the cops coming to my house

• the cops coming to my house

I don't know where to put this,
      but alright, right now i'm 15 and last night me and some people were drinking at this park and somebody..i don't know who decided to call up this guy that i hate and invite him over. so he gets there and of course is saying shit for no apparent reason because he's a douche bag and i don't really know why, but i thought it'd be a good idea to punch him in the face.
      So i did, and basically we ended up getting in a fight and i don't know how but i guess i got in a few good punches because he cut his face up really bad or i hit him just right or something. So some fucking idiot is like "We should call the cops" so i just kinda ran back to my friends house with him and then i got texted saying that the guy told the police about it and gave them my name.
      Now i'm not avoiding the cops, if they don't end up showing up i'm gonna just tell my parents what happened so that they won't be even more pissed off cause i didn't tell them.
      But if the cops the show up can i get arrested?
    • Re: the cops coming to my house

You are 15, I highly doubt that you will get arrested. Just so you know though, doing illegal things in a park is extremely unsafe. I have a couple of friends who have been busted at parks before. Also, if you want to avoid legal trouble I would suggest you try and avoid another situation like this one.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

It is an assault charge so yes you technically can. It'll be worse if he pushes charges over it(which sounds like something he may do).

Approach your parents about it explaining things just got out of hand and discuss what should be done. If cops do come to your house, be totally cooperative and helpful actually so it not only makes their job easier but also looks good for you for them when they make note of the arrest. Now bear in mind they won't probably HOLD you just have a sit down and possibly just discuss how you'll deal with the individual and give a warning cause your age but there is a good chance you could be lead out in cuffs just down to the station

I've dealt with cops quite abit and they DO take this behavior into account and it does end up looking good for you in the long run as long as they aren't coming to your house every 2 days :P

edit:

to poster above, it depends on where he's from. Police have different ways of handling stuff and since he's 15 either they come and have a sit down or they come with some cuffs. It's all dependant of where he's from but a majority of places do have to do arresting cause assault is assault for those over 13.

The post was edited 2 times, last by leviathan ().

You are right about the area in which he is from. In most cases where I am from the cops will not really bother with minors beyond the point of talking to them.
      I am assuming this is a first time offense so you will most likely not be held for your crime or have to do any time. I agree with the above poster on how to handle the situation, be nice to the cops and explain the situation to your parents. Your parents are going to find out either way and it is better for them to hear this from you rather than have the cops arrive at their door. What will most likely happen to you is you may have to go through a program and a couple of classes issued to you by the government, though I only know this is how they deal with drug charges I haven't really known anyone who has had assault charges that were minors.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

You can be arrested yes....

My dad is a detective and I have heard him telling me that he has another case with a 15 year old getting into a fight and stuff like that.
      Not a major city though but ho does have people from cleveland come in and he has to do stuff with that.. (Which I think this was the case where a group of teenagers from cleveland came over and beat this kid decided he was going to fight them)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Saradactyl wrote:

You are right about the area in which he is from. In most cases where I am from the cops will not really bother with minors beyond the point of talking to them.
      I am assuming this is a first time offense so you will most likely not be held for your crime or have to do any time. I agree with the above poster on how to handle the situation, be nice to the cops and explain the situation to your parents. Your parents are going to find out either way and it is better for them to hear this from you rather than have the cops arrive at their door. What will most likely happen to you is you may have to go through a program and a couple of classes issued to you by the government, though I only know this is how they deal with drug charges I haven't really known anyone who has had assault charges that were minors.

It does matter because if it is a city where the cops are busy they could brush it off.... or if is it super bad they could just treat it like your an adult I have heard that before (In a city called cleveland)
      To a new beginning.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stjowa ().

stjowa wrote:

You can be arrested yes....

My dad is a detective and I have heard him telling me that he has another case with a 15 year old getting into a fight and stuff like that.
      Not a major city though but ho does have people from cleveland come in and he has to do stuff with that.. (Which I think this was the case where a group of teenagers from cleveland came over and beat this kid decided he was going to fight them)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

It does matter because if it is a city where the cops are busy they could brush it off.... or if is it super bad they could just treat it like your an adult I have heard that before (In a city called cleveland)

I know it matters. I was agreeing with the person above me on that statement, silly. :]
      It also depends on the severity of which he had beaten up the kid. If the kid needs to go to the hospital then I could imagine that the cops will take it seriously.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saradactyl ().

I think there are two things here to talk about. And if we split them up, it might be easier to explain things.

Firstly, the police., There's a difference between getting arrested and them actually pressing charges. As far as I am aware, in the UK anyway, they can arrest you. They can arrest anyone, pretty much. But as to pressing charges, I would doubt it. Because it's a fight, and fights do happen. You did hit him, but then again, he was provoking you, so it's something they would class as a tittle tattle fight. Nothing really important, neither of you pose a threat to the community, so it's doubtful they would press charges. The only bad thing is, as you're a minor, at least one of your parents would be involved, as they legally can't do anything with some sort of parental consent. Or someone who is classed as an adult being there for you.

Secondly, you need to address your temper. Because there are many people out there that wind you up, and I know how hard it is to contain it sometimes, but you can't go around hitting people. You know? I am sure he deserved it, in your mind, at the time and I know how people can push and push and say things that are very annoying. But hitting them is rarely the answer. And as we get older, you can't hit people anyway. If someone winds you up at work, you can't hit them,. you'd get sacked. And even worse, the company can press charges against health and safety.

So, I think you need to address your temper a little, and try and find a release. Maybe the gym, or something that enables you to get that built up anger and stress out. Because hitting isn't the answer. And you know, it does scare people. That's why someone said they should call the police, when you see two people fighting, it can look scary, and people don't know how to handle it.

Matt is true as well, he could sue you or try and press money claims on you for health bills. Which, if you can't pay, would fall to your parents as your legal guardians
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

Since you're under the age of 18 the worst they can do is put you in juvi for a while, and get a court sentence to determine anything else.
      This is pretty serious business, and if you have the guts to not hold in your anger, and become aggressive towards someone when he was clearly wasn't doing anything wrong, then you have to deal the consequences. You should really seek anger management (not saying you have a problem) but you can't just lash out on someone because you don't like them. If you hide from the cops, it's only going to make the situation worse. I would tell your parents so they know what happened so they won't be extremely harsh.

Best of luck to you, keep us posted.
      Real eyes, Realize, Real lies.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alisha ().

Where I'm from, you'd have to get into at least three fights or have a previous record for them to even consider juvie. My former best mate went to court twice for fighting and got probation the second time, and then stole his mom's car and drove to Panama City and even then only got a month in juvie. You should be fine, but as said before, it depends on your area.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

you Can get arresed, but you won't go to jail if your 15. and yea, its a good idea you tell your parents first before they find out from the cops or else it'll be worst.

and its weird but cops show up everywhere. one time at the beach i was gonna park and i hit i car. it was a minor thing. no one was around so i turned back and parked somewhere else. when i came home the cop was already in my house
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]