i dont know what 2 do..i was raped !!

• Re: i dont know what 2 do..i was raped !!

Well, for me. I didn't tell anybody for 2 years. I hated myself and wished I would've done something. I got too scared to go anywhere. I hated everybody around me. I hated my parents because I wish they would've done something or asked me why I was so down. I never got any sleep because all I did was stay awake thinking about it or being scared that somebody was going to come rape me.

I made the worst possible decision. I know now it's too late to do anything about it. I wouldn't be able to win if I brought him to court because there isn't any evidence and it's been 2 years.

I wish I would've done it sooner. I wish I would've told somebody.

there will b no evidence 4 me either...i put things i was wearin in the bucket cuz i did not no what to do !
      i no what u r meanin !!
      i feel like hes ruined my life already...i'v not gone 2 work..prob goin 2 lose my job now...aint cn my friends or family...my parents we on holiday wen it happened & came bk 2 day so they dont know how i a bn acting since it happened....they did not even know that i used 2 go out with this guy !!

how can i go over what happened ?

thanks 4 all the advice lostpostcard but i really dont think i can...i think i have 2 go c the doc's tho....duno what i am goin say but i need 2 find out if i could b preg or std's...get that worrie's out my head !! i still cant believe it happened, what did i do wrong ?

You could go to the doctors and talk to your doctor. Say that you were raped and would like to be tested for pregnancy/STDs. Anything you say to your doctor is confidential(meaning they can't tell your parents). You can ask your doctor to refer you to a therapist.

You didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't your fault. I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did.

you need to report it, you can't just let that settle in because it will drive you crazy. I know that from experience. It's not your fault though, it's gonna take a while for you to realize that means you shouldn't be ashamed. You're eventually gonna have to tell someone though, work up to it

i posted this in the other thread:

Sweetheart I am so sorry that happened to you. I have been through that and something similar twice. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me. I will always listen and can sympathize 100%.

No it wasn't your fault. I know it is hard to believe that but it truly wasn't. And I suggest talking to someone.

I don't neccessarily reccomend going to the police if you don't feel like you can handle it but there are good reasons to.

Pro's:
      Possibilty to call the asshole out, call him what he is, get some sort of justice.
      Some find it cathartic to label the perp for what he is.
      And some find it empowering and a way to take back control.
      If convicted can help keep him from doing this to another person

Though there are plenty of cons:

Having to relive it and tell it to the cops, the prosecuter, and potentially to a court with a jury, and your parents will have to know.
      It is also stressful to wait for the phone calls to let you know what is going on with the case, and when you will get the phone call saying you have to testify.
      He might be acquitted, or plea to some crap charge that gets no justice.
      If it does go to court you will most likely be dragged through the mud, called all sorts of names and the defense will try to either say you are confused, or that you are lying.
      And it is painful having to relive it and wait.

I have done both, reported it to the police the first time, then when I was sodomized i decided not to file a formal complaint. However despite what you decide to do I SERIOUSLY reccommend telling someone close to you because it is hell going through it alone. Trust me. The first time I didnt tell ANYONE for a year and I was miserable. Telling people, or rather having people find out gave me people to lean on when I couldn't stand on my own, and I still have a hard time dealing but I have a support system. I also reccommend seeing a counselor. Check for a domestic violence group or sexual assault counselors in your area at Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, (rainn.org) they also offer a phone an online hotline if you feel more comfortable doing that. But your parents would be good people to turn to for support because they love you. And I am sure they would want to be there for you.

You have nothing to be ashamed of. I know it is hard to see it that way but you didn't do anything wrong. Despite whatever situation you were in beforehand, whatever the situation, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU COULD HAVE DONE TO DESERVE TO BE RAPED. NONE. What he did to you was horrible. But it is his fault, not yours. He made the decision to commit such a dreadful act of violence. He is the monster. Not you.

I am always here if you want to talk. Feel free to Private Message me. I will listen and I will support you in whatever way you decide to handle this. I will not judge. I have been there and understand what it is like.

Always,
      Becky

also you should go to your doctor or a free clinic or the hospital near you and ask to get tested for std's and the like.
      [SIZE=4]"Penguins. Lovely." - Edward in Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. You know you want to read it.
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    • Re: help-rape-

twiggy wrote:

i just dont no what 2 do...sound like i am sayin the same thing over and over...just thought it would help 2 talk 2 other people who i dont no !! he's took my life away from me i cant sleep or eat ! i need help.....i dont want 2 have 2 go over what happened that night then get all the tests done :(

It sounds like you going to the police isnt an option here for you. But you DO need to confront it and talk about it. They have rape hotlines, with confidential councellors to help you> And theres a good bet (if youre in the states) that theres a planned parenthood or other free clinic around you so you can get tested, and they also will probably help you find someone to talk to.
      Im so so sorry, hon.:(
      Yes I do! (no I dont)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Look, we are all here to help you. Your parent's would understand. If they don't, they're not your parents. If they think that fucked with concent, then they are not really your parents. And as said previously, you should go get this reported so they can either give you an abortion or give you a pill that can stop the fertilized egg from reaching the utiris. And believe me, life is worth living. How do I know this? I died once...

No, it's not the end.
      There is pain.
      There is dark.
      All the guilt swarms over you of everything you're going to miss. Thank god my friend was there to rush me to the hospitle.