I'm new and having issues with my mom's alcoholism (triggering)

• I'm new and having issues with my mom's alcoholism (triggering)

I used to be on another website called TeenHelp.org but they treated me very badly. They didnt even care when I thought about committing suicide and I felt all alone.
      My mother drinks a lot and says that I'm worthless, that I'm nothing, and that I'll never amount to anything. I play the piano, I write, I want to travel all over the world, and go to the University of Manchester in England. My grandparents were born in England and I'm just so tired of being here. I'm ashamed to call myself an American. (Yes, that's how bad it gets around my house. I've seen enough of America to know that I do NOT want to stay here anymore). I have more friends in Ireland than I do in the whole of the state I live in.
      We are having money problems, we have to move, my mother has nobody else to talk to so I feel obligated to stay here and help her....my father is a drug addict and I'm not sure how to handle it. I just want to leave and to never come back here again. Every time I say I want to move to England, I have people from the UK saying, "Ew an American, a yankee, dont come here, we dont want you here" I'm dead serious. So now I feel like I'm unwanted EVERYWHERE. The things my mom says to me.....I've been hearing that since I was 8 years old. She said I was an accident waiting to happen. Imagine hearing that at 8 years old and not being able to do anything about it. She used to drive me to school piss drunk. I just want to stick my head in an oven and turn the gas on....I really need help right now.
      I think my mom wanted me to fail at life just so she can say that she wasn't the only one....
    • Re: I'm new and having issues with my mom's alcoholism (triggering)

I won't say sorry because I know you don't need pity. Because if I was you then I wouldn't want people assuming that I need pity to get through another day.

Not everyone in the world will care about you. It's a hard thing to accept but you might as well accept it. Because in the end, you will get your hopes up. I seriously know what it feels like when people don't care whether you commit suicide or not. I had a bunch of people egging me on. They would tell me ways to do it and everything. I got to the point where I tried to commit suicide just to show those people that others do take what they say to heart.

I would lie to please people all the time. When they told me to do something then I did it right then and there. I was being pushed around and was used by so many people. In the years, I got sick of it. I got sick of hearing people tell me I was worthless and that nothing good was to come from me. I told people to fuck off and that I didn't care what they had to say. I'm to the point where if you tell me to do something then I will do the complete opposite.

It sounds like your mom is lashing out. She knows that she is fucking up her life with alcohol so she bashes you for trying. You want to do something with your life and that makes her mad because she can't. She relies on the alcohol to get her through the day. If you have those dreams to go somewhere then don't let people bring you down. Fuck them. They know you want something and they know you won't stop.

I care about people. I care about you and don't even know you. I would stop you from commiting suicide because I know there is better things to come. Things get worse before they get better. I really know what it's like to be at the end of your rope. To know that you disappoint people. To know that you have lost all faith and at the end of the day you know people wouldn't care whether you live or not. But you got to keep keeping on. You have something to live for whether you believe it or not.

I appreciate some of what you said in your message although most of it was not very nice and uncalled for. I know that people wouldnt care if I was living or not, I dont need to hear it from random people. It wont make me feel any better.
      But thanks for your help, if thats what you were really trying to give me...but it doesnt make me feel any different knowing I still have to live with my mother for another year.

TheWiseIdiot wrote:

I appreciate some of what you said in your message although most of it was not very nice and uncalled for. I know that people wouldnt care if I was living or not, I dont need to hear it from random people. It wont make me feel any better.
      But thanks for your help, if thats what you were really trying to give me...but it doesnt make me feel any different knowing I still have to live with my mother for another year.

So what do you want? Do you want me to get on my knees and suck up to you? I'm a very shallow person and I will tell you the truth. You might not like it but that's your problem. Learn to understand that people won't tell you want you want to hear.

Why would u want to move to england anyways. if they call you a yankee, call them a bitch and remind them 1776 bitch what were u niggas doin when we bombarded yalls niggas outta here? What now? yeah thats right stfu. And if they bring up the war of 1812 just remind them tony blair has bush's skeet in his nose.

Now, to your problem's. I think your main problem is your mother. Your best bet is to get some help for her. You cant help her alone.

put yourself up for adoption. call the cops on your parents. your dad is a drug addict and your mom is an alcoholic, and because of that you are considering suicide. It'll do your parents well to get some professional help and in the meantime you can have a safe life with a family/group/whatever that care for you.

Criminal Mastermind wrote:

Why would u want to move to england anyways. if they call you a yankee, call them a bitch and remind them 1776 bitch what were u niggas doin when we bombarded yalls niggas outta here? What now? yeah thats right stfu. And if they bring up the war of 1812 just remind them tony blair has bush's skeet in his nose.

Now, to your problem's. I think your main problem is your mother. Your best bet is to get some help for her. You cant help her alone.

tony aint prime minister no more G.

honestly. I've read many cases like this, but to hear a victim of it is, I don't know, it's ... unreal. I wish I could give you advice, but the only thing I really have to tell you is this: DO the best you can with what you got. Show your mom that, even if you were an accident waiting to happen, you're teh best damned accident that ever happened to her. You can't blame yourself for your mom's alchoholism. She chose to drink, because she couldn't handle reality, and the sooner she comes face to face with her own life, the sooner yours will improve.

I wish I could say I understand your pain, but pity isn't going to help your life.

Toughen up. Use your mom as an example. Use her, and ask yourself "is this what I want to be when I finally make it on my own?"

just because your mom can't handle her life, doesn't mean you have to handle it for her. Work towards success, fuck what your mom or anyone else says, If you want to go to college, go to college! The only thing stopping you is you.

It's been ten years, just because your mom refused to change her ways doesn't mean you have to stay around and suffer with her.

I don't want to advise you to do anything Rash, just try your damnedest, and do what you want with your life.

I honestly hate syaing this, but fuck that bitch. once she openned up her legs, laid down with your father, and took place in your creation, she should have realized athat it was time to grow up, and take responsibility for her actions.
      I love you, now can we have sex?

telling me to tough up is a lot more difficult than it is.....I mean, this is my MOM, this isn't just some random person on the street or otherwise I'd be able to handle it but I cannot handle this. I'm not saying I'm gonna go out and kill myself, however, that is what I used to think that the answer was, but I realized its not.

And SuperXEmoNinja, just a little advice that I'm giving to you. When someone says they wanna committ suicide, telling them to tough up and to grow up isn't going to help them very much. What if you told them to grow the fuck up and act their own age and then they went out and killed themself because a "good friend" didnt help them? The truth isn't what they need to hear right away, what I do is I tell them what they WANT to hear just so that they KNOW they have a good friend and THEN I tell them what they NEED to hear so they wont act that way again. But telling them to tough up without any real advice isn't gonna make them feel any better. So instead of saying that you've never been in my situation before, (with my mother, I mean), and then telling me to tough up, if you've never been in my situation, what the hell makes you think that you have the right to give me advice which wasn't very helpful to begin with? You coulda said, "Try talking to your mom, finish your book to prove to her that you ARE somebody, you can do it, I know you can" THATS what a TRUE friend would say so I wonder how many friends you ACTUALLY have because I bet you any money that I could guess a random number and be right.

I'm not asking for pity, all I'm asking for is a little consideration and a little advice as to how I can make it better for the next year while I'm living with her. How can I avoid her? How can I get her to stop crying about the bills? I hate to see her cry the way she does but ignoring her would only make me feel even worse. I try to make her feel better and when she doesnt, it only makes me feel like I'm useless to her, like I cant really be there for her.
      Pity is the last thing I need, I dont want a pity party or for people to mourn over my problems or to get on their knees and cry with me. All I need is a friend and some HELPFUL advice that I can actually use instead of "tough up". I would save up and move out but I'm saving up to go to England next summer for college. I have to pay for my own plane ticket and passport. Plane tickets for Europe range in betwee $1,000-$2,000. If I pay for rent/utilities, insurance, etc. I wouldnt have enough to go. And the whole reason for my trip of going is to get away from her. So I dont know if I should move out and ruin my chance of going on this trip or if I should stay with her and be miserable.
      Any suggestions?

bladedg wrote:

honestly. I've read many cases like this, but to hear a victim of it is, I don't know, it's ... unreal. I wish I could give you advice, but the only thing I really have to tell you is this: DO the best you can with what you got. Show your mom that, even if you were an accident waiting to happen, you're teh best damned accident that ever happened to her. You can't blame yourself for your mom's alchoholism. She chose to drink, because she couldn't handle reality, and the sooner she comes face to face with her own life, the sooner yours will improve.

I wish I could say I understand your pain, but pity isn't going to help your life.

Toughen up. Use your mom as an example. Use her, and ask yourself "is this what I want to be when I finally make it on my own?"

just because your mom can't handle her life, doesn't mean you have to handle it for her. Work towards success, fuck what your mom or anyone else says, If you want to go to college, go to college! The only thing stopping you is you.

It's been ten years, just because your mom refused to change her ways doesn't mean you have to stay around and suffer with her.

I don't want to advise you to do anything Rash, just try your damnedest, and do what you want with your life.

I honestly hate syaing this, but fuck that bitch. once she openned up her legs, laid down with your father, and took place in your creation, she should have realized athat it was time to grow up, and take responsibility for her actions.

I appreciate your advice. And you're absolutely right. She should take responsibility for her actions. I once heard a quote from one of my favorite movies, it goes, "Thats what kids and babies are like mother! What did you think? That we were gonna exchange thoughts on politics and music??" My mother never thought about the consequences of having a child so young, but she did it anyway. I may be an accident but I sure as hell dont need to hear it. You are absolutely right though, if I was an accident, then I'll be the best accident she'll ever see. A line from my manuscript is, "I used to pray, wish, and hope for a better life but I realized that praying and wishing and hoping would never get me anywhere. I have to go out and get a better life myself, even if it means that I have to risk my own life for it. My mother still prays and wishes and hopes for a better life. She'll always be wishing for a better life. What she doesn't know is that I'll be living the life that she will always want and she will put me down for it, trying to make me give it up. Well it's not going to happen." And that's the line that's always kept my spirits up. I do have to toughen up, I know that. People say I'm too tough for this house. People have called me a hero for living through this hellhole my parents put me through. I just want to find a way to make it all better again with my family and I'm just afraid it'll never happen. We used to be so happy and I wish we could be happier again. Just to make it a little easier with the year I have to live here.

they shouldn't call you a hero for lining through taht hell hole, you had nowhere else to go, and even if you did, your mom wouldn't have let you(that's how parents are, no matter what they say, and how they treat you). You should be called a hero becuase you put your dreams on hold to stay with your mother past the time you could leave her, you saw through all the hatred and negativity, and you stayed with her this long. The chances are that unless your mother realizes that her problems drove away her own flesh and blood, she'll try to get help, adn once she's clean, she'll do everything she can to make it right.

I wish I could say I pity you, but you're going on nineteen. You're now legally an adult, and you were mentally an adult 10 years ago, when you sat through all of this. You're all done growing, and your mom has a long way to go, and she's not going to grow anymore if you're there holding her hand the entire way.

"I wish I could say I pity you, but you're going on nineteen. You're now legally an adult, and you were mentally an adult 10 years ago, when you sat through all of this."

I'm not sure what age you're legally an adult. I always thought it was 18, but then agian, what do I know, I'm 15.

Wise beyond my years, aren't I?

You know i grew up on the corner sippin' 8 ball (Olde english 800 malt liquor for some of you who dont know) with poccets filled with rocc's. I had to sell cracc rocc's to support myself. Like you, my uncle was an alchoholic. He was broke too, i had to sell rocc's to make money for myself. He eventually got busted and his kids got taken away. thats when he realised what was important, it was his kids not his drink's. You need to give your mother a choice, to stay being an alchoholic and lose her daughter or to stop and keep her daughter. If she chooses alchohol over you, then sheese not a good mother and you dont need her holding you down.

My mother tried to be a good person and take in other family members who also lost their home. They were with us for about 4 months. It was my sister, my parents, my four cousins, my aunt, my uncle and I. Ten people in a ranch style house. Not a lot of room but there was always chaos going on. My mother used to hide in her closet to get away from it all because the noise made he go crazy and thats when she started drinking. I understand that we needed to help out our family and we couldnt turn our backs on them. I dont want to blame them but they could have had a little consideration. It's difficult for me NOT to blame them because it feels like I have nobody else to blame. I dont understand the concept of the fact that there might not be anybody to blame. What I hate the most is that my mother tried to do a nice thing and we ALL got f-cked over in the end. Thats what happens to nice people. They get nothing but dirt. (At least thats the only experience I've ever had from being nice). My mother has chosen alcohol over me, many times in fact. She'll get my hopes up. She'll say, "I promise I will quit drinking when we move" and I didnt get my hopes up, I almost did but I didnt. She'll drink behind my back thinking I cant see her when I can. I'll see her in the kitchen up her in cupboard getting her bottle down and pouring her a glass and she doesn't even know that I'm standing there. So to make her think that I didnt see her, I dont move or say a word until she's done and walk into the kitchen. I know more than she thinks. She threatened to committ suicide, she said that the only reason why she wasn't was because I would be the one who would most likely find her body and she said that I didnt deserve that. Thats the ONLY reason why she wasn't killing herself is so I wouldnt have to experience seeing her dead body. Now, she has NOBODY else to talk to, nobody except for me. I know that while I stay with her, she wont do it. But I'm scared that if I left, she might try. My friend said that I should go out and do whats best for me. I shouldnt have to take care of my own mother. It will only enable her to have full power over my future because she practically brainwashed me into thinking that I HAD to be with her when I didnt. She made me feel bad about wanting to move out and go to college. I'm afraid that when the moment comes down to it, I wont go because I'll be too scared to leave her alone and with nobody to talk to. I've waited long enough for college, I've waited too long to get out of here. THIS year was supposed to be my senior year but I got held back in my junior year because my mother insisted that I took home-schooling but I had no help by my side 24/7 like you're supposed to have. My parents were never home to help me, my sister didnt know jack squat about school work, so what else was I supposed to do? My mother enrolled me without telling me about it until the first day of school when she said, "Go back to sleep, you dont have to go to school anymore" I think she did that on purpose just so I'd have another extra year to spend with her. I was also held back in 1st grade because I had learning disabilities and I had no idea what 2nd graders were learning about so not only was I one year behind everyone but TWO years behind. I've waited long enough to go to college and I'm itching to get the f-ck out of this place. I need to make myself a better person and heal my heart from my mother's wounds. The longer I stay here, the more advantages I'm giving her and the longer I stay here, the more I'll be wounded and the less I'll be happier. She needs to take care of herself and I'm hoping to teach her that before I leave. A friend said that SHE'S the mother, not me. She needs to learn how to take care of herself and that I shouldnt have to do it for her. But she's my mother. If she cant take care of herself emotionally, then how else is she going to be able to deal with things?

Boy, I'm in more of a pickle than I thought I was.

TheWiseIdiot wrote:

And SuperXEmoNinja, just a little advice that I'm giving to you. When someone says they wanna committ suicide, telling them to tough up and to grow up isn't going to help them very much. What if you told them to grow the fuck up and act their own age and then they went out and killed themself because a "good friend" didnt help them? The truth isn't what they need to hear right away, what I do is I tell them what they WANT to hear just so that they KNOW they have a good friend and THEN I tell them what they NEED to hear so they wont act that way again. But telling them to tough up without any real advice isn't gonna make them feel any better. So instead of saying that you've never been in my situation before, (with my mother, I mean), and then telling me to tough up, if you've never been in my situation, what the hell makes you think that you have the right to give me advice which wasn't very helpful to begin with? You coulda said, "Try talking to your mom, finish your book to prove to her that you ARE somebody, you can do it, I know you can" THATS what a TRUE friend would say so I wonder how many friends you ACTUALLY have because I bet you any money that I could guess a random number and be right.

I didn't fucking tell you to tough it up and accept that you're feelinng suicidal. So, don't put fucking words in my mouth, okay. That's my real fucking advice. I've been suicidal for months and you know I don't need pity. Maybe you do, maybe the whole world does. But I'm not one of those kids that do. Deal with it.

Oh, you think you're the only person that doesn't live up to their parents standards. Well, you are completely wrong. I was never good enough for my dad. And even when I tried to be it never fucking worked. He lied about loving me and caring for fourteen years and then he tells me that he does love me. And it fucking confuses me. I haven't seen my father in going on seven motherfucking years. He has disowned me for my piercings and for me being bisexual.

Then you have some motherfucking nerve to go back and tell on me because what I have to say isn't something you want to hear. You're not the only fucking person in the world that has problems, so stop thinking you are. Instead do something about it, stop coming on here asking for help and deal with it. Yes, I should have told you to do that. But then again, it would be your words because that's what you want to hear. Tough shit, you need to understand that the world doesn't live up to what you want to hear.

SuperXEmoNinja wrote:

I didn't fucking tell you to tough it up and accept that you're feelinng suicidal. So, don't put fucking words in my mouth, okay. That's my real fucking advice. I've been suicidal for months and you know I don't need pity. Maybe you do, maybe the whole world does. But I'm not one of those kids that do. Deal with it.

Oh, you think you're the only person that doesn't live up to their parents standards. Well, you are completely wrong. I was never good enough for my dad. And even when I tried to be it never fucking worked. He lied about loving me and caring for fourteen years and then he tells me that he does love me. And it fucking confuses me. I haven't seen my father in going on seven motherfucking years. He has disowned me for my piercings and for me being bisexual.

Then you have some motherfucking nerve to go back and tell on me because what I have to say isn't something you want to hear. You're not the only fucking person in the world that has problems, so stop thinking you are. Instead do something about it, stop coming on here asking for help and deal with it. Yes, I should have told you to do that. But then again, it would be your words because that's what you want to hear. Tough shit, you need to understand that the world doesn't live up to what you want to hear.

THE WISE IDIOT JUST GOT OWNT!!!!!!!!
      By Fay :D
      LMAO
      [CENTER]If I should die, I wish to sing you a song.
      Break down and let you know, who i was all along.
      Thanks to everyone for puttin up for me, I made my share of mistakes in this like that I lead.
      [/CENTER]