My friend..

• The other day my friends mum died of cancer. I feel so sad for her because her dad died 5 years ago and now she has no parents. I'm going to the funeral on wednesday but I text her first to ask if there's anything i should bring. She said no but she'll come see me later on. So anyway I bought her this wall hanging that has faith with angel wings written on it and a sympathy card and gave it to her when she came. I didn't know what to expect because well, her mum just died but the weird thing is, she acted JUST like she would usually. She talked about her mums death like it happened 10 years ago. We laughed and talked about all sorts of random crap. Yet her mum died like a day ago O_O..

I don't get it, she's christian, do you think it has anything to do with that? Or the fact that they expected their mum to die and it was a relief that she let go? I'm confused and wondering whether she might be hiding her grief or just doesn't feel any.
      [RIGHT]I miss you Dad.
      [/RIGHT]
    • Re: My friend..

People react differently, if it's her way of dealin with it, respect it.
      Just offer your support and guidance and hopefully she should make it through this troubled time.
      Poor thing :(
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]we each owe a death, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]there are no exceptions ,[/SIZE][SIZE=3]but sometimes, oh god, [/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]the green mile seems so long.[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Give your friend some space. She is having to sort out her entire life right now. Being there for her is enough. Sometimes she will need someone to listen, and sometimes she might need somebody to cry with. But, don't smother her.

Give her a hug from me. Hugs are always nice.

idk2008 wrote:

Give your friend some space. She is having to sort out her entire life right now. Being there for her is enough. Sometimes she will need someone to listen, and sometimes she might need somebody to cry with. But, don't smother her.

Give her a hug from me. Hugs are always nice.

Agreed.
      Also, many people react to death differently. Some happy and laughing and remembering good times in a positive light...some sad and feeling depressed despite the wonderful memories.
      Give her a big hug for me. :)
      ...see me....feel me...touch me....heal me....
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Medicate wrote:

I don't get it, she's christian, do you think it has anything to do with that? Or the fact that they expected their mum to die and it was a relief that she let go? I'm confused and wondering whether she might be hiding her grief or just doesn't feel any.

People handle grief differently. Some laugh then cry, some cry then laugh, some just completely blank it all out and head into denile and others take it all face on. It varies; to say the least.

Your friend is just handling it the way she wants or the way she only knows how. Maybe she does not feel grief as of now, but eventually it will come and she will begin to mourn her loss. Whatever happens; just keep doing what you are. If she needs you, be there - if she wants space, give her it. Know what I mean?

Take care and I'm sorry about your friends loss.

That is very sad news.

Everyone deals with loss differently. I remember, when someone died in the family, some of us were upset right from the start and it felt like we were crying for weeks. And others seemed totally normal, they were handling all the arrangements and not one tear.

Day of the funeral came, everyone was sad, again, a couple of people were normal, nothing at all. After the funeral, everyone had home home, it was just close family there, and they burst. And it was scary, because I have never seen anyone get so sad before. It took over a week to kick in. But it came eventually.

Your friend is being brave, using her religion to get through it, no doubt. But it will 'hit her' at some point, it's inevitable. So, just be there for her when she needs you.
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]