I'm breaking up with her... When/How should I do it?

• I'm breaking up with her... When/How should I do it?

So my girlfriend Kelly and I have been dating for about 5 months now... Its been sort of long distance because she goes to a different school about 20 minutes away.

Things started out great, the typical progression of a relationship and all that... Recently I've realized that this relationship just isn't worth while for me. I can't see her enough, she lives too far away, and I'm just not the same connection, you know?

Sometimes I just wish I could have her forget all about me... she loves me like crazy... I'm not sure if I love her but I have some really strong feeligns for her... she actually just sent me this text just now as I was writing this. (we were talking about twilight)

"Mmm idk about the vampire part haha ;) but you certainly are sexy <3. i love you so much carl... every day, i just think to myself, ask myself how was i ever lucky enough to capture you for my own... it seems just too good to be true <3"

She is also a bit insecure... I dunno I mean she asks me why I'm going out with her sometimes...

But thats not what this thread is about. I really want to end the relationship by the start of Senior year in september...

When would be the best time to break it off? I'm leaving for a Student Conservation Association mission on July 19th, I'll be gone for like 4 weeks with no cell phone or internet or anything...

Should I break it off sooner rather than later? or Should I do it at the end of the summer?

I guess I don't really want to ruin her summer, you know?

How can I do this without hurting her though? I would hate to hurt her... I just feel like I would break her by breaking up with her, you know?

This really sucks :(
    • Re: I'm breaking up with her... When/How should I do it?

I think you should break it off sooner. Get it over with quick, like ripping off a Bandaid ;[
      Ok bad analogy. Anyway, you'll be without communication for 4 weeks anyway. She'll be hurt but wounds heal and prompt honesty is the best way to go.
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

There's really no way you can make it easy for her. No matter how you do it, she's going to hurt. The most you can do is be honest with her. It's better to break up sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the more time she has for her feelings to grow even more, which will make it even harder for her when you finally decide to end it. In time she'll move on and it won't hurt her as much. It's nice that you don't want to hurt her, but there's really no avoiding it. If you're not into this relationship anymore, there's no reason to force yourself to stay in it. Dragging it out won't make it any easier. Good luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Break it off soon, definitely before you leave for four weeks. It's not going to be easy and she's going to be hurt but it has to be done if you're not quite into the relationship. Honesty is the key. Sometimes, you have to be selfish. You have to do what is best for you despite the feelings of someone else. She'll be okay.

Good luck with this.

She is my first girlfriend... i guess you could say my first love?

I just really really don't want to hurt her...

I guess if I end it before the trip she can have some healing time?

I don't even know how I would begin to go about this... I mean based on the way things are it would seem out of the blue? I feel like she thinks that everything is just fine...

I really don't want to hurt her :(