i'm posting this under another username cuz its kinda awkward...trouble w/ snoopy mom

• i'm posting this under another username cuz its kinda awkward...trouble w/ snoopy mom

Sorry this is long, but I kinda need help here...

Okay so my mom decided to randomly raid my room a few weeks ago when i was out of the house for a few hours, because she thought I was hiding weed or something (I have no idea why, I've never done drugs in my life). She didn't find any drugs, but she opened up and looked through every notebook in my room. In one of the notebooks, there was a bunch of poetry (about guys, school, sports, everything). Well I'm straight and very sure of it. But I did write a poem about this one time I liked a girl. I'm worried that my mom read it and thinks that I'm not really straight. Because by reading it, there's no way to tell that it was just a one-time (okay maybe three-time) thing. I'm not 100% sure that she read it, but there's definitely a good chance, especially considering the weird look she gave me (and still gives me occasionally when i say certain things) when i got home.

Does anybody have any advice that could help me? She's not particularly tolerant, and I'm straight, so I DEFINITELY don't want her thinking I'm bi or anything... I just don't want to bring it up incase she didn't actually read it afterall.

So yeah, if anybody has been in a similar situation, advice would be very appreciated...
    • Re: i'm posting this under another username cuz its kinda awkward...trouble w/ snoopy

I would first ask her why she's giving you weird looks. Find out what's on her mind. Like you said, there's no way to know if she read it or not.

If she didn't, you've got some other kind of problem on your plate. If she did, tell her it was a one time thing. You're young, you experiment. Your experiments yielded an interest in boys. End of story.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs
    • Re: i'm posting this under another username cuz its kinda awkward...trouble w/ snoopy

Unless she brings this whole subject of you being "bi-sexual or curious" or anything that indicated that she's read this particular notebook, then I wouldn't worry about it. If she does ask about it, however, just be honest and tell her the truth; you know you are straight, but there were times when you were a little curious. If she questions you about it, just tell her what Bebop said: You're young and young people tend to experiment, that's it.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

armyforthebroken wrote:

Unless she brings this whole subject of you being "bi-sexual or curious" or anything that indicated that she's read this particular notebook, then I wouldn't worry about it. If she does ask about it, however, just be honest and tell her the truth; you know you are straight, but there were times when you were a little curious. If she questions you about it, just tell her what Bebop said: You're young and young people tend to experiment, that's it.

i agree :D

I can understand how that would bother you. I am an only child and my parents are snoopers too. If you can't let it go and shes still giving you odd looks I would confront her. Just sit her down and be like "Look I know you went through my room.." and go on about how it makes you uncomfortable because you don't feel like you have any privacy. You should just ask her outright if she found anything that disturbed her and give her a chance to discuss with you whats on her mind. Then you can set the record straight about your feelings and how your straight if you think thats what shes focusing on. Goodluck!:D

I agree with jenn, just don't bring it up...she probably wouldn't read your notebooks would she? ..that's a serious invasion of privacy if she did, imo. you might just be paranoid and thinking she's giving you strange looks. she might have though, and it's not a big deal..as said before..you're young, you need to experiment.

best of luck :)

-hanna
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year,
      and i'm so sick of watching while
      the minutes pass as i go nowhere. <3AllTimeLow[/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

thanks everybody...i took the advice and asked her why she was giving me weird looks...she didn't answer...
      but i know for a fact that she went through a few of my other notebooks...so since my poetry one is a hardcover journal, i put a padlock on it :D ...that should keep her out for a while

I don't (or at least I try not to) sweat anything. Just look at this from the humor point of view. I personally would laugh my ass off if my parents thought I was gay, I might even try to mess with them over it... I have a gay friend that I might try talking into playing a practical joke on them with me. :p

I think it's far more of an issue that your mom doesn't trust you or respect you enough to give you privacy than worrying about whether she thinks you are doing it with girls :)

If it's itching at her that much, she's going to let you know it soon enough. Until that happen, no use worrying about it.

010101 wrote:

I did write a poem about this one time I liked a girl... by reading it, there's no way to tell that it was just a one-time (okay maybe three-time) thing.

^ Hot.

And if your mom is like that then I am sorry. All that's going to end up happening is that you are going to bolt for the door as soon as you are set up for college. Your mom will have no one to blame but herself.