Abortion.

• Re: Abortion.

I don't believe a woman should get an abortion unless it will severely damage/kill her to do so or she has been raped and won't be able to handle having her rapist child. I believe this simply because I believe that the child it will become deserves a life or at least a chance at life.

It is one of my dreams to create programs that help girls who don't have financial support during their pregnancy or abortion. It will help set up families who want a child with a girl who doesn't want or can't keep the child she is having. And if they would like to keep the child, but still need assistance we will help them until they are stable or for a period of time specific to each girl. I'd like to go a step further and create shelters with my program where a girl might stay if her family wants nothing to do with her because of her decision.

Basically, I'd just like to create a family enviornment for these girls. Girls who have financial support, but no family support may be accepted also. This idea is not completely thought out, but I have great passion for it.
      I'm here, Karla. :]

Subhuman wrote:

The same can be said for a pregnancy that wasn't induced by rape. An abortion "just because it was Rape" is stupid as fuck.

Obviously you do realize that someone who was raped will have had a more traumatic experience that having/carrying/raising the child will only seem to increase.

Unless you are the type to tell someone to "get over" being raped then we are not talking about the same thing.

Tala wrote:

I agree that it does depend on the situation, if you can barely support yourself then adding a child won't help since all your doing is starving yourselves. If the person wants to give their baby up for adoption instead then they have to remember that the kid will eventually want to see their actual parents sooner of later

Not necessarily. I don't live with either of my biological parents(though I wasn't adopted) and have never met my biological father. But I really have no desire to beyond me learning if we have any hereditary diseases in the family.

I'm not bothering to read all of this.

But I think that if you were stupid enough to have sex you should suffer the concequences [I don't care if I spelt it wrong!]

Plus, you're killing a life that cannot speak out for itself. Give the poor thing up for adoption if you must!

I think it's murder if you abort that baby.

Also, this thread is old..
      I'm back bitches.

RachelRae. wrote:

I'm not bothering to read all of this.

But I think that if you were stupid enough to have sex you should suffer the concequences [I don't care if I spelt it wrong!]

Plus, you're killing a life that cannot speak out for itself. Give the poor thing up for adoption if you must!

I think it's murder if you abort that baby.

Also, this thread is old..

There is nothing stupid about sex, it is something natural, one of the most base biological urges, no point in denying yourself something so enjoyable. Accidents happen, condoms break, etc. The woman should not be forced to carry around a little bastard for 9 months if she doesn't want it, all putting it up for adoption means is that the little bastard will live its whole life in a childrens home waiting on someone to adopt it, knowing its real parents didn't want anything to do with it, you think that kid will want to live through all of that shit? It isn't murder, it's just a little bundle of cells in a womans stomach, if she doesn't want it there she doesn't have to keep it there, you can't murder something that isn't technically a human being. Until it leaves the mothers body it is technically a part of her, therefore she can do with it as she pleases.

True. I see your point.
      It just really confuses me on why you would be having sex .. then expect nothing to go wrong [Atleast that's what alot of people think].

And if that child really hated being in a foster home after foster home, he/she can decide to take it's life. I just don't believe that you can choose for it when it can't tell you what IT wants.
      I'm back bitches.

RachelRae. wrote:

True. I see your point.
      It just really confuses me on why you would be having sex .. then expect nothing to go wrong [At least that's what alot of people think].

And if that child really hated being in a foster home after foster home, he/she can decide to take it's life. I just don't believe that you can choose for it when it can't tell you what IT wants.

Why people have sex confuses you? Eh, well, when a guy & a girl really really like each other & they kiss a lot, etc. sometimes they decide to have sex, which is a very pleasurable activity. Even if you use protection, birth control pills, condoms, hell, one of my friends got her tubes tied & still got pregnant. Nothing is supposed to go wrong, but sometimes things do, when things go wrong it's better for the woman to have a way out. Having a kid pretty much ruins a womans life, it's expensive as hell, hospital bills, etc. she could die from complications, she can't work, & if she has no one to support her, where will she live? How will she eat? How will she survive? How will she get a place after the little bastard is born when she has no cash, how will she get a job if she looks like shit because she can't afford a place to stay, no showers, no clean clothes, etc.

Parents make choices for their kids all the time, one choice they have the right to make is whether they want to bring it into the world or not.

RachelRae. wrote:

Read the FULL sentence. I'm not that stupid. I get why people have sex..

What about the father of the kid? If she knew that he wouldn't support her .. and didn't want a life with her .. Why would she have sex with HIM?

You seemed iffy on the subject, I was only making sure you understood.

Ever watch the TV shows where the girl has sex with the guy she's dated forever & is totally in love with & once she gets pregnant he runs off & leaves her? Well things like that happen in real life too. Girls are waay too emotional most times, they can be convinced that a guy loves them & wants to be with with her forever, no matter what; hell, even he can be convinced he wants to be with her forever, but once she gets pregnant either the guy shows his true colors & runs off, or he gets cold feet & leaves.

RachelRae. wrote:

That's why laydees get married before they get into that subject. [Which I think is very smart.]

And even if he did run off, it's the LAW to have to pay child support.

Loads of people prefer to 'try before they buy' if you get my meaning. It is best to live with whoever for a while before you get married, that way you know of any obnoxious habits your partner may have, etc. Go ahead & have sex, being married doesn't automatically mean you won't get pregnant if no precautions are taken. Married couples may not want children either, they may both prefer an abortion to having it. Really no point in waiting 'till marriage when you think it through.

Not if he can't be found/makes no money. They can't force him to get a job, he can just say he's injured & goldbrick with a friend, or work under the table till it blows over, besides, most unsupported pregnant women don't have the time or money to stick into lengthy court battles.

Yeah. That kind of blew my thought away .. haha ..
      Okay. No marriage. [ Thoguht I know marriage doesn't make having a baby easier/harder? ]

If he can't pay he goes to jail.
      Plus, there are free clinic-like operations that help mothers who are alone + carring a child. Also, what about parents? Unless you totally broke off your relationship with your parents I'm sure they're ready and willing to help.
      I'm back bitches.