Cops just fucking suck! Goddamn pigs. Agree/Disagree?

• Re: Cops just fucking suck! Goddamn pigs. Agree/Disagree?

I don't know where my opinion is with this really. I have known so many police officers in the past who have been utter idiots and have been so arrogant and stupid that i lost faith in the police for a long time. Some of them i swear just get a kick out of arresting or giving tickets to people for the smallest of things. Some of them can be sneaky assholes as well. But on the opposing side i think there are some that do their job well and actually are very helpful. I remember once when a boy tried hitting me on the street at night one time and then a police guy came and helped me i really was thankful for that. But yea the system doesn't work very well at all.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Frosty wrote:

The scale is vastly different, but the principle is the same. You can't say "huurr it's the law and they're doing their job so it's ok" without implicitly supporting the actions of the nazis.

Not really, and if you really think that way I don't understand how we can have this conversation... It's not that black and white.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Frosty wrote:

So 'doing their job' shields one from all criticism? I suppose you think the nazis who participated in the holocaust weren't doing anything wrong then?

I didn't say you can't criticize them - but criticism and ranting aren't one in the same. And in a way, yes - when it comes to police officers, if they're doing their job correctly, they shouldn't have to put up with ignorant, pissed off teenagers like you. Also, comparing a police officer who isn't doing anything morally wrong to a Nazi who is killing thousands of innocent people is pretty fucking stupid. Yes, they're both doing their "job", but a police officer isn't going anything wrong.

Unless you think slaughtering people for no reason besides the fact that they're a Jew/Gypsy/Homosexual is the same as giving someone a ticket/pepper spraying/tazering them when they get out of hand/arresting someone then I guess your point is valid. I mean, the Nazi's were getting all those criminals off the streets and trying to make their area a safer place, just like cops, right?
      Oh hai der.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Andrieux ().

I think that statement is too sterotypical. Cops are NOT one person. Cops do NOT all act the same way. So you shuldn't group them together. Sure there may be corruption in the justice system, but that never gives anyone the right to judge an entire group of people based soly on their job.
      [FONT="System"]"The hardest people to love are the ones who need it the most."[/FONT]

Dr.Carter wrote:

Not really, and if you really think that way I don't understand how we can have this conversation... It's not that black and white.

So how is it then? Does saying "it's the law so there's nothing wrong with it" not justify any state actions, up to and including genocide?

Andrieux wrote:

And in a way, yes - when it comes to police officers, if they're doing their job correctly, they shouldn't have to put up with ignorant, pissed off teenagers like you.

Why not?

Andrieux wrote:

Also, comparing a police officer who isn't doing anything morally wrong to a Nazi who is killing thousands of innocent people is pretty fucking stupid.

Unless you think slaughtering people for no reason besides the fact that they're a Jew/Gypsy/Homosexual is the same as giving someone a ticket/pepper spraying/tazering them when they get out of hand/arresting someone then I guess your point is valid.

Go back and read very carefully where I conceded that the scale was vastly different. I never said the actions are the same, I'm saying the principal of 'huurr the government can do what it wants' applies equally to both.

Andrieux wrote:

Yes, they're both doing their "job", but a police officer isn't going anything wrong.

Says who? Locking up someone against their will for growing a plant or for not letting the government steal their money isn't wrong? Killing them if they resist isn't wrong?

There's corruption in every part of every society, so of course there is in the police society. But in general they're something that you can look up to and know that they're there to at least keep the notion of peace. Without even the knowledge of cops, you would be pretty paranoid all the time.

Look I don't like the cops because most of the time if anyone is gonna fuck up my day its the police.So I avoid them.
      Allot of police around here know my face because They come into the restaurant I work at.
      So they don't really feel the need to mess with me.
      I walk around smoking cigarettes and shit cops don't even bother.
      I do look 18 so that is probably why.

If you are breaking the law you are now playing their game.
      It all depends on how good you are and to what extent you are breaking the law.
      Remember playing cops and robbers when you were a little kid?
      Its the same thing except this time around if you get caught you go to jail.
      Their job is to help find,prosecute and convict you.
      Anytime I do something illegal I have accepted the punishment aswell.
      I've been lucky so far but no telling how long that will last.
      As far as cops being assholes lifes a bitch buy a fucking helmet.

I know allot of people that are like "Fuck the police"
      Its kinda funny though because when shit goes down they won't hesitate to call the cops to protect them.
      If you don't like them it would be hypocritical to ever call for there help.
      So yeah.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by xXBURNXx ().