Windows 7 RC Crashing .

• Re: Windows 7 RC Crashing .

Ok I am back. I have figured it out. It turns out my graphic card is completely screwed!

I used to have random problems with it but, yeh. The GPU keeps freezing so I need a new one. It must have been faulty when I first bought it, I only just started noticing freezing becoming more frequent.

So I will be getting just a cheap 9500GT PCI-E tomorrow to compensate, I haven't played games in so long so I don't need anything more than the basics. It only has to run my 22" monitor. A 9500GT will suffice. :)

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. I don't know if I should post this here with its illegality and all but, I will be testing out a Hackintosh distro once I get my new GPU. Does anyone want to know about it if I get it up and running or no?

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Oops I just read Matt's signature and freaked

I posted something illegal :S
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]Why am I back here after 2 years..?[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Macs interface is designed for retards, that's why you pay twice as much for a mac with the equivalent system as a PC; for the software/interface. I hate using them, they're almost patronising (one buttoned mouse? :rolleyes:) and just generally awkward.
      [LEFT]"Pin the donkey on her tail, that's entertainment!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]

DamnImGood wrote:

Are you serious?

Actually, I agree with him if the user is using a prebuilt system from any company that sells them. They don't put enough shit in them to run the OS decently enough.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Only the memory issue though, BSODs and everything else is just lies. ._."

:lolz: @ the Windows XP suggestions. XP was a decent booty call during the dark days of Vista Hell, but here in 2009, she's getting a bit long in the tooth. To the OP: If you have the money for a Mac, that's great and probably the best way to go. If not, and a PC is still your only option, I'd say it's time to upgrade to a slightly faster system, which can be done for not a lot of cash. In fact, I do believe MS is offering deals on Windows 7 to (reluctant) Vista PC buyers...so that's something to look into as well. :cool:

I have the Windows 7 RC on my Mac, and it's never crashed, not even once. However, that may just be due to the fact that it's a brand-new system with relatively beefy specs.

By the way...the full version of Windows 7 Ultimate is going to be..........$320?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! WTF!!! Steve Ballmer, are you sh!tting me?? :eek:

*Cough cough* Torrent *cough cough*. Big programs and Operating systems are always somehow cracked and released on torrent sites the same or sometimes even days before official release.

Oh, about the Hackintosh, I just wanted to try out Mac OS X I never really had before and it looks cool. Then again, Windows 7 is gorgeous but I still always wanted to try out OS X . So I am going to :).

Bought My cheap GPU replacement (Galaxy 9500gt 512mb), Windows 7 RC is running, not one graphics driver error. Yay!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]Why am I back here after 2 years..?[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I'm running win7 on an ooooold athlon.
      With aero. (H)
      [CENTER]Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man. Is either a fool or a coward.
      Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
      For a wounded man shall say to his opponent
      'If i live, i will kill you, If i die, you are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honor.
      [/CENTER]