dealing with no dad

• Re: dealing with no dad

Parents splitting is really hard.. and its something a LOT of people have to go through now a days.
      Then all your life living with both parents, then suddenly living with only one, must be really strange. Your bound to miss your dad. But as above said - is he living local, so you can still see him??
      Quite often, children will live with their mom on weekdays then stay with Dad at weekdays. Is that possible??

DomGTR wrote:

Yeah, end up bumping into Mr Bear who just found out Goldilox had eaten his porridge and slept in his bed wouldn't end well.

[CENTER] Teenhut makes me smile :)[/CENTER]

Actually, I'm in the same situation. Both my mom and dad separated when I was eight years old, so I know how it feels. I live with my mom, as well, and I hardly see my dad around (he's living with his girlfriend and her family.) It's hard having only one parent, I know, but life gets easier. If you are in my situation, where my parents fought all the time (verbally, and sometimes physically), then all I can tell you is that their splitting up is for the better.

As for your initial question, keep yourself busy if you want to temporarily forget about the issue at hand. Go to school, hang out with friends, read a book, listen to music, anything helps; but remember that you have to eventually cope with it and however you choose to do it is your decision.

But yes, if you do have the time to tell us that story, I'd love to hear it (if you don't mind, of course.)

Support Leader,

armyforthebroken
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by armyforthebroken ().

ok. thanks for the help. ok this is how it started. We used to live in michigan. but then moved to Arizona for my step dads new job. he hates michigan to.mean while i notice that my parents argue everyday since we moved. includeing verbal,physical abuse. thanksgiveing morning i hear my parents argueing at 4 o-clock in the morning am. all of sudden i see my mom slap my step dad. min later she told me that he was cheating on her. my mom found out through reading his texts. she gave me his phone and i put it in my pocket as i do that my step dad keeps sayng give me my phone. give me my phone. i walk out of my room and as i am walking i see my step dad tackle my mom to the floor. shes screaming "call the cops" but instead i pull my step dad off of her throw him into a wall and he hits me. i broke his nose and called the cops. the cops show up and ten min later he left and never came back. two weeks later he calls telling me the bullshit that hes sorry. and that he moved to Michigan.its hard for me but my mom took it the hardest. thanks for the help.

Everyone else has already said everything,
      so I'm here to just stay strong <3

That story really saddened my heart. Your
      dad shouldn't have abused you two... but
      it happened. Maybe you're better off without
      your dad, but if you miss him, call him and
      keep in contact.

Things will get better, Joe. Stay strong <3
      [LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT][CENTER][SIZE=1]"One good thing about music is [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1] when it hits you, you feel no pain."[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]-- Bob Marley [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]

Joe, that's a really personal story and I just wanted to thank you for sharing that.

Your step dad made a huge mistake and he's paying the price for it. As for your mom, well, you need to be there for her by comforting her. It's always hard when the family is separated, but just know that life still goes on and things will be better.

Stay strong and keep moving forward.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]