i'm so scared i'm going to lose my cousin.

• i'm so scared i'm going to lose my cousin.

my cousin has a serious heart condition.
      at 11 months he had a heart transplant.
      any organ that you have put into your body, roughly only last about 10 years, give or take a few years.
      he's 12 now, going to be 13 this year, so his heart has lasted him well, but his body has started going through rejection.
      he's undergone chemo numerous times and stuff because he's not strong enough currently to have another transplant.
      but there's only so much they can do until they HAVE to operate. i'm not even sure they will because the chances of him surviving it are so weak.

i was there when he was born, and he's not really a cousin to me. he's more like a brother. :(
      i see him more often than i see my half sister or my half brother. i've watched him grow.
      i just want to spend as much time as i can with him because i'm SO scared.

i don't really know how to cope with it. in past months i've been thinking about it too much and it was depressing me, so i've kind of shut my mind off about it and just focus on having fun when he's here. but that's not really realistic and i'm not sure it's the best way of coping.

>.<! argh.
    • Re: i'm so scared i'm going to lose my cousin.

thanks guys. :)

i just wish everything with the family was good so that he had a better support system.
      X(

we went out for a meal the other day.
      and he was like, spitting rice everywhere. it went all down my top and everything.
      i know it's rude and not the best behavior when you're out, but that's how i like him cos that's who he is. ;/
      he's naughty and a rascal. he always has been.
      when he's quiet and well behaved it just feels like something's missing. like he's not there.
      aha.