The status of homosexuals in church

• The status of homosexuals in church

Before we start the discussion, i follow catholic belifs. I belive being homosexual is 100% wrong. But from what i hear alot of 'protestant' churches allow homosexuality. But lets remember protestants arent real christians. They are basicly catholics who left the religeon of christ, to make a pretend religeon where they twist and turn, and manipulate the bible.

One proof of this, is the Anglican protestants. The only reason they exist is so king henry 8th could divorce a lady. I dont understand how people could follow a rleigeon thats a spin off of catholicism, but twisted up by one guy just so he could divorce his wife.

protestant religeons are jokes. Stop pretending, the pope was the will of the lord. The protestant religeons dont follow the pope. They are pretenders. And then comes religeons like mormonism with their false prophet joseph smith...i mean come on. That retard thinks that the garden of eden is in missouri. Anyone who belives that retard should also belive atlantis is at the bottom of the bath tub.

I belive homosexuality can be healed by faith in god. I also belive there is no gay gene. No one is born gay, its a behavior that can be reversed. If gay people can be born gay and it is accepted, then i can be as mean as i want and claim to be born an ass hole and god made me that way.

What are your thoughts on the church and homosexuals. Im tlaking about the REAL CATHOLIC church, not any fake 'Methodists' "Anglicanists" 'Presbyterians' or baptists. God its like now anyone with a facility can create their own church. No protestants for this discussion please.
    • Re: The status of homosexuals in church

First of all if you think being homosexual is 100% wrong, then you really aren't following Catholic beliefs too closely, now are you. It is my understanding that Catholicism tolerates homosexuals on the degree of this. It's not wrong to be one, but you just can't act on your feelings. Which is utter bullcrap, but whatever.

I was/am being raised Catholic, but really I don't follow the majority of their beliefs.

>>> I think it's completely moronic to say you accept homosexuals when in all actuality you don't.

>>> I think it's completely sexist and behind the times to not let women be priests. I mean it was just a few years ago they let girls be altar servers, but why didn't they extend the religious right of being a priest/pope to women. I just don't follow that.

>>> I think that to claim that you follow the Bible 100%, despite what our society says is utter bullcrap too. The Bible condones many things that Catholics today don't follow, i.e. slavery, stoning as punishment for certain sins...

It's just ridiculous how so many people claim the Bible as their authority on all that is right, when in actuality they simply pick and choose which dissolves their whole system of beliefs.

Before this turns into a Catholic bashing thread I will correct Criminal Mastermind. I, too, am Catholic, and he seems to be unaware of our religion's teachings regarding homosexuality. As a Catholic, I hope he is familiar with Catechism Of the Catholic Church, the rule book if you will, where, on page 566, section 2358, it states "The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.

So, again, before you bash Catholics, please realize Catholics whom are actually knowledgeable about their religion believe gay people do not choose to be gay--in other words, one is born gay--nor do we expect gay people to become straight, which is, of course, impossible.

The status of homosexuals and everyone who does not follow the "propper" morals, actions and faiths, as defined by any church, will always have their rights violated. Religions, and their respective churches, are an excuse for the descrimination against different people. That will never change. Unless all religions and churches are promptly disbanded and removed the many people who do not follow a certain faith, but are nevertheless worthy of all rights inherent to the people of that faith, will always be descriminated against.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

Criminal Mastermind wrote:

Before we start the discussion, i follow catholic belifs. I belive being homosexual is 100% wrong. But from what i hear alot of 'protestant' churches allow homosexuality. But lets remember protestants arent real christians. They are basicly catholics who left the religeon of christ, to make a pretend religeon where they twist and turn, and manipulate the bible.

who are you to say what religion is acceptable and which isnt?

One proof of this, is the Anglican protestants. The only reason they exist is so king henry 8th could divorce a lady. I dont understand how people could follow a rleigeon thats a spin off of catholicism, but twisted up by one guy just so he could divorce his wife.

King Henry the 8th did do this, but he also got the approval from the Pope at the time, otherwise it wouldnt be called a church [especially a brance of the Catholic church]

Why is divorce such a bad thing? if two people arent happy together anymore, why should they stay together? and why is it that only the manwas able to get divorce way back when?

protestant religeons are jokes. Stop pretending, the pope was the will of the lord. The protestant religeons dont follow the pope. They are pretenders. And then comes religeons like mormonism with their false prophet joseph smith...i mean come on. That retard thinks that the garden of eden is in missouri. Anyone who belives that retard should also belive atlantis is at the bottom of the bath tub.

You should stop pretending that you know everything about your religion. go back and do a few more sunday school classes, dickhead.

And Atlantis is at the bottom of my bathtub.

I belive homosexuality can be healed by faith in god. I also belive there is no gay gene. No one is born gay, its a behavior that can be reversed. If gay people can be born gay and it is accepted, then i can be as mean as i want and claim to be born an ass hole and god made me that way.

Homosexuality cant be healed, how can something be healed when it isnt a disease? or causing a problem?

And you were born as an arsehole, and you will die as one too.

What are your thoughts on the church and homosexuals. Im tlaking about the REAL CATHOLIC church, not any fake 'Methodists' "Anglicanists" 'Presbyterians' or baptists. God its like now anyone with a facility can create their own church. No protestants for this discussion please.

Why aren't Methodist's, Anglicans, Baptists, and Presbyterians considered 'real' Catholic's? Do you even know what the Catholic church codoned back in the 1600's? they allowed millions of "heriticts" to be sacrificed and killed in the name of their religion, that isnt very nice.

Chris

PS. you should learn to spell
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

Mattilicious wrote:

First of all if you think being homosexual is 100% wrong, then you really aren't following Catholic beliefs too closely, now are you. It is my understanding that Catholicism tolerates homosexuals on the degree of this. It's not wrong to be one, but you just can't act on your feelings. Which is utter bullcrap, but whatever.

I was/am being raised Catholic, but really I don't follow the majority of their beliefs.

>>> I think it's completely moronic to say you accept homosexuals when in all actuality you don't.

>>> I think it's completely sexist and behind the times to not let women be priests. I mean it was just a few years ago they let girls be altar servers, but why didn't they extend the religious right of being a priest/pope to women. I just don't follow that.

>>> I think that to claim that you follow the Bible 100%, despite what our society says is utter bullcrap too. The Bible condones many things that Catholics today don't follow, i.e. slavery, stoning as punishment for certain sins...

It's just ridiculous how so many people claim the Bible as their authority on all that is right, when in actuality they simply pick and choose which dissolves their whole system of beliefs.

I dont follow the bible 100%, i just believe that gays are lesser human beings then i am

I dont follow the bible 100%, i just believe that gays are lesser human beings then i am

and i believe you are a lesser human than I, because you arent accepting.

And why is it that your religion still allows so many men to be ordained as priests and men of the bible when they have commited sexual acts with the altar boys? arent they gay? or is there som secret code in the bible that says "thou can use the altar boys to relieve ones sexual tension"?

and how can you be considered as a "real" Catholic when you dont follow the bible 100%?
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

Well, then it would be fair to say that youre lesser of a person than me because youre mixed raced. or your lesser because theres someone that follows the bible more than you do.

As I said, all you are is a worthless piece of shit with the intelligence of a pile of bull crap. Now, my shit-minded friend, I ask you: give me logical evicdence of homosexuals or bisexuals being lesser than a heterosexual. Once you do that, you'll have some room to talk.
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No one follows the bible 100%. Iev had a blow job, thats apparently against the rules. And where the hell is the catholic pride on this site. Most of you catholics should be proud we are the ORIGINAL REAL christians versus wannabe protestant christians

Well then your whole argument just fell apart, idiot. If you don't follow it 100%, then why not just accept gays as who they are, since they are 'committing a sin' just like you do.

Umm.. wow..
      I am Catholic, but I don't believe homosexuality is wrong at all.
      If I am not mistaken, God created all of us in his image and likeness, and homosexuals are either born that way, or they find what they are missing along the way.

Criminal Mastermind, stop being a dick, and write something worth reading..
      m'kay?

Angelwings411 wrote:

Umm.. wow..
      I am Catholic, but I don't believe homosexuality is wrong at all.
      If I am not mistaken, God created all of us in his image and likeness, and homosexuals are either born that way, or they find what they are missing along the way.

Criminal Mastermind, stop being a dick, and write something worth reading..
      m'kay?

i like that, if god created us in his image does that mean he is gay? bisexual? transexual? you raise a good point!

Criminal Mind is a hypocrite. Im not gonna watse anymore time on this thread... i say that but i probably will just because i like to argue!
      ₪ Australian
      ₪ 6' 4"
      ₪ Bisexual

Since when is God a man? I really dont think that what we think God is, is actualy the real thing. There is deffinately a chance that some higher being created us, but it also created millions of other planets with life on it. Why the hell would it take time out for our sorry asses?
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]