Do Girls Like Overweight Guys?

• Re: Do Girls Like Overweight Guys?

jordan912003 wrote:

Ok. But what do I actually talk to girls about? I always run out of things to say, both in real life and on MSN.

Anything and everything :D

And when I say anything and everything ... I mean ANYthing and EVERYthing. Even that llama you just saw running across the street.

Oh but really, it helps if you know some of their interests, or probe around and find out their interests.
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

jordan912003 wrote:

Sorry, it's late here, I can't think right. Lemme see what you mean. If it wasn't, as you say, is a hypothetical situation. Therefore, I understand from your answer that it is important...unless I'm mistaken. In that case, I'm screwed :p

I'm sorry, I misspoke. Generally speaking, unless a girl has a specific rule about weight, it won't be an issue.

Original post edited.*
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Bebop wrote:

I'm sorry, I misspoke. Generally speaking, unless a girl has a specific rule about weight, it won't be an issue.

Original post edited.*

It happens. If it doesn't matter then all I need to worry about is actually talking to a girl. From the above answers, I am supposed to talk about everything. But, is there like a line when I start to become annoying and therefore repulsive both in real life and online?

Oh, and generally girls don't like my sense of humor...Do you know how I can improve this (read specific books or articles or w/e)?

The post was edited 1 time, last by jordan912003 ().

jordan912003 wrote:

It happens. If it doesn't matter then all I need to worry about is actually talking to a girl. From the above answers, I am supposed to talk about everything. But, is there like a line when I start to become annoying and therefore repulsive both in real life and online?

Oh, and generally girls don't like my sense of humor...Do you know how I can improve this (read specific books or articles or w/e)?

Unfortunately, humor is a gift more than it is a skill. It's all about timing and having a good idea as to how your audience will react. On a personal level, keep teasing to a minimum and in a light, playful manner. Learn where the boundaries are and stay within them.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

To address an earlier question, weight matters to me, but I'm not exactly someone you would want to date anyways :3

As for what Bebop said about humor, it kind of is. Your jokes are either lame or not, and it's hard to 'train' to tell better jokes.

Now, how to start a conversation, that's always a bit tricky. Maybe highlight something you noticed about them ("So ... I noticed you were interested in going to this event. For the record, it's not worth it")
      [CENTER]6/19/06

愛してる~
      私の恋人
      [/CENTER]

You're always going to get some girls who are going to be judgemental because of size, but it's wrong to say that all girls are like that. It's hard to change people's opinion, so yeah, some of the girls you ask might not be interested purely on that basis, but you can't let it put you off trying.

Personality and who you are as a person is much more important, you know? And it's mainly down to you to show that side of you. The quiter and less confident you are, it will just draw attention to other factors. You need to relax and just be yourself. There's no books or tricks involved in that. You know, when you think of it, what's the worst that can happen? Basically, they won't be interested. But you're not dating them now anyway. So when you look at it, you have lost nothing.

Try starting some small talk, anything about what they like, where they go to relax, vacations, music/bands..anything at all. And don't be shy to say what's on your mind, to speak about things that you're passionate about.

With regards to changing your sense of humour and things, well, you can't change who you are just to please someone. It's all part of you. And even if you did 'mask' the real you, initially, over time that barrier would come down and the real you would end up coming out. And you wouldn't want a relationship based on lies and a false you. You want someone to be with you because they want to be with you, the REAL you. So, don't hide it. Just be yourself
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

People like this are funny. If you want a good looking girl, you know, the ones who respect their body and who maintain it, then YOU HAVE TO respect and maintain your own body. You obviously aren't trying hard enough to lose weight or your desire to get a girl isn't that great because if you did want a good looking girl, then you should have the ability to maintain your own body and make it good looking for them. Jeesh, I don't understand people like this.

Good looking girls get good looking guys = Good looking guys get good looking girls
      Self-Respecting girls get Self-respecting guys = Self-respecting guys get self-respecting girls

Seriously dude, try a bit harder.

If a girl only goes out with someone because of their looks then that girl needs to rethink her priorities.

Looks are a negligible factor in a relationship. A guy, whether he's skinny, fat, muscular etc. won't have a decent relationship if he's a complete twat. If you want to get a girl for the sake of it, don't. If you find a girl who you truly like, get to know her, and in time ask her out.