Majority Pro-life on abortion

• Re: Majority Pro-life on abortion

Avtomat Kalashnikova wrote:

Is abortion acceptable if someone is raped?
      -no, why should an unborn child pay the price of you being fucking retarded and failing to defend yourself

So you're saying that the victim is to blame in the situation of rape? It is NEVER the victims fault! Often the victim is drugged, beaten, tied, or held down. I've had someone who was not much bigger than me hold me down (During play fighting, no less) and it is SO hard to push them off when they use the right technique. A person of the right size and strength can pretty much do whatever they wish to you.

What if the victim is disabled, mentally or physically, and doesn't know how to defend themselves?

You're sick, and I believe that YOU are the fucking retard.
      [CENTER]I am not a crook.[/CENTER]

Pineapple wrote:

So you're saying that the victim is to blame in the situation of rape? It is NEVER the victims fault! Often the victim is drugged, beaten, tied, or held down. I've had someone who was not much bigger than me hold me down (During play fighting, no less) and it is SO hard to push them off when they use the right technique. A person of the right size and strength can pretty much do whatever they wish to you.

What if the victim is disabled, mentally or physically, and doesn't know how to defend themselves?

You're sick, and I believe that YOU are the fucking retard.

if you are over 21, carry a gun, usually a great way to defend yourself, if you go into a bad area unarmed, and you get raped, it's your fault. if a victim is mentally disabled, it is the fault of their caretakers for failing to provide protection.
      if you are under 21, why would you be putting yourself in a situation where you could get raped.

Pineapple wrote:

So you're saying that the victim is to blame in the situation of rape?

muslims do it, why can't i
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

if you are over 21, carry a gun, usually a great way to defend yourself, if you go into a bad area unarmed, and you get raped, it's your fault.

If you were aware of any kind of gun/murder stats, you'd realize why carrying guns is not a good idea. The majority of rapes occur is women 16-24. Do you think only women over 21 get raped? Do you think rapes only occur in bad areas? Most women are raped by people they know, or are on dates with. Some people are raped in their own homes.

if a victim is mentally disabled, it is the fault of their caretakers for failing to provide protection.

You forgot to mention physically disabled people who may live alone.

if you are under 21, why would you be putting yourself in a situation where you could get raped.

Like I said, you can get raped fucking anywhere, by anyone. It's not just 'bad areas' and 'creepy people' who are responsible.

There is a boy I go to school with who raped a 5 year old girl. He's not creepy, he's quite popular, in fact. Most people trust him and don't realize he's a convicted sex offender. You don't know about anyone's history. You think you're safe if you carry a gun, or don't go into 'bad areas'. This is simply not true.

Also, another thing about guns: Here in Canada, and also in Japan, it is ILLEGAL to carry a handgun, unless your profession requires it.

Japan has strict gun laws, and there are 1.5 homicides per every 100 000 people.

The US has little in the way of gun control, and they have 7.9 homicides per every 100 000 people.
      [CENTER]I am not a crook.[/CENTER]

if you are over 21, carry a gun, usually a great way to defend yourself, if you go into a bad area unarmed, and you get raped, it's your fault. if a victim is mentally disabled, it is the fault of their caretakers for failing to provide protection.

Not everywhere's the Deep South, guns tend to be illegal, with good reason, in a lot of other countries. Now if a woman's got a gun, what're the chances that the rapist has a gun? The woman could well endanger herself further by carrying it. As DIG has said, there is no standard rape, and there is no overwhelming majority of rapes in 'bad areas', whatever that is meant to mean.

People do not go out of their way to get raped. The whole point of rape is that it is unforeseen and unasked for. A woman should not have to go through a pregnancy she never planned.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Andrieux wrote:

Abstience -> Safe Sex -> Adoption.

There's no point of taking away the opportunity for life from someone just because you're irresponsible and don't have common sense.

This is why I try to avoid this section, debates = lost causes. Anyways, people complain about an overpopulated world, if abortion is illegal, what the fuck are we going to do with all the babies?

I laughed out loud.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DamnImGood wrote:

This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever read on Teen Hut. Bravo.

People get raped in their homes. People get raped at parties, in dorm rooms, at friend's houses, etc. It's not about "going into a bad area". Rape victims are not asking to be raped, and your solution of carrying a gun (which is illegal) is fucking retarded. I guess a 15 year old who's walking home from school who gets abducted and raped is at fault, right? After all, they put themselves in the situation to be raped.

It's sad that you live a life in fear that you feel you need to carry a gun with you 24/7, or that you cannot do normal things without the fear of something happening to you.

you're right, i'm sorry, i am depressed right now and i am having bad mood swings. i shouldn't really be posting because i'm in deep shit.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"]Don’t pollute the planet. It’s where I keep all my junk.[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]You say tomato, I say Lycopersicum Esculentum.[/COLOR]I GIVE REP TO PEOPLE WHO TELL ME THINGS ABOUT [COLOR="Red"]AVTOMAT KALASHNIKOVAS[/COLOR]

What do you think about abortion?
      It should not be viewed as the easy get out clause that some people our age see it as. If there is a possibility that you could be pregnant (eg the condom split or you got drunk and had unprotected sex) then you should take the morning after pill! If you are on the pill or another form of contraception like it and still become pregnant but do not want a baby then it is your choice whether you have it aborted or not.

Why is the majority leaning towards pro-life?
      Because everyone's turning soft.

Do you think new abortion laws should be made?
      I think the time limit here in the uk should definately be lowered.

Is abortion acceptable if someone is raped?
      Of course.

What about teen pregnancies?
      Most teens would probably not have the mental stability to cope with pregnancy, never mind looking after a baby. So it's their choice whether to abort or not - though they should receive in depth advice from a health professional about contraception and not getting pregnant again.

Are there too many kids in the foster care-system?
      I don't know.

Is abortion killing a human or a clump of cells?
      It depends how far into the pregnancy it is.

At this point in time if you became pregnant (or impregnated a girl) would you get an abortion (or encourage them to get an abortion)?
      I don't believe anybody knows the answer to this question for certain until it happens to them. A baby right now would ruin my final year of education before university, my family would be terribly ashamed, I am not financially secure and my boyfriend and I live 150 miles apart. However, personally I do not think that I could get rid of something that would become a baby, mine and my boyfriend's baby. If I was raped then I would take the morning after pill and if this failed then yes, I would have an abortion.

Could anyone tell me at what stage a "baby" stops being a zygote and becomes a feutus? I vaguely remember doing something in science last year but I can't remember.
      [CENTER]Jusqu'ici tout va bien[/CENTER]

What do you think about abortion? I think that it's very necessary in some cases.
      Why is the majority leaning towards pro-life? Because people can't realize that some people just aren't ready for the responsibilty of a child, and that's why some are mistreated.
      Do you think new abortion laws should be made? No.
      Is abortion acceptable if someone is raped? Yes.
      What about teen pregnancies? Yes.
      Are there too many kids in the foster care-system? Yes.
      Is abortion killing a human or a clump of cells? Cells.
      At this point in time if you became pregnant (or impregnated a girl) would you get an abortion (or encourage them to get an abortion)? Encourage an abortion.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln