Consistent Rejection

• Consistent Rejection

Hello, friends from Teenhut. I have come to you all expressing a problem I'm experiencing. As of late, I grew an interest in a girl. She holds the same interests as me, and I've even come to admire her tenacity and intelligence. She is truly a brilliant person. However, upon my confession of the affection I held for her, she in turn told me she would continue to only think of me as a friend.

I'm going to be honest. This kind of situation is all too familiar with me. It didn't bother me at first, but the more it happens, it expands and eventually comes to harm you.

Could someone please tell me how to cope? What could I do?
    • Re: Consistent Rejection

You probably have what's called 'nice guy syndrome'. It sucks, there's a sticky topic in this forum about it. Anyways, if you're always coming across as the best friend...read this book. I've read it, and its pretty awesome. It's titled "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert A. Glover. Amazon has it, but I can't post links yet.

AeroShadow wrote:

You probably have what's called 'nice guy syndrome'. It sucks, there's a sticky topic in this forum about it. Anyways, if you're always coming across as the best friend...read this book. I've read it, and its pretty awesome. It's titled "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert A. Glover. Amazon has it, but I can't post links yet.

That seems fairly accurate. Thank you for your contribution. I will look into it.

Hey Kim,

She might not be taking you seriously because you have always come across as a nice guy or someone she can turn too when the dark unfolds. If you really love her, you must find ways to express these feelings and show that you really like her.

There is also the possibility that in-fact, she does not like you as more then a friend and its hard to change that, sometimes you cannot do anything, she maybe might not be into you. You see to be a great guy and full of much intelligence, but what can you do mate?

Just don't beat yourself up, continue to be friends with her and be amazed that you have a wonderful friend like her, not everyone are.

You can change yourself, but feelings towards you from other people may not change, it depends on the situation and if she grows to like you as more then a friend.

Stay strong,
      :hugs:
      ~ Cat

Heyaah, this doesnt mean that every girl you meet will say this to you. You have to carry on trying till you find the right one.
      You seem to be the guy that everyone likes as a friend, you offer to take there coat, havea friendly chat with them when they're down. But you have to be MORE than that. You have to excell, stand out from all the other guys.
      Try flirting a little bit more, or maybe you are going for the wrong type of girl :) .
      Just trust your instincs :).. and go with the flo :).
      All the best :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Zachary Jayden, My precious little [/SIZE][SIZE=3]man, I love you with all my heart ♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I too know what you mean, many a time I've tried to tell a girl how I felt and be told we were friends.
      It sounds like you and this girl are close, as you share interests.
      try to think of your connection as something special, even though she's rejected you.
      how would you feel if she had left and never known how you felt ?
      how would you feel if you were no longer friends.
      sadly in this situation the best thing I think, is to to focus on what you still have (a close connection with this girl) and try to strengthen your bond yet further.
      good luck buddy :)
      x

In my opinion, you should work on your relationship. Frankly, if you two like each other enough to be friends, I think you two have a chance to make something of your friendship. Naturally, you like spending time together, it has a shot to work. Just dont rush things.
      2 Months. 50 + Pounds. Learned to box. Run's 12 miles a day. Read 3 self help books. All for under $500. A new me? Worth it.

your probly 13 and think life sucks, Dont listen to the "nice guy syndrom" its total bullshit. From expriance you can have a best friend that your girlfriend, Hey i do ^^ and im as happy as can be.

Just keep staying you and dont change to how someone has said you should be because when the opitiny comes you will be someone else and the people will think diffrently of you.

Foxygamers wrote:

your probly 13 and think life sucks, Dont listen to the "nice guy syndrom" its total bullshit. From expriance you can have a best friend that your girlfriend, Hey i do ^^ and im as happy as can be.

Just keep staying you and dont change to how someone has said you should be because when the opitiny comes you will be someone else and the people will think diffrently of you.

Yeah I totally agree. Don't change yourself. Otherwise she doesn't like you, she likes what you want her to see which is what she likes. It would eventually fail, the moment you become yourself again.

If you are yourself she'll start to like you for who you are.

how about a heart to heart talk with her and tell her everything. I think action speaks louder than words so show her the real thing from you. But then if everything fails, just settle for what's the best for the both of you.Hmm sustain the friendship, since she doesnt want to go beyond that. You just cant force her . It isnt bad to try, Just know when to stop,and accept things as they are ;) (in my humble opinion) goodluck , take care and Godbless
      <3