs any uum.. strength boost or just wants to listen to music here are some amazing songs that i truly love:the last night by skillet:and; new divide by linkin park:(absolute favorite song!! brand new!! also transformers 2 theme song)hope they help

The post was edited 1 time, last by venomousjoker ().