Hot tubbing with a guy. Advice?

• Hot tubbing with a guy. Advice?

So recently ive been talking with a guy ive known and gone to school with for about 5 years now. He is popular and hooks up with pretty, and thin girls (some being my friends who are also popular). I am shy and i dont talk to a lot of guys like my friends do, which is why i thought it was weird when he told me he thought i was cute. Ive never been on a date or had a boyfriend or anything like that.
      So anyways we talk and he has been inviting me over to go in his hot tub with him but i keep giving excuses why I cant, even though i really want to.
      The reason I dont just go is because I dont want him seeing me in a bikini because im not thin... Im like 25 pounds above what my average weight should be. I wear a bikini in front of my friends and other people because i dont care what they think. Im chubby in the thighs and hips so I think a one-piece bathing suit looks even worse on me.

What do you guys think I should do?
    • Re: Hot tubbing with a guy. Advice?

Well you can either just go in it, if he decides to avoid you after that then he's not worth it obviously.. If he's just after your looks.
      Or just tell him hot tubs are not your thing.

DomGTR wrote:

Yeah, end up bumping into Mr Bear who just found out Goldilox had eaten his porridge and slept in his bed wouldn't end well.

[CENTER] Teenhut makes me smile :)[/CENTER]

Well, personally, I wouldn't go if he's just looking for a quick lay. It's just not worth it because he could try to pull you in to something you don't want to do or whatever. I understand if he's cute and all and being nice to you, but these are things you need to think about. I know you want to have fun too, and I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but unless you know this will be completely safe, don't go :/

It's like one time when I went to a convention and this guy invited me and some friends to his hotel room saying that he was going to have a party. As cute and nice as he was, none of my friends went because it sounded a little suspicious.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

captain_kurenai wrote:

Well, personally, I wouldn't go if he's just looking for a quick lay. It's just not worth it because he could try to pull you in to something you don't want to do or whatever. I understand if he's cute and all and being nice to you, but these are things you need to think about. I know you want to have fun too, and I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but unless you know this will be completely safe, don't go :/

It's like one time when I went to a convention and this guy invited me and some friends to his hotel room saying that he was going to have a party. As cute and nice as he was, none of my friends went because it sounded a little suspicious.

That's true i see what you're saying.
      But leaving all that aside, would you go in your bikini even if you weren't so thin?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Angel.x wrote:

skinny dip, that was you can both be self conscious, but you get it over and done with. once you're both naked, the last thing he would be thinking about is your "chubbyness".

being safe is easy, take some condoms...

Why didn't I think of that before? haha...

Pedida wrote:

That's true i see what you're saying.
      But leaving all that aside, would you go in your bikini even if you weren't so thin?

Mmm, well I personally am not fond of bikinis ... actually, I have the opposite problem of yours. I'm really skinny so I don't even like wearing a one piece. I actually wear a one piece bathing suit, with shorts and a tshirt over it ... but since it is a hot tub, I'd probably just wear the one piece with shorts lol

That's me though XD
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

captain_kurenai wrote:

Mmm, well I personally am not fond of bikinis ... actually, I have the opposite problem of yours. I'm really skinny so I don't even like wearing a one piece. I actually wear a one piece bathing suit, with shorts and a tshirt over it ... but since it is a hot tub, I'd probably just wear the one piece with shorts lol

That's me though XD

you cover up because your skinny? thats insanee. but i guess my problem is too. i hate this whole body image crap right now haha.... but i know ill get over it.

Pedida wrote:

you cover up because your skinny? thats insanee. but i guess my problem is too. i hate this whole body image crap right now haha.... but i know ill get over it.

Well, I haven't gained weight since 8th grade (make note, I'm going into my 3rd year of college this fall) and it kind of shows. It's not an unhealthy kind of skinny, but it's not something I would want to show off in a swimsuit. When I'm wearing my everyday clothes, I'm fine, it's just swimsuits I have that problem with :/
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

Pedida wrote:

it's good that you hate it.

The mental mindset of some girls IMO is just stupid. Cheer up and be proud of your body.

Another reason to skinnydip...confidence builder :p
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Hey, i'm sure you'll get over it.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

pshh 25 pounds?
      thats nothing to be ashamed of

similar to what someone above said, if you skinnydip, his mind won't be on "chubbyness"
      fellow guitarists click [SIZE=4]HERE![/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]roamer, wanderer, [SIZE=3]nomad, vagabond,[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]CALL ME WHAT YOU WILL![/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]