Abortion.

• Re: Abortion.

QQlazor wrote:

There's a difference between commiting a murderer or other felon to death, and ending a life before it has a chance.

This is only in response because it's so obvious where you are planning to go.
      Actually, I was, as I said, genuinely curious. But how one can rationalize saying killing a fetus that can't think or feel isn't okay and is murder, but killing a person who does both of those things is just fine is completely beyond me.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

i think that abortion is a womans/couples choice. if they accidentally get pregnant then and dont wish to have the baby then they should be allowed to have it aborted.

in australia you have to have it done before 12 weeks otherwise the foetus is classified as a human. and time before this period is ok, it is just a cluster of cells, then a lump of unidentifiable mass... so i dont think its that big a deal.

i also think that the stem cells that have been removed hsould be allowed to be used to grow other organs and tissues and bones to save other lives.
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

i would never have an aboution, im against them
      HOWEVER, in some situations an abortion could be a possible answer if say a young woman got raped and was pregnant, she may not want to have the child
      ...im against them i wouldnt be able to live with myself if i did such a thing.

ch098321 wrote:

i think that abortion is a womans/couples choice. if they accidentally get pregnant then and dont wish to have the baby then they should be allowed to have it aborted.

in australia you have to have it done before 12 weeks otherwise the foetus is classified as a human. and time before this period is ok, it is just a cluster of cells, then a lump of unidentifiable mass... so i dont think its that big a deal.

i also think that the stem cells that have been removed hsould be allowed to be used to grow other organs and tissues and bones to save other lives.

stem cell from an aborted child?
      if thats what you meant, how could that be possible? the fetus isnt even fully developed for organs and what not to would 100%

Hardy anyone here knows anything about abortion - they think its just a quick kill and the "non-living thing" doesn't suffer.

After 18 weeks, the nervous system develops. This means it can feel pain. How is an abortion carried out? By some quick method? WRONG! it is carried out by barbaric methods. They insert "tools" into the vagina and pick at the child until it dies. We were made to watch a video in situation ethics last year and you can see the child crawling around the womb trying to get away, its mouth open in a slient scream. Then you can see it writhering around.

Watch this :

YouTube - Abortion, the Procedure (shortened version)

Tehn come back and see what you think................
      Thorpe park tomorrow :D

In the end, abortion is never anything good. It is a way to murder a child, something you created, no matter if you wanted it or not. It is a way to escape responsibilities.. to run from your problems, to lack compassion and understanding for an unborn child.

I've been informed of the benefits in society through abortion.. not letting children live that would grow up in a hard, unloving world without a mother that truly cares for it.

In an ideal world I'm pro life... but this isn't ideal. I can't call myself pro choice either. Unless of course, that choice includes choosing to abstain from sex, or have protection and birth control.. I am for choosing responsibility instead of murder.

About the only time I'm accepting of abortion is through rape cases. And even for that, there's the morning after pill.

Coomey wrote:

Hardy anyone here knows anything about abortion - they think its just a quick kill and the "non-living thing" doesn't suffer.

After 18 weeks, the nervous system develops. This means it can feel pain. How is an abortion carried out? By some quick method? WRONG! it is carried out by barbaric methods. They insert "tools" into the vagina and pick at the child until it dies. We were made to watch a video in situation ethics last year and you can see the child crawling around the womb trying to get away, its mouth open in a slient scream. Then you can see it writhering around.
      Wrong. A fetus is incapable of feeling pain until the third trimester, when less than 1% of abortions are performed, and that's ONLY if the mother's life is in danger.
      Sweet. More pro-life propaganda.

1) This video uses our human instinct to protect children to tell us that abortion is wrong. They show many pictures of infants. Why? They are obviously far too old to have been aborted.
      2) It goes on and on about how the fetus is living. Yes, so? Cows are living, as well; so are bugs; so are plants. Again, it's mere propaganda.
      3) Naturally, when people have these procedures explained to them while watching images of infants, they're going to imagine it being done to an infant that can feel. There's nothing in our brain that says, "That thing can't feel any of that," when we're looking at a fetus. And this video takes full advantage of that.
      4) Is the sad music really necessary? No, I didn't think so.

Coomey wrote:

Tehn come back and see what you think................
      I'm still pro-choice. I'm not weak-minded enough to be swayed by such, as I said, propaganda.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

I dont think there should be any circumstances wether its ok to get an abortion or not in my state you need to be 18 to get an abortion and there is many people that help you cope through this time it is really hard for a woman to make such a hard choice so i really dont think its right for you people to preach about not having an abortion i dont think that anyone has the right to say what can and cant be done unless you have experienced it. i used to be against it 100% then i realized who am i to tell those girls they cant make their own choices i dont think its right to be used as a form of contraception but i do feel like the woman should have her own choice its not as easy as saying dont do it because there is a whole lot more to that so i wish some of you would be respectful enough to not come in here and preach about pro life if you havent been in that situation. if you really dont know the procedure and go off by what you think happens you shouldnt be saying its nasty and gross just because you saw pictures half of those things are fake made by religion based people wanting you to see it their way
      all i have to say is let the woman decide your not in their shoes and you dont know how hard that decision is