How Do I Know He Loves Me?

• How Do I Know He Loves Me?

So first let me briefly explain my current situation...
      Back in my first year of high school I met someone who was...different. At the time I thought it was just another small crush. However near the end of the year he told me that he well liked me. We never said we were dating for the few weeks but everyone knew. I've only had two boyfriends before, one who I thought was my first love, and the second one who was my first and who I shared my first kiss with. Now his name was Jake, we slowly became closer and closer and shared our first awkward kiss with each other. I never felt happier then I was with him. I could honestly be myself with him. After 5 months of being together let's say we explored each other's bodies, but we never had sex. It was at this time we shared "I love you" with each other. And I was completely aware of what I was saying. I did love him, I loved all these things that made him him, I believe now that I look back that he was my first love and when I look at my ex before him I realize I didn't love him, just the idea of my ex. We continued to date for another 5 months and then things went a bit shaky. He started becoming distance and I didn't know why. Then one night it happened. The horrible break up.

I spent days laying around crying. At the time it was my worse moments in life. Not only did I feel like crap around him, family problems got worse, I felt like all of my friends hated me, and some would say how pathetic I was for still loving him. I felt alone in the world, and it drove me to extreme measures. However it slowly passed as jake and I would see each other every so often. Then summer came and we started to hang out more again. We had awkward moments, but then one day we both did something I don't think either of us saw coming. We had sex. It was strange for a bit but we got even closer soon and started having sex, a lot. In fact we have been extremely close friends since then. We hung out once every week. Our 3rd school year started off with great moments together. I was confused but didn't care, I just wanted to be with him. I understood he didn't love me and had no feelings for me. Just to have that special person who makes you feel so amazing and incredible all the time be around you is one of the best things in the world.

Now this is were the problems started. Besides me having feelings for jake, my two close friends also shared feelings for him. He knew of their feelings. Then one night we were building legos ( yes I know, 17 and building legos? Well say hello to two very nerdy people. :) ) Anyway, He started off by asking me. "What would you do if I started dating?" I broke out in tears. I went into another room for a bit to think things out.

- I loved him
      - We were still having sex and kissing, even that day we did that
      - When he smiles at me and calls me babeh
      - NONE of my friends know about us having sex, or that we even did anything like that with each other, not even my best girlfriend

So much more was going through my head. But at one point I went back up stairs. I sat there for a bit crying as he continued to build something. Then he said, "I happy you came back."
      It was silence and he started up again. He said he was sorry for everything. He felt bad for having sex with me because he said he felt like he was using me. He continued by saying that he Loves me. And just the way he said it I knew he sincerely meant it. But I couldn't say anything back. I was so struck by the fact that he still loved me. He followed on by saying that he doesn't want me out of his life and that is the reason why he offered me to live with him if my family had to move to Texas for my dad's work.
      This was a big moment for us. I thought we finally completely opened up with each other. We talked the rest of the night.

I know this is long so I will say a few other things he has said to me, such as I told him I was scared of things not lasting, he told me that we would last. I said forever? and laughed out of nerves. He said longer then forever. However right before we said that I found out the real reason why he left me, he said he didn't want us together then, and that he was scared of being with me forever, like in a marriage. WHich I understand because we are so young.

However I found a note recently saying that he had with my one close friend. He told her that he had been trying to get close to people but can't because of me. I'm not sure how he feels about me anymore. He always still calls me babeh, we still have sex, he still holds me tight, he still love to poke fun at me and does this thing where I want to hug him so bad, and he knows it makes me feel that way but does it anyway.

I'm trying my best to be strong, but sometimes it hurts to think about this all at night. I feel like sometimes I am holding him back from true happiness, and I just want him to be happy. He trys so hard to make everyone else happy but never does much for himself. I'm scared to death of losing him as a friend but I think one day I will have to let him go, because I feel like he'd be much happier. I'd give anything to make him happy. And I sometimes wonder, if I'm alone in all this. I can't talk to anyone else but in about all this because none of them know about us having sex, and well he doesn't think we should tell anyone about it. Advice anyone? :confused:
    • Re: How Do I Know He Loves Me?

I'm a little bit confused about what's going on in your relationship, but I don't think you mentioned anything about talking to him. By talking to him, I mean sitting him down and evaluating where the relationship is and where you want it to go and what you want to do with it. You're at this 'friends with benefits' stage but it seems like you two kind of want to bring down the 'friend' wall.

So, at least talk to him first. If you need more help though I'm always here to talk to :) I'd probably be able to give a better answer if this was broken down a bit more :X
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

It sounds to me like he's using you for sex and talking out his ass. Let's be serious, this is high school and your odds of making it as a couple beyond that is very low.

But, I could be wrong. I don't know this guy.

Take Kurenai's advice and sit this guy down. Clarify what you are to him.
      Are you a booty call? Are you two willing to date exclusively? What do you want from him? What does he want from you? Completely honestly, do you see your life being better with him in it? Does he with you? etc.

Trust me, regardless of the outcome, you'll be better for it.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Confused!!
      He told you he loves you? [when you were building legos] which it totally kool btw :]
      So... errr ? Im lost. How did it get from 'i love you, i was just scared of the commitment'
      to, 'i dnt know if he loves me' 'i dnt know what to do'
      Talk to him!!! You said he still loves you, talk to him. I cnt stress that enough.
      Thats all you can do, why be friends if you both love eachother?
      Your still young yea but remember, a few teenage couples last forever :]
      Dnt be scared to tell him how you feel..
      Both really open up again, like you did. Ask him where you stand..?

- Ebonii :] x

Sorry that this may seem so confusing.
      I'm not the best with typing and explaining things.
      But thank you all for the advice.
      The reason I don't know if he loves me is because it seems like he keeps changing his mind about stuff and I know he is confused about where he stands and what he should do.
      Thank you all again and sorry for the confusing.
      I'll take the advce with talking to him. Hopefully I can get this mess straighten out.
      Thank you all once again.

It is a bit confusing. But i agree with the first post. You really do need to talk to him. Just set a night aside and tell him you think you should talk. I mean you really have to see where you stand. Ask him about the note. And your friends? They know you were hurt by breaking up. If they can't stand by you at a time like this and support you, let alone want to get with this guy. They really should have seen forepast the idea of a relatioship with him and been there for you. You've had to go through a lot because it sounds like this guy is stringing you along, he's not sure whether he wants a relationship or not because maybe he is scared of committment but he stayed with you for what ten months? thats a long time realistically. But back to the point. Talk to him, open up and don't be afraid to tell him what you're feeling because if you don't tell him exactly how you feel, he won't understand. Good luck.

breastnut--x wrote:

It is a bit confusing. But i agree with the first post. You really do need to talk to him. Just set a night aside and tell him you think you should talk. I mean you really have to see where you stand. Ask him about the note. And your friends? They know you were hurt by breaking up. If they can't stand by you at a time like this and support you, let alone want to get with this guy. They really should have seen forepast the idea of a relatioship with him and been there for you. You've had to go through a lot because it sounds like this guy is stringing you along, he's not sure whether he wants a relationship or not because maybe he is scared of committment but he stayed with you for what ten months? thats a long time realistically. But back to the point. Talk to him, open up and don't be afraid to tell him what you're feeling because if you don't tell him exactly how you feel, he won't understand. Good luck.

Thank you, everyone has been helping a lot here. And yes we had been dating for a little over ten months, and have been I guess you could call it friends with benefits for over a year after our break up, and our still continuing with the FWB now. I'll definitely set aside one night next time I go over to his house. I just hope I don't choke, I'm not the best with starting up serious conversions.