What is YOUR Opinion?

• What is YOUR Opinion?

I think this is the best section to post this in.

Me and a couple of friends started up a band a few years ago, we was an Okay band, but one of us left and then another we have lost contact with, so now It's just me and one friend left, which we can't really make a band with 2 people :(

Anyone the question I want to discuss is this...

Do young male singers do better because their hot and girls always seem to obsess over young, famous, hot boys?

Well they don't necessarily have to be singers, they just have to be hot and famous in some way.

I think alot of you will know what I'm on about.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: What is YOUR Opinion?

Haha, okay. First of all, I think it's pretty amazing that as two people, you guys are still practicing and trying to do the whole band thing. That is awesome. And don't worry, stay dedicated and I'm sure you'll get other people to join or you'll be able to better coordinate with each other. Who says you can't have a band with just two people, of course you can. :]

Secondly, I'm in an intern at an advertising agency that focuses mainly on underground, undiscovered talent and I'd like to tell you that you're completely incorrect in your assumption. Talent is talent, irregardless and definitely not based on gender. It may seem as if in the mainstream musical business today, young teenage girls being the crowd who determines what stays and what goes, but I'd like you to know, that that is not the case at all. A musical persona may be more low-key then a 'hot teenage boy', but your talent will be streamed nonetheless.

And believe me, people, REAL MUSIC LISTENERS, the ones that count, will never focus their listening on physicality and gender, it's all about the music. That's it. No other factors should play in.

Continue to strive for success. I'm sure you'll achieve it. Don't let stereotypes and judgments stop you. They have no business in your success.

Good luck. :]
      [RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/RIGHT]

I suppose in a way, 2 young cute guys might attract attention of a certain fan base, but if the music isn't good, then it won't save you. There's a lot of 'boy bands' out there who fail, they might look good, but if they music isn't working or any good, then you make no sales. So, I would focus on the music, the quality and the song writing. Because it's that what will probably make you a success, as Erik has said.

Also, sometimes it might be good to have someone a little older in the band, as they will be a sensible force and maybe help control you. It might also be handy in any decision making as well
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

Go for an attractive girl with a good voice.

hm..... although... I think girls are more likely to listen with their eyes, so maybe a hot guy would do better. I'd prefer a girl that actually knows how to sing, but whatever. Depends on your audience.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs