Things to Do At House - Movie Problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Things to Do At House - Movie Problem

Alright, so I'm a very timid kinda guy when it comes to what to do with a girl; as usually I really like the girl and don't want to mess it up.

But, anyways:

My girlfriend is coming over in a bit, and I have no idea what to do. If worst comes to worst, we'll just talk and stuff on the couch; but I'd really rather find something fun to do somewhere. Any ideas? I highly doubt she'd like playing Rock Band or something. :P

After she's over for a bit, we plan on heading over to the movies to see Harry P. (her choice, not mine). I've had problems with girls at the movies before, what with where to put my arms/hands. The theater we're going to DOES have cup things that go up so they don't get in the way. But, at least to me, it seems that my arm around her is a bit uncomfortable for her (girl comments on that?). Last movie we went to I just held her hand the whole time. Any help with this problem? What to do to be close to her at the movie.

Thanks,
      Zach
    • Re: Things to Do At House - Movie Problem

First of all, I love making bracelets and shit, or doing art in general. That's always fun for everyone, especially girls. They love that sort of thing.

As for the movies, if holding her hand is comfortable, then do that. For me it's annoying to put my arm around a girl in the movie theater, but that's just me.

Good luck!
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Hi :)
      Right...where to put your arm at the cinema - this is often a tricky problem and it took me some practise the first time I went to the movies with a lady. I suggest not necessarily putting your arm around her back, but resting it on the top of the back of the chair and occasionally rubbing her arm (the one furthest from you) or shoulder. This will ensure that she is comfortable, you can show some affection and you can be close to her.

Something to do - you don't necessarily have to make the decision. If she's outgoing, then ask her and she'll tell you. However, if she's more shy she'll just say "up to you". If this is the case, well...I don't know, I can only tell you from experience. I just offered going for a walk, and she did happily. So, we walked around the village, the park, the woods. When she got scared of a dog, I took the opportunity to hug her and make her feel better. We stopped off at a nice little pizza restaurant and shared a thin crust italian pizza, then we went to the park and sat on the bench, talking about things. Moon was bright, no clouds, no one around, just us. The scene was perfect, and she told me everything. Eventually we just sat there together and she fell asleep, and I carried her home and put her to bed, left a note (won't say what was in it, overly soppy, personal and stuff lol xD), kissed her head, fed her dog and left. 'twas perfect.

Hope this helped somehow.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

Tenris wrote:

Hi :)
      Right...where to put your arm at the cinema - this is often a tricky problem and it took me some practise the first time I went to the movies with a lady. I suggest not necessarily putting your arm around her back, but resting it on the top of the back of the chair and occasionally rubbing her arm (the one furthest from you) or shoulder. This will ensure that she is comfortable, you can show some affection and you can be close to her.

Something to do - you don't necessarily have to make the decision. If she's outgoing, then ask her and she'll tell you. However, if she's more shy she'll just say "up to you". If this is the case, well...I don't know, I can only tell you from experience. I just offered going for a walk, and she did happily. So, we walked around the village, the park, the woods. When she got scared of a dog, I took the opportunity to hug her and make her feel better. We stopped off at a nice little pizza restaurant and shared a thin crust italian pizza, then we went to the park and sat on the bench, talking about things. Moon was bright, no clouds, no one around, just us. The scene was perfect, and she told me everything. Eventually we just sat there together and she fell asleep, and I carried her home and put her to bed, left a note (won't say what was in it, overly soppy, personal and stuff lol xD), kissed her head, fed her dog and left. 'twas perfect.

Hope this helped somehow.
      Definitely. Thanks for the responses, both of ya. I might ask her if she wants to take a walk around beforehand, and then I'll just figure out the movie theater part when we're there; hold hands or arm on top of the chair.

Helped, and again, thanks. :)

ShakeLikeMonkey wrote:

First of all, I love making bracelets and shit, or doing art in general. That's always fun for everyone, especially girls. They love that sort of thing.

As for the movies, if holding her hand is comfortable, then do that. For me it's annoying to put my arm around a girl in the movie theater, but that's just me.

Good luck!

Ok so next time I go see my mom & family (they live in PA) we're hanging out lol.

But to the OP, when you go to the movie, I'd suggest putting your hand on her thigh. That way if she wants to hold your hand she can. If she's not comfortable with that, then you can just act like you were reaching for her hand or something lol. But IMO, having a guy put his arm around me in the theater is the most uncomfy thing in the world so I'd suggest not doing that.
      So either hold her hand or rest it on her thigh.
      *note* When I had a bf who actually took me places, he'd usually put his hand on my thigh and I'd lean over and rest my head on his shoulder and kindof caress his upper arms. Its extremely comfy and whatnot, so you might want to offer her your shoulder as a headrest. Have fun :]

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Cowpiepk wrote:

Lol, what I think he's trying to say is who cares if you "mess it up".

And what he said. :]

Liam;1947420 wrote:

Would it be fun if you had a crash, went flying over the handlebars, smashed your head open and died?

Opprobrium;2001578 wrote:

SEE! Tell me he isn't singing about his cock!

Nugget wrote:

Ok so next time I go see my mom & family (they live in PA) we're hanging out lol.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I hope you're serious, because I'm down!!! I'd love to do crafts and whatnot. Funtimes!
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

ShakeLikeMonkey wrote:

I hope you're serious, because I'm down!!! I'd love to do crafts and whatnot. Funtimes!

Haha we're totally gunna make friendship bracelets lol
      Idk when I'll be up there next.
      I havent seen my family in....6 years lol
      But hopefully I'll be able to afford the trip once I get a job :]

Liam;1947420 wrote:

Would it be fun if you had a crash, went flying over the handlebars, smashed your head open and died?

Cj wrote:

:lol: +rep.

Oh gawd.
      It really wasnt that funny lol.
      I guess I should have given the guy who I talked to about getting an application today a +rep when he said the same thing.

"Hey are you guys hiring?"
      "Oh I've got a job for you girl."
      "Oh great. Does it involve you?"
      "Oh you know it does."
      "No thanks."
      *I walk away; Manager walks in*
      -Manager: "What was that all about"
      -Emplyee: "She wasn't interested in my job offer."

Liam;1947420 wrote:

Nugget wrote:

Oh gawd.
      It really wasnt that funny lol.
      I guess I should have given the guy who I talked to about getting an application today a +rep when he said the same thing.

"Hey are you guys hiring?"
      "Oh I've got a job for you girl."
      "Oh great. Does it involve you?"
      "Oh you know it does."
      "No thanks."
      *I walk away; Manager walks in*
      -Manager: "What was that all about"
      -Emplyee: "She wasn't interested in my job offer."

HAHA that shit is classic.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?[/SIZE] [/CENTER]

don't what feels right for you. if you screw up you screw up. She's not going to kill you
      Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.