need ur help! correct, please.

• need ur help! correct, please.

I Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the
      word given.

1. Can you tell me who the owner of that car is, please?
      Can you tell me .........................................................................., please? (belongs)

2. He was born in London fifty years ago.
      London....................................................................................fifty years ago. (city)

3. They seldom stay up late.

It..............................................................................................................late. (rare)

4. Nobody spoke when the teacher asked who the culprit was..

Everyone...............................................................who the culprit was. (remained)

5. Meg wants it to be clear to people that she's fair.

Meg.........................................................................................................fair. (seen)

II Use the words in capital to form a word that fits in the space.

People of the Forest
      This TV (0) documentary follows a family of chimpanzees which live DOCUMENT
      in the forest of Tanzania. Set in (1) ............... SPECTACLE scenery the programme gives us
      a fascinating insight into the life and social (2) ................. ACTION of these creatures.
      (3) .............. APPEAR we humans share 98% of our genes with chimpanzees; indeed, they are our
      closest relative in the animal (4) ...............KING and scenes in the documentary offer clear evidence
      of our (5) ...................SIMILAR . The focus of the film is on Fifi and we first see her as a
      (6) .............PLAY five-year-old who spends all her time annoying her younger brother. Meanwhile,
      the older male chimps seem to be involved in an endless fight for (7) ...................SUPREME .
      And it is no suprise to learn that while all this is taking place the females are left to deal with the
      day-to-day (8) .............................ORGANISE. matters. Make sure you set aside an hour to watch
      this. The (9) .......................GEOGRAPHY splendour of the location makes this programme
      worthwhile viewing, although our (10) ........................ LIKE to these animals will make you think.

III Answer the questions.

1. How are British Police Officers colloguially named?
      2. Who are the Mormons? Where does the largest congregation of Mormons live?
      3. What was the Commonwealth of England? Who was it ruled by?
      4. What is the first verse of the UK anthem?
      5. What was the first building in Australia to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site ?

I need it for tomoro! : (
      [SIZE=1]If ya see something wrong in my posts - send me a msg and write to me where I did mistakes. ;)

[/SIZE]
    • Re: need ur help! correct, please.

Can you tell me .........................................................................., please? (belongs)

Can you tell me who that car belongs to please? (belongs)

London....................................................................................fifty years ago. (city)

London city is where he was born fifty years ago. (city)

It..............................................................................................................late. (rare)

It is very rare that they stay up late. (rare)

Everyone...............................................................who the culprit was. (remained)

Everyone remained silent, so as not to reveal who the culprit was. (remained)

Meg.........................................................................................................fair. (seen)

Meg wants to ensure she is seen as fair. (seen)

I wasnt to sure about the rest, so ive just done those 5.
      Hope ive helped out =

III Answer the questions.1. How are British Police Officers colloguially named? I believe the term is "coppers" 2. Who are the Mormons? Where does the largest congregation of Mormons live?term is also often used to apply to all of a group of religions that recognize Brigham Young as a prophet, including Mormon fundamentalism, South America 3. What was the Commonwealth of England? Who was it ruled by? The Commonwealth of Englandwas the republican government which ruled first England and Wales, and then Ireland and Scotland from 1649 to 1660, Oliver Cromwell 4. What is the first verse of the UK anthem? Long live our noble Queen! God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen. 5. What was the first building in Australia to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site ? The Exhibition building

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

i'm not 100% sure about "coppers" but i think it is

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

number II is kinda confusing

The post was edited 1 time, last by Master Shake ().

II Use the words in capital to form a word that fits in the space.
      People of the Forest
      This TV (0) documentary follows a family of chimpanzees which live DOCUMENT
      in the forest of Tanzania. Set in (1) spectacular scenery the programme gives us
      a fascinating insight into the life and social (2) actions of these creatures.
      (3) Apparently we humans share 98% of our genes with chimpanzees; indeed, they are our
      closest relative in the animal (4) kingdom and scenes in the documentary offer clear evidence
      of our (5) similarities . The focus of the film is on Fifi and we first see her as a
      (6) playful five-year-old who spends all her time annoying her younger brother. Meanwhile,
      the older male chimps seem to be involved in an endless fight for (7) supremacy.
      And it is no suprise to learn that while all this is taking place the females are left to deal with the
      day-to-day (8) organization. matters. Make sure you set aside an hour to watch
      this. The (9) geographical splendour of the location makes this programme
      worthwhile viewing, although our (10) likeness to these animals will make you think.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]