Why is she so protective over this?

• Why is she so protective over this?

Ok so, when I was younger I would have loads of sleepovers with boys. I was young and nothing would happen, obviously. Now, im 13 and me and 3 girl mates and 2 boy mates are going to thorpe park, after that, all of them are coming back to my house for a sleepover. My mum is acting really over protective over this, I have had a mixed sleepover before, and reassure her im 13 and nothing will happen yet she still thinks once shes in bed, something might happen, and the girls wont be able to stop thereself or as she said "Once a girl likes it, and feels good, she cant stop, and when a boy is turned on, sometimes there is no stopping him" and then I told her that I could stop it if anything happened (which it wont) but she just said i was niave. Why is she like this when I KNOW for a FACT nothing will happen! All of us are friends. and we respect eachother. so we wouldnt want anything to happen. WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS? :) ty:kiss:

Laurajane (And Izzie) :)
    • Re: Why is she so protective over this?

She does know them and just because she is my mother it does not give her the right to say that she thinks i'm going to have sex infront of my other mates e.t.c! And plus, Izzie's mother is totally fine with the mixed sleepover already because she trusts Izzie. I don't get why my mum doesn't trust me in that sense! Argh

LauraJane wrote:

She does know them and just because she is my mother it does not give her the right to say that she thinks i'm going to have sex infront of my other mates e.t.c! And plus, Izzie's mother is totally fine with the mixed sleepover already because she trusts Izzie. I don't get why my mum doesn't trust me in that sense! Argh

Seriously, moms are just like that - protective. You gotta understand, you're her child, she wants to protect you, keep ya' innocent and whatnot ... I'm sure she doesn't have bad intentions in mind.

Essentially, she has raised you your whole life. Whether she shows it or not you are one of the most important thing in her life, so she is always going to be concerned with what you are getting up too.

She may not trust these friends if she doesnt know them...shes looking out for your well-being and you should try and respect it.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]watch it all [/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]turn to[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]dust[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

I don't think this is a trust issue, as such. I think your mum is just aware that you're getting older and things change. She's, in effect, trying to prevent a problem before a problem accurs. And she's right in a way, some girls and guys are like that. But it's obviously not how you and your friends are.

The thing you need to do is build up the trust with your mum and you, and your friends. Tell her you will leave the door open a crack all the time, or say she can walk in anytime if she wants, you don't mind. Yes, it might be a little annoying, but once she realises you have nothing to hide and there's nothing to worry about, then she will be fine.

Again, I am sure it's not a trust issue. She just is a worrier, and some people are like that. She can't help it. She thinks of all the things that COULD possibly happen, and then convinces herself it probably will happen. She loves you and cares about you, and just wants to make sure you're safe and everything.
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

Hi :)
      It's a parent's job to be protective of their kids. She's being a good mother, that's all :) And now you're at the age where you're starting to think about that sort of thing, but as you said, you're all friends and you respect each other. Remember, your mother was your age once - she knows exactly what goes on, so she's just speaking from experience.

Just carry on and go along with it, and in time when she knows she can trust you and you've proven yourself, she should calm down. She's just beign a good mother, it's a good thing really :)
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

LauraJane wrote:

Ok so, when I was younger I would have loads of sleepovers with boys. I was young and nothing would happen, obviously. Now, im 13 and me and 3 girl mates and 2 boy mates are going to thorpe park, after that, all of them are coming back to my house for a sleepover. My mum is acting really over protective over this, I have had a mixed sleepover before, and reassure her im 13 and nothing will happen yet she still thinks once shes in bed, something might happen, and the girls wont be able to stop thereself or as she said "Once a girl likes it, and feels good, she cant stop, and when a boy is turned on, sometimes there is no stopping him" and then I told her that I could stop it if anything happened (which it wont) but she just said i was niave. Why is she like this when I KNOW for a FACT nothing will happen! All of us are friends. and we respect eachother. so we wouldnt want anything to happen. WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS? :) ty:kiss:

Ok, maybe it's because I live in a very dangerous country and all, but I think that your mom has a right to be protective. No one knows what could happen, including you. But if she's being out-of-control protective, then it IS a trust issue, and that isn't good. Either way: talk with her, try to see her point of view and be careful. :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Absolute freedom, I dare say, is only an illusion. Because we are simply all too human.