Difference between dating and FWB?

• Difference between dating and FWB?

He says we are just dating right now.... which he says means I can go and date and do whatever with other guys and he can do the same with other girls. But then we can go on dates and hook up.

But to me, that kinda sounds like friends with benefits....

Is there a difference between dating and friends with benefits or is he getting it completely wrong? Or am I getting it wrong?
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]~~Just when you think you've found a friend[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you stupid[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Just when you think that life is dull[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you pathetic~~[/SIZE][/LEFT]
    • Re: Difference between dating and FWB?

FWB is more like a booty call. Your not dating, your just friends and do stuff randomly.

Dating is a state in which you are going out with a girl or guy, and you go on dates, be together, and so on. You don’t date others when your dating someone as that is considered cheating.

Hope it helps,
      ~ Cat

Cat wrote:

FWB is more like a booty call. Your not dating, your just friends and do stuff randomly.

Dating is a state in which you are going out with a girl or guy, and you go on dates, be together, and so on. You don’t date others when your dating someone as that is considered cheating.

Hope it helps,
      ~ Cat

Agreed.

Honestly I have no idea what you two are "supposed to be" doing.

The real question though is do you want to be exclusive with him?

Well, I want to be in a real relationship with him. But he doesnt know what he wants right now. He hasnt been in a committed relationship for a while.

And how do I bring this up to him? We've already talked a few times about our 'dating' situation and whatnot. I dont want to bring it up yet again and make it sound like im nagging him about it.
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]~~Just when you think you've found a friend[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you stupid[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Just when you think that life is dull[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]That's when they call you pathetic~~[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Well, I want to be in a real relationship with him. But he doesnt know what he wants right now. He hasnt been in a committed relationship for a while.

And how do I bring this up to him? We've already talked a few times about our 'dating' situation and whatnot. I dont want to bring it up yet again and make it sound like im nagging him about it.

Tough Situation mate,

You really do need to sit down and discuss it, or maybe he’s not the right guy for you. If you’re looking for a relationship and he’s not, maybe you’re better off being friends.

I dont know, it’s really up to you.

~ Cat

Cat wrote:

Hope it helps,
      ~ Cat

Actually you can date other when you are dating another person. I would hate to stay with just one person my whole life.

Actually you can date other when you are dating another person. I would hate to stay with just one person my whole life.

That would be considered cheating and not being honest and totally destroys the fundamentals of a true relationship Kyle. Of course you’re like that now, but in time you will find just one person you will want to spend the rest of your life with,

~ Cat

Cat wrote:

Tough Situation mate,

You really do need to sit down and discuss it, or maybe he’s not the right guy for you. If you’re looking for a relationship and he’s not, maybe you’re better off being friends.

I dont know, it’s really up to you.

~ Cat

I agree here.

It just very well may be that this guy isn't the right one for you, as hard as that may be for you to believe right now while you're caught in the middle of this "crush" or whatever.

Either way you need to talk to him about how your relationship status is bothering you. Obviously this set up isn't having a positive/healthy effect on you. Honesty is the best thing for this situation because you know what he wants and since he doesn't it may be time to move on, unfortunately.

Cat wrote:

That would be considered cheating and not being honest and totally destroys the fundamentals of a true relationship Kyle. Of course you’re like that now, but in time you will find just one person you will want to spend the rest of your life with,

~ Cat

Well if you have permission from both sides to date other people too, I don't see what the problem would be. I would let my other half date somebody else as long as I trusted both of them.

Heartsngames wrote:

imho most guys never know what they want you need to help him with that