Long distance relationships?

• Re: Long distance relationships?

As tough as it is for long distance relationships to work, it's still very possible that long distance relationships can last as long as both partners are extremely committed and dedicated on making the relationship work by supporting each other. You just have to put forth more effort than any other relationships, because you're separated from your boyfriend or girlfriend and it's hard to physically be there for them.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

i had one just recently but she turned out to be a "you looked better on myspace". all her pics were of her good angles, not that im all about looks, but she just blatantly misled me and it really pissed me off...

most people need physical interaction, like even just cuddling and kissing, to make things work. its weird, but it ends up hurting more being with them and being apart all the time...like never seeing them is just as bad as always seeing your partner
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Poo-tee-weet? ().

It's impossible to generalise on this. I mean, on the face of it, you think it would be impossible to have a long distance relationship, and there's question that is does make life harder. But it's not impossible. As long as the communication is there, and you constantly talk and share thoughts and idea's, be together as many times as possible, trust each other implicitely and always say how you feel, then you have a really good chance. Sometimes, you can't help falling for someone who doesn't happen to live around the corner, and so it would be a shame to pass the chance just because you have to work a little harder at it.

If you think about it, there are many couple who in effect have long distance relationships. Those where the partner works away on oil rigs, or are in the armed forces or certain health professions, they have to go away for work sometimes for months at a time. So, people do cope with it. I think it all comes down to how strong the connection is, and if you think it's worth it
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

I Promise wrote:

It's impossible to generalise on this. I mean, on the face of it, you think it would be impossible to have a long distance relationship, and there's question that is does make life harder. But it's not impossible. As long as the communication is there, and you constantly talk and share thoughts and idea's, be together as many times as possible, trust each other implicitely and always say how you feel, then you have a really good chance. Sometimes, you can't help falling for someone who doesn't happen to live around the corner, and so it would be a shame to pass the chance just because you have to work a little harder at it.

If you think about it, there are many couple who in effect have long distance relationships. Those where the partner works away on oil rigs, or are in the armed forces or certain health professions, they have to go away for work sometimes for months at a time. So, people do cope with it. I think it all comes down to how strong the connection is, and if you think it's worth it
      Your words are very true, I thought what I had was different, and it was. But the only problem is there's always that chance that they can be lying about appearances, as I had happen to me.

I guess if a nice young lady who's not around the corner rolls by, I'll make sure she is who she says she is before becoming mutually exclusive. Wasn't my greatest decision...
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

they dont work.. people drift because they cant see each other and there feeling come to an end. it sucks not being able to see them like a regular bf or gf any time they want..
      [FONT="Century Gothic"][/FONT][COLOR="Blue"]I must be Free
      I must be Me![/COLOR]

Chocolatte wrote:

Do they work? Just want peoples views. Personally I couldn't not see my boyfriend (I must add I'm single at the moment, haha) for a month, that's just me though. :)

I couldnt not.... means I could see my boyfriend

Ok lets forget the double negative and get down to business.

They could work depending on the person and the feelings the people shared. If my gf went away for awhile I still will be with her.
      To a new beginning.

Stjowa wrote:

I couldnt not.... means I could see my boyfriend

Negative + Negative = Positive
      It's not a double negative.

Anyway, long distance relationships only work if 2 things are present:
      1) Deep, true feelings for only that person
      2) A willingness to work on the relationship so that it survives distance
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

They can work. Me and my bf were in a long distance relationship for 7 months. Im not saying its easy. and its not for everyone. It was very hard and you have to be willing to rly work at it and communicate well. There were some tough times but we worked threw it. We are now very happily living together. ive been here with him for about 2 months :)

DareToDream wrote:

My mistake, sorry!

Keep your posts coming in about long distance relationships please. :) xo
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]- For the love ♥[/SIZE]

:love1:
      [/CENTER]

Well, they're difficult to say the least. A lot of people nowadays aren't willing to put in the work or initially don't realize how much it'll take. Also, it gets hard to stay in a relationship where there is no physical contact. Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on sometimes, or a hug. It's frustrating for your loved one to be too far away for that.

But there are still many success stories out there. Communication has always been very important in relationships, and long distance only emphasizes the need. Talking frequently is a definite yes. You get to know all about this person (what makes them smile, what makes them tick) and also you get to be there for them when life isn't going as planned. Extending that hand out figuratively can be just as effective as literally. All you need to do is open up to him/her, and expect the same in return.

I'm going to detour a bit to discuss people who have only met online and not in person first. (Skip if you don't care basically, haha).
      With this, you're going to be going in feet over head. A person on the internet can seem really cool and look handsome. The problem is that 17 year-old James from Florida can be 52 year-old Harry from his mother's basement. Even real pictures of someone can look good at a specific angle, and facts can be falsified easily. That's something to take into account.
      Say you really think this guy is the real deal though. He has a great smile, and a winning personality. Plus, he wants to date! This is the hard part. Even if the whole communication bit goes well, you will certainly want to meet up with him one day. There is no guarantee that when you do, he will still seem like prince charming. Chemistry and physical attraction DO matter. Sometimes you e-meet someone you thought you would really connect with, but when you finally meet them in person, you don't feel as you thought you would.
      In short, meeting online is taking a risk. You need to be prepared for it to work out, but also for it not to work out.

Really it comes down to preference though. You'd like being able to see your boyfriend in person. That's fine. But if he left on vacation for awhile or flew off to another country, you'd start to feel the burn. Soon calling once a day won't feel like enough, and you'll miss kissing him every time you see each other. And hey, you might meet a guy living far away who you really like. But either way, you can make a long distance relationship work with effort.
      [LEFT]These are hard times for dreamers.[/LEFT]

DareToDream wrote:

Negative + Negative

Is a double negative...

A double negative occurs when two forms of negation are used in the same clause. In some languages (or varieties of a language), negative forms are consistently used throughout the sentence to express a single negation. ...
      an affirmative constructed from two negatives; "A not unwelcome outcome"
      a grammatically substandard but emphatic negative; "I don't never go"

I couldnt not see my boyfriend
      I could not not see my boyfriend

But this isnt the point. Long distance relationships can work if you keep the communications up! Most important thing here and always is communications
      To a new beginning.