Is she playin' me or am I just overanaylzing?

• Is she playin' me or am I just overanaylzing?

I finally get to go out on a date with a girl i've liked for a while now. (Since High School) And when i asked her if she wanted to do this again she said yes without hesitation. So for the past few weeks i've been asking her out for another date, but something keeps coming up. She's canceled on me three times in a row.
      1'st: She got in trouble with her Mom
      2'nd: Too tired from Work
      3'rd: had a BBQ at her Grandma's to go to.
      Third time was especially annoying because i was already on my way to pick her up. This led to my brother, and parents to theorize that she's just stringing me along for whatever reason, and say I should quit seeing her.

I didn't believe them, but now I'm starting to question it a little bit.

Is my family just overacting, or is this a legitimate concern?
    • Re: Is she playin' me or am I just overanaylzing?

Agreed

Wait, I thought that kinda cursing resulted in an infraction... if it doesn't I am going to be so rotted because I had to edit out all the curse words from a previous post before posting -.-

Anyways,

It could be legit, but get her to pick a time, and then go, and if she cancels it for something else, ask if you can go. See what she says, don't just let her blow you off, but don't be like a clingy creep either
      Very Original Signature!

Well the third time, she was the one who picked the date for Thursday, and then she canceled when i was on my over there. (I left like an hour or two before the time i said to pick her up to withdraw some cash, and allow for traffic. She text me while i was in line for the ATM) Not sure if that means something or not.

I honestly believe instead of us theorizing and making assumptions, we could attempt an alternative approach.

Ask her. You probably have bad timing, but if a girl was going to 'ignore you' or 'play you', she wouldn't set up dates like this unless she is redundantly moronic, for the most part they simply will always just ignore the requests or after a while (1-2 times), they'd simply tell you the truth due to annoyance, which you haven't inferred.

She is not interested.
      The big warning sign here is her cancelling the date because she was tired. If a girl likes a guy, she will want to see him, and being tired is not going to stop her. If she was interested and really couldn't make it that day, she would have suggested a different day during the same conversation - indicating she still wanted to see you. She did not (I presume, going by what you've said). And last, she’s cancelled. Three times. This is her way of saying she does not want to further the relationship.

Try not to let it bother you, just keep looking. When you’ve found a girl who shows up when she’s tired, invites you to her grandmothers barbeques (o.k. that may come later ;)) and never cancels one date without suggesting another, you’ve found a girl in which the interest is genuine and mutual.
      All the best
      C

I think she's just messing with you man. I've been on dates with girls who were probably too tired to go, but went anyway and ended up falling asleep in the movie or something. If she really liked you, that most likely wouldn't be an excuse. The only reason I can really see why she might do this is if she is reall self-concous and is afraid to look bad around you, or she might think you are going to fuck with her after she falls asleep or something.

The way I see it, there are 2 options:

1) I think what you need to do is to tell her to plan the next date, and see what she says. If she says something like "oh, I dunno, I'd like it if you planned it" mention that you have the last 3 times and failed. Or what you could also do is, if she says you plan it, be prepared before the conversation starts with a date plan. If that doesn't work out, she's either playing you or just leads an incredibly busy life, and in that case I wouldn't think its worth dating her anyway, cause it would be hard for you to get together.

2) I halfway incorprated this into #1, but plan another date, and if she says no, tell her exactly what you told us about the situation and see what she has to say, because 4 cancelled dates in a row is just plain suspicious.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." - Dr. Seuss[/SIZE][/CENTER]