Who else hates all of this new music?

• Re: Who else hates all of this new music?

jaco123 wrote:

fall out boy was never emo.

and ice t is not the king of hip hop, he cant decide whos good or not.

i thought you were open minded?

I am but that dosen't mean I won't call shit when I see it. what I meant is people only like certain genres of music and hate all other types. fall out boy is emo and its shit sorry but any band that has to have John Mayor of all people play a guitar solo for them because they can't cover beat properly is crap. Soulja Boy on the other hand is whats wrong with hip hop and rap and why I mostly listen to underground stuff now.

Fall out boy is not emo

and i also like some of there stuff. i really like from under the cork tree and im digging 20 dollar nosebleeds from their newer album

also john mayer has incredible talent as a guitarist, he was a former student at berklee and has a sponsorship with fender, not to mention his solos on his own songs, reminds me of eric clapton. and the solo wasnt too bad on beat it, but how is he supposed to live up to eddie van halen
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

uptofortissimo wrote:

I'm so horribly sick of the radio being filled with nothing but rap, pop, and hip-hop. Does no one listen to the cool bands anymore? Bands like The Who, Nirvana, The Beatles, Muse, Metallica, Weezer, all the good bands have lost their place in history. It saddens me. ;(

I must sadly agree with you.

You young kiddies may not remember this, but back in the day, before MP3 players, before ThePirateBay, before iTunes, music was distributed on flat, round pieces of metallic plastic called "compact discs," which were packaged in albums marketed and distributed by record companies. Back then, you had to work your fucking ass off and show some real, marketable talent in order to get exposure, and get signed. There was no other way for you to get noticed.

Unfortunately, you gotta blame Mr. Tim Berners-Lee. His little invention called "the Internet" gave these people a way to get around the system, and as a result the floodgates of shittiness where thrown open. Now any idiot that knows how to grip a mouse can make a MySpace profile for their band, and get instant exposure. It doesn't matter how badly you suck, because enough teenage girls will love you to bits and that makes the record companies want to sign you because they can make money from it.

Music is now a commodity just like everything else. Hell, even rap is now called "music" for some reason, even though it isn't. Seriously, have you guys heard some of the lyrics lately? "I was a broke nigga, livin' in da hood wit nuthin', and now I iz a rich nigga." What the rapper means is, he gets paid to mention brand names in his music (shoes, liquor, clothing, etc.) Rappers also like to speed 90 MPH down an LA freeway in their sports cars and then when the cops pull them over, they write songs about being discriminated against by the 5-0, because they're black. :rolleyes:

I'm not dissing iTunes/iPods or whatever (because there are a lot of the good, old, classic, talented albums on iTunes), I just wish that there was still some way to keep out the suck. But there's not.

I myself am a fan of "obscure" bands in the "Neue Deutsche Härte" genre. Good old-school stuff like KMFDM as well. None of this stupid "In da hood" shit.

You forgot Led Zeppelin and all those metal bands. And Guns n' Roses (Appetite for Destruction, that is. Chinese Democracy was, in my opinion, crap.)

I agree. The definition of music has been twisted, beaten, and left for dead. "Rock" is now powerchords and bubblegum pop. What happened to guitar solos? What happened to rock n' roll, the blues? Hip-hop is also dead. Artists like Tupac, Nas are now replaced by hip-pop artists like Kanye West and all the other fake rappers. Even country music is turned away from its origins by people like Taylor Swift.

Music is now converging into one single genre. There is no clear, distinguishing line anymore. All genres have deviated from their origins and are no longer what people claim they are.

Granted, some bands still try to keep things fresh. Dream Theater and many underground bands such as A7X, RJD2, the Dave Matthews Band, Jedi Mind Tricks and 3OH!3 (before they released that disgusting Don't Trust Me song) come to mind. But all in all, music played on the radio, mainstream music, is now the same and are marketed to the public, who eat it up like sheep.

When you say the Who, people ask, the who? When you ask what hip hop artist people like, you get Lil Wayne.

Granted, there are still many people out there who rebel against mainstream and still listen to classic bands. But sadly, I must agree that music is dead. Even old bands like GnR and AC/DC are falling apart. Bands are corrupted by fame and fortune and produce music that appeal to the public and not to themselves, like FOB (I actually liked TTTYG).
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

Murder 101 wrote:

Any person with a set of ears can listen to it and tell its a form of rock.

Generally subgenres of a genre portray similarities with the genre in the sound. Shoegaze does not portray any similarities with rock. If someone listened to shoegaze and said it was a form of rock they probably don't know what rock or shoegaze are because what they are is extremely different.

LOLFag wrote:

Music is now converging into one single genre. There is no clear, distinguishing line anymore. All genres have deviated from their origins and are no longer what people claim they are.
      Granted, there are still many people out there who rebel against mainstream and still listen to classic bands. But sadly, I must agree that music is dead.

Please, for the love of God tell me you don't think this. I mean yeah, lets completely ignore what's not mainstream and the hundreds of other genres out there with people still producing it and lets take the mainstream radio stations which play only certain music and say that all music is turning into one genre.

And what the hell does "rebeling against mainstream" have to do with listening to "classic bands"? Mainstream music isn't the only new music out there you know. I don't listen to the mainstream and I don't listen to any of your so called "classic bands". Music isn't dead, you just don't know where to find it.
      [COLOR="Plum"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Shoegazer...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dezer ().

I think that u have been stuck in the same music.
      u should relax about that theme =S
      everyone listen whatever he want ;p
      i don't like this kind of music but i respect people who like it
      u can't choose what other people will listen.
      like u regard that this music is such maybe other people will think that the music that u like such ^^
      [LEFT][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/LEFT]

uptofortissimo wrote:

Bands like The Who, Nirvana, The Beatles, Muse, Metallica, Weezer, all the good bands have lost their place in history.

Y'know, they really haven't. They're all still very popular.

I don't think music is dead. It's as alive as it ever was, if not more so because of the Internet, to object to rmg126's post. True, that brings in lots more shit, but it also brings in lots more gold.

Of course, music taste is totally subjective, so it's impossible to judge whether music is getting worse.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Dezer wrote:

Please, for the love of God tell me you don't think this. I mean yeah, lets completely ignore what's not mainstream and the hundreds of other genres out there with people still producing it and lets take the mainstream radio stations which play only certain music and say that all music is turning into one genre.

And what the hell does "rebeling against mainstream" have to do with listening to "classic bands"? Mainstream music isn't the only new music out there you know. I don't listen to the mainstream and I don't listen to any of your so called "classic bands". Music isn't dead, you just don't know where to find it.

Granted, some bands still try to keep things fresh. Dream Theater and many underground bands such as A7X, RJD2, the Dave Matthews Band, Jedi Mind Tricks and 3OH!3 (before they released that disgusting Don't Trust Me song) come to mind. But all in all, music played on the radio, mainstream music, is now the same and are marketed to the public, who eat it up like sheep.

That's what I said. There are still bands outside what the radio bands. Many, too, but most of them are underplayed and underrated.

And when I meant rebelling, I wasn't referring to an actual revolution. I merely meant that there are people who refuse to join the countless sheep.

And I do know where to find real music. I find refuge in the 70's and 80's.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

LOLFag wrote:

That's what I said. There are still bands outside what the radio bands. Many, too, but most of them are underplayed and underrated.

And when I meant rebelling, I wasn't referring to an actual revolution. I merely meant that there are people who refuse to join the countless sheep.

And I do know where to find real music. I find refuge in the 70's and 80's.

I wouldn't say any of those artists "underground" they're all pretty well known in the music scene. Just because they don't get mainstream air time doesn't make them obscure. Though I don't like any of those you named anyway apart from RJD2.

I read the rebelling thing as "People that don't listen to mainstream music listen to those old 'classic bands'". I probably misread though.
      [COLOR="Plum"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Shoegazer...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Dezer wrote:

Dude needs to go to pitchfork or somein!

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

silverskater wrote:

fallout boy should be shot...repeatedly

People didn't seem to get the sarcasm I used in that post.

Oh well.

Those bands will be remembered forever, but just because they ain't on the radio the whole time doesn't mean that have lost their place in history..

And muse have a new album out in a few months... can't wait for it :D

But ya your OP is incredible obnoxious.. just because you don't like a genre it doesn't mean its bad, it just means that its not your taste...

AND what about Bach and Tchaikovsky and Mozart and all the classical composers that no band has ever compared to... why aren't they on the radio the entire time?

Just cos they aren't your taste in music doesn't mean that everyone should like them, even though I love most of the bands up there the rock genre had its day, and it will again.. deal with it

But I mean that in the nicest way possible :)
      [CENTER]:DCan't wait for SGU:D
      [/CENTER]