Cops just fucking suck! Goddamn pigs. Agree/Disagree?

• Re: Cops just fucking suck! Goddamn pigs. Agree/Disagree?

JCpatriots wrote:

Contradicting statements. Gotta love it.
      It's not a contradiction, more so an attention getter. I think as a forum user I can do this. :)

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

stjowa wrote:

Then dont smoke ever. Its stupid and a waste of money. I could never waste money like that. Plus I love watching kids in my school get in trouble for drugs!
      Recreational drug use is fun. Waste is often subjective.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

ASVLN wrote:

Keyword "sometimes".

They're inforcing the goddamn law. Enjoy your delusional dreams of a society in anarchy without utter chaos and bullshit.

You don't have to deal with cops. How? Stop breaking the fucking laws, for fucks sake.
      I'm not advocating anarchy and chaos. I'm merely presenting a dichotomy.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT. wait.

You do realize that it is their job to make sure people aren't breaking the law, and to punish them for the times that they do break the law, right? So, you're calling them fucking retards for knowing the law and enforcing it? Er, I mean, DOING THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Would you rant about someone at McDonalds making you a cheeseburger? Would you rant about the guy at Regal giving you a movie ticket? No? Then shut the hell up. Wait, you'll probably want to rant about the few crooked cops, right? Well, why not rant about the people who spit in your food when they make it, or the car dealer who rips you off. Because, just like a crooked cop, they're doing their job wrong and doing you a disservice.

Piss off.
      Oh hai der.

Andrieux wrote:

You do realize that it is their job to make sure people aren't breaking the law, and to punish them for the times that they do break the law, right? So, you're calling them fucking retards for knowing the law and enforcing it? Er, I mean, DOING THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Would you rant about someone at McDonalds making you a cheeseburger? Would you rant about the guy at Regal giving you a movie ticket? No? Then shut the hell up. Wait, you'll probably want to rant about the few crooked cops, right? Well, why not rant about the people who spit in your food when they make it, or the car dealer who rips you off. Because, just like a crooked cop, they're doing their job wrong and doing you a disservice.

Piss off.
      You're not getting this one bit, and yet you're willing to rant off the top of your inane little head like it's nobody's business.

Cops can be real dicks, sometimes. Like this one time some of my family and I got pulled over for speeding, because we were in a hurry to get to a funeral. The cop didn't give a shit that we had to get to the funeral, so we waited forever and we finally got our speeding ticket.

I mean, I do appreciate it when they do do things right, and solve problems, but when they do things like ticket teens for parking their cars and hanging out, I mean come on.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER] "Say those little things that don't make anyone feel better"
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Godzilla wrote:

You're not getting this one bit, and yet you're willing to rant off the top of your inane little head like it's nobody's business.

What am I missing?

• [quote]Sometimes there's just assholes involved that are not capable of applying independent discretion because they think the law has to be so fucking rigid.[/quote]
        The law is the law. It's rigid. How can you get around that? Sure, it's up to the cop when it comes to how they should treat a situation. But, realize that they are, in fact, able to treat the situation however they want to the point that what they're doing isn't illegal.

• [quote]Sometimes there's assholes that are just looking to shove a cock up your asshole because it makes them feel better about themselves.[/quote]
        I'm going to assume you have some level of intelligence and don't mean that in a literal since, but instead that they give you tickets for seemingly pointless things, like going a little bit over the speed limit or something. Well, again, it's their JOB! It's what they're paid to do.

• [quote]Sometimes there's retards that are just fucking stupid and often times end up being a lot less intelligent than the people they're dealing with.[/quote]
        I kind of agree with you on this one. I'm sure many people who get pulled over are smarter than the cop that pulled them over. But that doesn't change the fact that they broke the law - usually knowingly so. Which, I guess, isn't too smart.

• [quote]Sometimes there's yes-men in the system that will band wagon the shit out of everything probably because they don't give a shit or think it would be a futile point to argue.[/quote]
        Erm, it usually is worthless to try and argue with someone. If a cop catches you BREAKING THE LAW, he doesn't need to get your side of it.

• [quote]And then, on very rare occasions, you will get some actually decent people that can apply discretion, viewing law with a certain level of precaution, and willing to override the process if they see fit.[/quote]
        While it's nice of a cop to give you break, they don't need to. The whole point of the position of a police officer existing isn't to override the process, but to stick with the process and keep things in order.

Oh hai der.

Your opinions are biased as are most other people that fall for the appeal to authority thing. You want something so badly that you will go out of your way to defend the system, often times ignoring any flaws there actually maybe within it.

Sometimes there's just assholes involved that are not capable of applying independent discretion because they think the law has to be so fucking rigid.

Sometimes there's yes-men in the system that will band wagon the shit out of everything probably because they don't give a shit or think it would be a futile point to argue.

You don't seem to understand that cops' job is to ENFORCE THE LAW. They are not there to make their own interpretations about it. If a cop arrests you for doing something that you don't think should be illegal, that's too bad. They're not being an asshole, they're doing their job. There's nothing to argue about with a police officer. If they find out you broke the law, they will arrest you, because it's their job. Then you can argue in court, that's what it's for.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Meh, I don't have such an *ahem* strong opinion as the OP, but I do have one.

All in all, I think it's unfair to judge someone for their job (to a degree). You can't lump in Sanjay Gupta with your local podiatrist just because they have the same letters after their name... Cops are the same, they are just people. Problem with people is, most of them happen to be dicks. It's just statistics that most cops are dicks too, and when you combine that authority it leads to threads like this.

But, that aside, my view of cops in general (as I already said, it's sort of hard to cast your net that wide, so bear with me for the sake of entertainment) is not the best. It's not just "Cops won't let me smoke weed in school so I'm protesting" or anything like that. It's just the general demeanor of them wears on me. Again, this is just a generalization. Cops are like lawyers in the sense that many of them ruin the name for the rest.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Assaultrifle wrote:

You don't seem to understand that cops' job is to ENFORCE THE LAW. They are not there to make their own interpretations about it. If a cop arrests you for doing something that you don't think should be illegal, that's too bad. They're not being an asshole, they're doing their job. There's nothing to argue about with a police officer. If they find out you broke the law, they will arrest you, because it's their job. Then you can argue in court, that's what it's for.
      To be honest, I sort of lied. This is more about moderation and online communities. :D

Not about this online community but other ones I've been on. This has nothing to do with cops, though I suppose some of it applies. I do agree with you.

Andrieux wrote:

So 'doing their job' shields one from all criticism? I suppose you think the nazis who participated in the holocaust weren't doing anything wrong then?

Frosty wrote:

So 'doing their job' shields one from all criticism? I suppose you think the nazis who participated in the holocaust weren't doing anything wrong then?

Right, because everyone knows:

Cops=Nazis.

Wait, doesn't that mean that Obama is Hitler? I guess Rush Limbaugh was right!!!
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Wow, I'm actually surprised by the amount of people that think cops are okay! (Not that that's a bad thing of course.)

Cops can be power trippy but there's nothing wrong with the ones here. They're douchebags sometimes but even if they are, they're not stupid strict. Vehicle full of underaged drunks? Hey, at least you're giving them a ride home, could be a lot worse...

Plus we have one cop who is super hot, haha. No one even knows his name, he is just "HotCop." That gets the folks to behave. :D

I have known retarded cops, like this one who does corrupt retarded stuff like give a 12 year old cigarettes and there's a town near mine where the police are notorious for pulling people over for going 36 on a 35 mph zone...hmm...
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE][SIZE=3]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE]

Nick and Kris on Skype. wrote:

[7:16:21 PM] Nick: kris, i'm martha stewart.
      [7:18:37 PM] Kris: oh really? lol
      [7:18:43 PM] Kris: how was prison?
      [7:18:47 PM] Nick: hot.
      [/CENTER]

Disagree.

I would never personally join the police and i will admit i have very little trust in them but it isn't the actual people i have the problem with, it's the system behind them. They don't have enough powers to deal with alot of situations appropriatley as i've found out from personal experience so they tend to overreact over the smaller situations which they can deal with, which to be honest i find perfectly understandable.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by x-mercedes-x ().