3 days and still crying!! can't let her go! I can't take it anymore!

• 3 days and still crying!! can't let her go! I can't take it anymore!

3 days and still crying!! can't let her go! what do i do?

my girlfriend of 5 months left me 3 days ago and it's been killing me. Im 16, she was my first real love and everything came as such a surprise. She left me because she said that when we're apart, it doesn't feel like we're together. the only thing keeping us together was the sex and that we don't really know the other side of each other, and it's just too late now. but she said she still loves me and she texts me still telling me she loves me and she misses me. i dont know if shes doing it to try to make me feel better or because there's a chance I could get her back. she said she wants to be friends still. when she came to my house to break up with me, the last thing we did was make out...she kept kissing me and she was crying, as was i. I wish I could have seen it coming so it would hurt less, but I didn't want to accept it. Anyways it just hurts so bad. It's like the most important thing in my life has left me, and I don't know how to deal with it. In the day it's not as hard, but when I get home and at the end of the day i let everything out that's been bottled up and cry. im crying right now as i write this. i just don't know what do. i cant stop crying. even if i go out, ive tried being with friends, nothing makes me stop thinking of it. please help me?? ='(

People keep telling me to let go, but I wish it was that easy. Or they tell me to find someone new, but I can't even talk to a girl right now without thinking of my ex. We didn't get to see each other a lot, so that's why we both felt apart and didn't feel like we know each other.
    • Re: 3 days and still crying!! can't let her go! I can't take it anymore!

Erm.. It'll pass after a while. I don't think I've ever been as upset as you are at the moment, but sleep helped me get through the worst of it.. and letting it all out on someone completely random really helps.

Don't find someone else. It really doesn't work, and if you try and force things to happen, you'll just get even worse.. Just try and make it through for a while.. It will ease up, believe it or not, but it's just gonna be hard, that's all..

Do you have anyone close to you that won't mind letting you unleash it all on them? It really does take a lot of the strain off..

Of course its not easy to let go. if it were easy, you wouldn't still be dwelling on it, you wouldn't need to have asked for help. i know that the signals she's sending are mixed, but you need to get it into your head that she broke up with you for a reason. it doesn't matter that she says she still loves you, or that she seems equally conflicted about this. none of this changes the fact that she was the one who opted out.

Knowing how a girl's mind works, two things stick out if everything is exactly how you describe it: 1. she really does want to stay friends with you, and a lot of what she has done has been to try to make things as easy on you as possible through this. she does care about you and does have feelings for you. 2. and I'm not telling you something you haven't already suspected - the reason she gave for breaking up with you is untrue, either partially or completely. if it were, she would be emotionally detached. girls don't break up needlessly with guys they have an emotional attachment to, even younger or mid teen girls. i'm not going to say any more on that part, but just keep in in mind before you start trying to "fix" a problem that was only a cover for something else.

The thing you wonder most is whether or not you might be able to get her back. the answer is a good one: Yes. she wants you as a friend right now, so do everything to be as good a friend as you can be. it might be that she realizes that she was wrong. don't count on it, but don't write it off either. One other thing to ask yourself is, do you care enough for her that you will stay friends with her even if that's all you will be able to be? think about it.

Jenna wrote:

Of course its not easy to let go. if it were easy, you wouldn't still be dwelling on it, you wouldn't need to have asked for help. i know that the signals she's sending are mixed, but you need to get it into your head that she broke up with you for a reason. it doesn't matter that she says she still loves you, or that she seems equally conflicted about this. none of this changes the fact that she was the one who opted out.

Knowing how a girl's mind works, two things stick out if everything is exactly how you describe it: 1. she really does want to stay friends with you, and a lot of what she has done has been to try to make things as easy on you as possible through this. she does care about you and does have feelings for you. 2. and I'm not telling you something you haven't already suspected - the reason she gave for breaking up with you is untrue, either partially or completely. if it were, she would be emotionally detached. girls don't break up needlessly with guys they have an emotional attachment to, even younger or mid teen girls. i'm not going to say any more on that part, but just keep in in mind before you start trying to "fix" a problem that was only a cover for something else.

The thing you wonder most is whether or not you might be able to get her back. the answer is a good one: Yes. she wants you as a friend right now, so do everything to be as good a friend as you can be. it might be that she realizes that she was wrong. don't count on it, but don't write it off either. One other thing to ask yourself is, do you care enough for her that you will stay friends with her even if that's all you will be able to be? think about it.

Haha, I'm so glad you said that. You helped me out there too, +rep

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate everything. I just need to add one thing. She is going to be 18 before I even turn 17, so there is a little age difference there. I haven't been able to eat or sleep much.

You need to eat, whether you like it or not :| Funnily enough though, I won't listen to my own advice here..

The sleep will catch up on you eventually.. Just try and do something vigorous to wear you out and hopefully keep your mind off it, and then try and catch some sleep after.

i loved once, believe it or not, it turned me into an asshole, that bitch cheated on me twice, once with her brother (fucking wrong), and so i found out and dumped her, it tore me apart...that was 2 years ago...i never said i love you to any girl after that, it will pass but you never forget your first love
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Up The Irons!

Breakups suck :( everyone's been through them or will go through them and its okay to feel upset and think that the worlds ending. Its a natural thing. It since you guys broke up so recently its gonna be painful for a while. There is never a set time limit of when you'll stop feeling so upset.. but gradually, day by day, it does get better.

The best things to do when in the midst of a breakup is to constantly keep busy. Hanging out with friends, family, sports, hobbies, etc. You name it, you should do it.

I am sure everyone is telling you the same thing.. but like others you'll survive and be stronger because of it. Just keep in mind that its not something you did or she did, it was distance and some people aren't made for long-distance type of relationships. Trust me you'll feel better in the long run! Maybe not today.. but hopefully tomorrow :D

Im going through a breakup right now. Long distance kicked our asses. It's hard, but after I moved here, he became very unsupportive of me and my dreams, just because I wasn't there. And that's bullshit.

But, what you need to do, is get your mind off of it. You need to go out and enjoy yourself. You're still very young, and she wont be your last girlfriend, I promise. You'll find someone to love you, and support your dreams, and be there for you no matter what. Someone you will know everything about. Someone who will be your best friend. I wish you the best of luck, everything will turn out the way it's supposed to.

Hey man, I know how you feel. Mine just broke up with me like, 12 days ago :(... The crying and feeling lost will pass... and I know it sounds terrible, but until you fall for someone else, you won't get over your ex. All I can say is just do your best to get through it, talk to someone who's been through something similar, or at least someone talk to someone who will be able to offer some advice.

I hope you start feeling better soon :D.

It is hard to let go of your first love, and it will take some time to heal. I would suggest if you have trouble getting over her to try and take some time away from her all together. It may be hard to do that since you care so deeply about her, but you have to give yourself some time to get over her which is going to be difficult if you are talking to her.
      Secondly, I disagree with your friends. You cannot be ready for another relationship when you are not over your last one. It is not fair to yourself or the other girl if you do that.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]