Long Distance??

• Long Distance??

I started talking to a guy online, and we really hit it off. We met on a social site and quickly started talking on AIM and on the phone. He lives about 4 hours [about 170 miles] away from me. We were both already going to a big concert and decided to meet there. I finally met him and I really really like him. We hung out most of the day and kissed goodbye. Now i really want to see him more often...
      I guess im just wishing that we could hang out more.

But my question is do you think it's worth it?; liking a guy that i'll probably only be able to see once every few months? He's going to college by where he lives, he's 18, Im 16...
      Input please!
    • Re: Long Distance??

lizafizz92 wrote:

I started talking to a guy online, and we really hit it off. We met on a social site and quickly started talking on AIM and on the phone. He lives about 4 hours [about 170 miles] away from me. We were both already going to a big concert and decided to meet there. I finally met him and I really really like him. We hung out most of the day and kissed goodbye. Now i really want to see him more often...
      I guess im just wishing that we could hang out more.

But my question is do you think it's worth it?; liking a guy that i'll probably only be able to see once every few months? He's going to college by where he lives, he's 18, Im 16...
      Input please!

That's entirely up to the two of you. If you really like him, and he really likes you back, and you both think that you can handle that kind of distance between the two of you, then go for it. I see a lot of people as some variation on that question and there's no way that someone who doesn't know you well could give a very good answer. If you aren't too into him or you don't know you want to have a long term relationship with him, then it might not be a bad idea to stop now. If you see a real future with him, if you love him, then it would be crazy to break up over distance.

When you ask us if its worth it or not, maybe consider asking yourself. Does he make you feel special like no one else does? I mean, sure you enjoy hanging out with him but is that enough? You probably have a couple of other boys that you are really friendly with and enjoy being with except they are closer.

If you're going to commit to that next level of the relationship then really think about why you would want to do it, don't just jump into it because that can develop into a problem that will just hurt the both of you. If or when you finally decide that you really want to be with him then i think the distance shouldn't be a boundary.

The reason(s) why is because you will be able to make contact with him over phone or IM, then when you meet him you can do the stuff you cant do over the phone ;).

Also, remember if you go through with this you will have to give him a lot of trust, since you obviously won't be with him all the time, and vice versa. So make sure he is a decent guy and take it slow...don't over-commit pretty much.

Well i gave you a few possible things to consider, gl!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [LEFT]rawr![/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]you only live once...[/RIGHT]

As some people have already said, long distance relationships depend on the two people that are in the relationship.

If you can trust him and he can trust you, and you are sure that both of you are serious about it then there isnt a real reason why it wouldnt work out.
      But the problem with long distance relationships is that people take them as a joke and end up hurting the other person who is clearly taking it seriously.

So you just have to make sure that you both are in it together :)
      [SIZE="4"]
      youtube.com/afriendlyarab[/SIZE]

Cyph3r wrote:

its definitely worth it xD
      yea just keep talking to him on the phone or w/e. you will be able to spend more time with him eventually, it's all worth the wait

Wat he said. Me and cyph3r met online. We started dating and visiting eachother a few times and talked, text, and instant msged allot! now im living with him and things are great!! so i say go for it. ya never know wat could happen :)
      [CENTER][/CENTER]